It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Am I addicted?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-01-2016, 05:03 AM   #1
    Melanow21
    (female)

Melanow21 HB User
    Am I addicted?

Hi all,
    Iím here to raise my concern about my drinking problem. Iím a 34-year married woman and used to drink daily. But I donít think that Iím addicted to it. My husband is always complaining that I'm creating problem after drinking, heís forcing me to join in nearby addiction treatment center ( Edgewood, Toronto), but Iím not into it. I donít want to go to any rehab centers. I know Iím not addicted to anything, but confused because of my husbandís strange concerns. in fact, I just hate my husband because of this, I wonder this may create any problem in our family. What should I do? Do I need to join in any rehab center? How can I check that whether I am addicted or not? Please help me.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Melanow21
    Larry88 (02-03-2016),Phoenix (02-06-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2016, 04:54 PM   #2
    Larry88
    (male)

Larry88 HB UserLarry88 HB UserLarry88 HB UserLarry88 HB UserLarry88 HB UserLarry88 HB UserLarry88 HB UserLarry88 HB UserLarry88 HB UserLarry88 HB UserLarry88 HB User
    Re: Am I addicted?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Melanow21 View Post
    Hi all,
    Iím here to raise my concern about my drinking problem. Iím a 34-year married woman and used to drink daily. But I donít think that Iím addicted to it. My husband is always complaining that I'm creating problem after drinking, heís forcing me to join in nearby addiction treatment center ( Edgewood, Toronto), but Iím not into it. I donít want to go to any rehab centers. I know Iím not addicted to anything, but confused because of my husbandís strange concerns. in fact, I just hate my husband because of this, I wonder this may create any problem in our family. What should I do? Do I need to join in any rehab center? How can I check that whether I am addicted or not? Please help me.
    hi, I'm no expert on addiction by any means. reading your post, to seems to me you answer all your own questions. except one? you're concerned about your drinking problem. your husband says it's creating problems. so yes it will create problems in your family. you already hate your husband because of him wanting you to go to a treatment center. that's a big problem! do you need to join one? I don't know? do you need to drink? or just want to drink? if you need you're probably addicted? if you just want a drink? just drink one, maybe two and be done. how do you check if addicted? only you can figure that out. either drink or don't drink the choice is yours! if you need to join a group? find onr you like and join it only you know what is right for you.

I hope I've given you some answers just by pointing out the facts as I read rgem from your post.

good luck and god bless

Old 02-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #3
    Phoenix
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
    Re: Am I addicted?

Hello Melanow21 and welcome

Can you go a few weeks without a drink without the thought of having one consume your thoughts daily or hourly?

It's not entirely how much a person consumes but how the person reacts once taking that first drink.

Can you stop after that first drink with no problem?

Does drinking change your mood dramatically?

Is drinking viewed as a way of relaxing or a means of completely alleviating the notion of stress?

These are but a few questions to consider.

Please feel free to post as often as you like for the invitation is an open one.

Respectfully
    Phoenix

Reply Reply