It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Ready to leave Suboxone forever! this was my plan

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-18-2015, 07:22 AM   #1
    imgettingbetter
    (male)

imgettingbetter HB User
    Ready to leave Suboxone forever! this was my plan

I have been on Suboxone for about 5 years now with a great doctor who was very strict. Measured you levels and if you messed up or tested positive for ANYTHING you are out and the the next person is in. I really have to thank him the most because in the early phases I really had cravings and wanted and would use if I could, but his monthly appointments and drug checks kept me in check. pretty soon the craving went away and a string urge to get my life back has come upon me. I worked myself from 8mg at the beginning to 1/8th mg now per day. It still amazes the power of this drug. I still get symptoms when I try and stretch the 1/8 to more than a day. So tomorrow will be my last 1/8th then I am DONE!!

Has anyone on here jumped from an 1/8th and had severe symptoms.? Just want to prepare myself for the next week or so. The worst part for me has been my bowels at this point and can't sleep early in the AM. I have ample Clonodine from DR but can only take that at night cause it makes me sleepy and dizzy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2015, 01:38 AM   #2
    oxygirl
    Veteran
    (female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User
    Re: Ready to leave Suboxone forever! this was my plan

Just curious as to how you did. I also was on high doses of oxycodone then went on the suboxine to try to get off of the opiates. I can now make one suboxine strip last for 7 days. you are right the power of that little strip is amazing. I am terrified. I have 2.5 strips left and i want to be done as well. I hope you get this or someone responds that has had a similar problem. I really could use some advice

Old 01-05-2016, 03:45 PM   #3
    jw203
    (male)

jw203 HB User

I've only ever seen success with suboxone if it's used long term. Kudos to your doctor for keeping it ethical! Withdrawal symptoms will vary from person to person. 1/8 isn't much and you've had a steady decline for quiet some time. You'll have more of a mental battle than a physical one.

Old 01-05-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
    Mmccs53
    (female)

Mmccs53 HB User

I'm not the Suboxone user, but my husband was. I watched him try to go off it numerous times over the past 4 years in agony and just to give up and take it again. BUT, he finally did it. He also weaned himself down to 1/4 of a 2 mg strip a day and then 1/8 to his last strip gone. The withdrawal was actually minimal. A few nights of restless legs, a headache relieved with Aleve, some mild nausea, but he still had an appetite, and his unusual sneezing fits when eating. It's seemed to already resolved itself. It's been 6 days since his last dose and he seems to be back to normal. He said he believes alot of the withdrawal symptoms were psychological. Hope this helps

Reply Reply