It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Suboxone and libido

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2016, 01:45 AM   #1
Stayingclean
(male)

Stayingclean HB User
Suboxone and libido

I been on Suboxone for a cpl years now with one relapse of six months that was exactly a year ago I been doing great bow two lovely kids and a great wife my problem is, I don't have any sexual desire before I was able to get to a low dose but now I'm working a very physically demanding job and I been taking more because I feel as if. I need it or I'm tired and such I know if I got on a lower dose or got off it would fix the issue. I feel so bad my wife feels neglected we have sex like once a week maybe twice but it's only severely intimate like twice a month you know when it's good and know when it's bad when your a man. I feel like I'm suffering from desensitization down there the feeling isn't the same sometimes I get hard and than the sensitivity dies out and I stop feeling anything almost as if my penis isn't even on my body the feeling g completely disappears than of course i go soft and it ruins the moment of anything if someone doesn't have a cure it's nice to know if I'm not alone and talk about it because I'm 27 years young and I want my damn lidido and my youth back. But I am also afraid I don't want to jeopardize my sobriety

Last edited by Stayingclean; 10-22-2016 at 01:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2017, 12:54 PM   #2
Dragonfly Wings
Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
Re: Suboxone and libido

Hey there Stayingclean how are you?

Unfortunately I have very similar issues. I could never have sex again and be quite happy which is terrible for my poor husband. We're lucky to once a fortnight and it's more me doing my wifely chores than any type of fun or intimacy for me. I don't feel anything from it. I'd much rather a snuggle and kiss in bed to be honest. I also understand he has needs though, so am pretty much in the same boat as you.

I am now half way down my original dosage and hoping to keep tapering until I'm off of it in the next 12 months if possible. If not, then we just have to keep on keeping on. It is better than me relapsing. That said, it does a number on my mental health.

I just have to keep reminding myself that this is only a couple years out of my life to make things better for the future for us all and it keeps me going strong and clean.

I hope this helps, even if just a little!
DW.

Reply Reply