It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Dizzy, Hypersensitivity to loud sounds, bright lights, little shaky

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-25-2003, 10:17 PM   #1
    muffer_s

muffer_s HB User
    Post Dizzy, Hypersensitivity to loud sounds, bright lights, little shaky

For about 8 weeks I have had a feeling that IĎve not been not feeling well.

About 6 weeks ago I started getting Dizzy every time I was moving about. Itís like a feeling that you have been drinking. This is scary because Iím very physically fit with know history of this. Iím 33 now. I went to he doctors Both Ear and Nero, Got an MRI of my head, and it came up negative for anything that they could see. Got a hearing test, that was good and the presser in my ears are fine.

Iíve been using stimulants on the weekends for about 7 months recreationally on up to about 8 weeks ago. When I felt ****y then I stopped all to gather. Iím quick to recover almost all the time except this time.

Being positive is a big part of my life and my friends and family can tell somethingís up with me, But itís hard to stay positive when from the moment you get out of bed the dizziness run your life with sharp sudden sounds and Bright lights hurt my eyes.

ō Is my body trying to detoxify?
    ō Has anybody had an experience?

I know I blew it by using stimulants. Hopefully, I can get some good advice

Thanks

Muff

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2003, 02:32 PM   #2
    HeyThere
    Veteran

HeyThere HB User
    By chance I decided to reply to you only because of what I found through my "study" on amino acid therapy - ammonia may be built up in your system and causing brain cloud - many/most stimulants amphetamines including crack, x, e, nazi **** are processed or produced with ammonia - I read all this and was completely amazed what people put in their body but anyway.

*****Amino Acids look into it ---l-glutamine it is supposed to neutrilize ammonia-brain fog. Please research Amino Acids as a whole- Body builders use them to their advantage, some of the amino acids are not for everyone and some have certain side effects aswell. - seek and you shall find. You will also find alot of info on the stuff that was abused/used just pass it by. Please share your info with the others on this forum, they are trying to beat a big monster up with only will power some need the info be a pipper.

I have never done drugs and will never, I am just not interested in wasting my mind- it is a gift and I am blessed to be in this country with all its possibilities to enable people to be their best and bring forth the human race as a whole, glad you are trying to get through it. I'll get off my soap box now. sorry.

Old 04-27-2003, 10:23 PM   #3
    muffer_s

muffer_s HB User
    HeyThere,

> l-glutamine it is supposed to neutrilize ammonia-brain fog.

How long does it take l-glutamine to take affect?

Thanks!

Old 04-28-2003, 07:20 AM   #4
    HeyThere
    Veteran

HeyThere HB User
    Do the research -most of my links are in my brain I do them for myself therefore I don't write them down if they don't pertain to me, really sorry. I think getbig has some good info on amino acids in general but they don't state how long it takes to get a certain effect. Also, had you had any antibiotics in the past three months? Sometimes people can have allergic reactions to them. Also look into TMJ and teeth grinding-Bruxism. What is your blood pressure?Do you have sinus conditions with the weather/seasons change?
    You should call these med labs to see if they offer a test to measure the amount of ammonia in your system before you actually do anything.

What about the computer bars of light also, that can cause many visual issues. Did you check for strep, mono, STDs? I hope you take care.

Old 04-28-2003, 09:20 AM   #5
    HeyThere
    Veteran

HeyThere HB User
    Wink

Do an Yahoo engine search : ammonia l-glutamine neutralizes check out # 8 #17 the others are just as good but the #17 may help answer your questions by reading it reads cleans blood brain etc. Share your info with others on this subject on this forum.

amino acids are part of the building blocks of our DNA, if I remember correctly. Ammonia is not in the l-glutamine. The search engine ammonia l-glutamine neutralizes is just a search that eliminates all the other unnecessary stuff to read through-I tried to make it easy for you to sift through. and yes you should consult a physician to outrule other things like i mentioned above because it could be totally unrelated. ex: if mono goes untreated you get all these weird things going on that no one can explain and it gets labled syndrome.

[This message has been edited by HeyThere (edited 04-29-2003).]

[This message has been edited by HeyThere (edited 04-29-2003).]

Old 04-28-2003, 05:28 PM   #6
    Phil H2

Phil H2 HB User
    Mr Muffler,

I just wanted to say that if you do try any of that glutimine stuff, why not let your doctors know. Your doctors went to school for years to learn about how the human body works. You should give them the best possible opportunity to help you.

Do you have reason to believe that your recreational stimulent use has caused your problem? If so you might consider letting the doctors know. There could be another problem if the stimulants were street drugs, the problem is you don't know what is in street drugs. A lot of street drugs like crystal meth are cooked-up by drug addicts. I do not know if anyone has told you this before but drug addicts are known to lie, cheat and steal. If your recreating with street drugs, who knows whats in them.

Sorry if I sound like Just-Say-No-Nancy
    I am usually not this way
    Phil

Old 05-03-2003, 08:21 AM   #7
    dsue

dsue HB User
    Hi Muff.

Does your dizziness feel like you are in motion? Like you are bobbing around on ocean waves?

Or is it more the spinning vertigo type dizzy?

Closed Thread