It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Scared...

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-03-2015, 05:48 AM   #1
    Overitall0514
    (female)

Overitall0514 HB User
    Please help, withdrawing from opiates

Hi, I am new here and I have been taking opiates since December 2012 due to a car accident and surgery. I started taking my pain meds as prescribed and then over time I started taking way more than I was prescribed. I decided to find a rehab facility and the day I got there I saw a nurse. After telling her what I had been taking, she called the doctor and he told her what type of meds to give me. It is now 3:30am and I was tired, especially after the 5 1/2 drive it took me to get to this place. She gave me a small plastic cup with 7-8 pills. I took them without asking what they were. The next thing I knew, I was in the ER department, with a migraine, barely able to keep my eyes open and them telling me that I was non-responsive so I was taken by ambulance. My husband and daughter had already started their way back home. The facility had told my husband that I was fine and they needed a little more information about me. I didn't get to talk to my family because I didn't have my phone nor I couldn't see because I didn't have my contacts in. I was so scared!!!! They lied to him. No one in the hospital would help me. Thank God I knew my credit card number by heart because the hospital operator would not let me call long distance. I called my husband and he turned around as he was an hour away from home to come get me. My point of this story is this scared me so much that I decided to go cold turkey off all opiates. Today @ 9 pm will be 7 days clean. I am scared because I still feel the withdrawal symptoms and I have absolutely no support system. I am hoping someone will respond so I don't feel alone. Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Overitall0514; 07-03-2015 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Title change

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Overitall0514
    Phoenix (07-10-2015),SanyBelle (07-10-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2015, 08:18 PM   #2
    Phoenix
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
    Re: Scared...

Hello O and welcome.

Know that you're not alone and i'll be but a message away.

Please feel free to post as often as you like, for you're always welcome here.

Respectfully
    Phoenix

Old 07-30-2015, 12:17 AM   #3
    Gman54
    (male)

Gman54 HB User
    Re: Please help, withdrawing from opiates

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Overitall0514 View Post
    Hi, I am new here and I have been taking opiates since December 2012 due to a car accident and surgery. I started taking my pain meds as prescribed and then over time I started taking way more than I was prescribed. I decided to find a rehab facility and the day I got there I saw a nurse. After telling her what I had been taking, she called the doctor and he told her what type of meds to give me. It is now 3:30am and I was tired, especially after the 5 1/2 drive it took me to get to this place. She gave me a small plastic cup with 7-8 pills. I took them without asking what they were. The next thing I knew, I was in the ER department, with a migraine, barely able to keep my eyes open and them telling me that I was non-responsive so I was taken by ambulance. My husband and daughter had already started their way back home. The facility had told my husband that I was fine and they needed a little more information about me. I didn't get to talk to my family because I didn't have my phone nor I couldn't see because I didn't have my contacts in. I was so scared!!!! They lied to him. No one in the hospital would help me. Thank God I knew my credit card number by heart because the hospital operator would not let me call long distance. I called my husband and he turned around as he was an hour away from home to come get me. My point of this story is this scared me so much that I decided to go cold turkey off all opiates. Today @ 9 pm will be 7 days clean. I am scared because I still feel the withdrawal symptoms and I have absolutely no support system. I am hoping someone will respond so I don't feel alone. Thank you in advance!
    Hi over it all. guess what!! you're almost over it all you're going to be fine, Take it from me, I have some real problems and not to say that yours are not but the worst is over for you. If i ,may ,make a suggestion. Right now go call information and google Narcotics Anonymous meetings, find one and Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not take any more opiates. it's just a disease of your mind telling you, you need more.Better go to an addiction counselor if you want to keep your family. Iam 61 and wish i could tell you mt story but maybe some other time. Remember this YOU CANNOT EVER SAFELY USE OPIATES AGAIN UNLESS UNDERGOING SEVERE SURGERY AND UNDER A DOCTORS CARE WHO KNOWS YOU ARE A PERSON THAT ABUSES OPIATES. please DO NOT LIE TO YOUR HUSBAND OR YOUR KIDS. i LOST MINE! GET INVOLVED WITH A 12 STEP NA PROGRAM!!I KNOW YOU'RE SCARED NOW BUT WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH WAS A GOOD LEARNING EXPERIENCE. what YOU NEED TO BE SCARED OF IS YOU MAY HAVE A DISEASE OF ADDITION THAT WANTS YOU DEAD AND TO LOSE EVERYTHING INCLUDING YOUR FAMILY iT'S LATE FOR ME AND YOU WILL READ ONE OF MY POSTS LATER.i HAVE SOME SERIOUS ADDICTION PROBLEMS WHERE IF I DO NOT GET SOME PEOPLE AROUND ME TO TALK TO CONSTANTLY I AM GOING TO DIE! I WILL BE HERE IF YOU NEED ME .I DO NOT THINK ANYONE HERE IS GOING TO ARGUE WITH MY ADVICE. take CARE DO NOT USE! GO TO MEETINGS,GET A SPONSOR,GIVE AND GET PHONE NUMBERS AND YOU AND YOUR HUBBY SHOULD GO TOGETHER FOR SOME COUNSELING.

GOOD LUCK

Gman54

Reply Reply