It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Hi everyone i am in serious trouble and need help!!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-23-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
    Gman54
    (male)

Gman54 HB User
    Hi everyone i am in serious trouble and need help!!

Hi everyone,

someone was nice enough to send this link for me to join and rather burden this individual most of the time as he is my Narcotics Anonymous Sponsor i want to bring some things here in hopes that i can make some steady friends and get some help from some people who really know about my problems and are willing to help me. One thing, i have noticed that the questions about medication that are being posted here are from those who have legitimate pain problems but mine are horrible and purely addiction problems. I am over 60 and have battled with mostly opiate addiction my entire life. since i was 15 yrs old.

I managed to clean up my act for about 16 or 17 yrs and at that point had a wonderful family ,became an extremely wealthy businessman and decent father and Husband.When i say decent, i was more than decent i was a good decent dad and loving husband but i never put my recovery first and lost everything ,started using again and no it is so bad that i have been using and stopping {mostly using }oxycodone er about 160 mgs a day plus Xanax about 2 mgs a day and this run has been going on about 5 month straight. I really donīt know what kind of life i am going to have if i can even clean up and God gives me yet another chance which i do not feel i deserve anyway but i am suffering, crying, extremely depressed because i refuse to stop but i swear i really deep down inside my heart of hearts want to. I say i do not want to stop because even though i know i do i keep using. I now live in South American ,am fortunate to have someone in my life and yes i do have some meetings in recovery i do attend but you really have to work at this and the older i get, the harder it getīs.

People tell me go cold turkey! Should i even though my answer is itīs too much for me. So ,hereīs what a friend who has detoxed many people has come up with. I know all about methadone and how horrible it is but i do not like it so i will not abuse it. He suggested on my high dose of oxycodone ER 160 mgs a day with the 2mg of Xanax that i take 30 mgs methadone in the day and 30 at night and he will taper me off of the methadone in about a week and i will not get that really sick.

Please i can use methadone because i do not like it and will not abuse it so it is the better choice detox wise to stop taking oxycodone which i do like and it is killing me. My questions are and i neg of you as i am really scared man is htis guy have me on the right track, will i get really sick after only a week on methadone and will it get the oxycodone which is not long lasting out of my system where i will just have trouble sleeping and i will not suffer terribly. Please some of you who really know my please advise me when i can start the methadone, i also have allot of clonidine which i was told may help but i am terrified about the withdrawals and the PAWS if you know what that is.

Please can someone advise me on what to do.I do not have any detox centers here {IMPOSSIBLE} nor detox doctors. I live in South America in a third world country but i do have some detox meds. I am really to stop using amd i need so many prayers i canīt tell you.

i am a good guy and would help anyone that needed my help.
    Please get back to me ASAP As I NEED YOURS!!!!

Last edited by Administrator; 07-23-2015 at 02:21 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Gman54:
    Phoenix (07-26-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2015, 05:32 PM   #2
    Sadtosay
    Veteran
    (female)

Sadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB UserSadtosay HB User
    Re: Hi everyone i am in serious trouble and need help!!

Please DO NOT cold turkey off either of these medications. You could make yourself very ill, and there is a strong possibility of seizures, too.

You need to taper these drugs, and slowly. Start with the Xanax, since it is a potent and highly addictive benzodiazepine. You should consider making dose adjustments of no more than 10% at a time, and make dose cuts about ever two to three weeks. That will probably be tolerable. Bear in mind that you need to go at your own pace, but you must always move forward, never backward.

Know that it will take time to get of these drugs, but it is possible to do this. I tapered off a 15 year Ativan addiction two and a half years ago, and while it was uncomfortable, it was never bad enough that I couldn't deal with it.

Last edited by Sadtosay; 07-28-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Reply Reply