It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Suboxone & Weight Gain???

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
Dragonfly Wings
Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
Suboxone & Weight Gain???

Heya All,

How are we? I was just wondering if anyone else has suffered significant weight gain since starting suboxone? I gained 40kg quite rapidly - within a couple months, that is near on impossible to shift I do have other health issues too but the weight piled on once I went to detox.

I'm down to almost half my original dosage now, but it has taken me about a year and a half to get here. I just can't wait to be done with suboxone all together!

I'd love to hear from others who have gained weight from this!

Many thanks!
K.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2017, 01:21 PM   #2
KatMUA
(female)

KatMUA HB User
Re: Suboxone & Weight Gain???

I have been taking Suboxone for about two years now maybe? I have not noticed weight gain but I have noticed severe constipation, which makes me bloated like crazy. I learned the hard way never to take a laxative with taking stool softener too!
Perhaps that may help your abdomen to reduce in size?
Also, I'm down to half my original dose as well. Do you plan to get off of it completely?

Old 02-13-2017, 12:25 PM   #3
Dragonfly Wings
Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
Re: Suboxone & Weight Gain???

Hey there, thanks so much for your reply. Sorry I am only just seeing it now for some reason!

I do find I get constipated easily and probably should include a stool softener in my daily routine would possibly be of benefit for me. I was doing this at detox and also once I came home from detox but managed to have stopped doing it somewhere along the line! Thank you for reminding me

I do plan to get off of it eventually all together. I have other health issues that need to be sorted first so they take precedent at the moment. Once my other health is sorted and stabilised we are going to start decreasing my dosage again - which I greatly look forward to

Thanks so much for your response!
K.

Reply Reply