It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

**Desperate** Clarification of Hair Follicle test results

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2017, 03:12 AM   #1
corie708
(female)

corie708 HB User
Unhappy **Desperate** Clarification of Hair Follicle test results

**HELP** I am desperate for someone to be able to assist me in clarifying a Ritalin hair follicle test conducted on my hair.
My hair was sent off to a laboratory in France as no-one in my country tests for Ritalin or does hair follicle testing, hence I cannot get any assistance or explanation on the results (this was a personal test not work related).

Because of what the results returned, I have now been accused of having a secret drug addiction which has, and is ruining my life and I am absolutely distraught and devastated.

My hair was broken down into month by month sections, i.e. 0-1cm for one month, 1-2cm for the second month and 2-3cm for the 3rd month.

The results returned readings of 3, 5 and 8pg/mg respectively The cut off levels for the test were 2 LOQ.

I did in fact take some Ritalin ONCE ONLY during this 3 month period, I have not disputed this, so am seeking advice on why the Ritalin would continue to show up in the remaining 2 months if I only took it once?

I am also seeking advice on what the cut off 2 LOQ actually means, and what level of use it would indicate, as well as what level of use the 3, 5 and 8 pg/mg would indicate? i.e. would it be reflective of only taking Ritalin once?

I am absolutely devastated and as no-one in my country can decipher or comment on the results, I have no counter explanation and no where to turn for further information and I am now being labelled as having a drug problem.

I cannot even contact the lab in France to clarify what the results mean for my own hair as the test was not ordered by me.

I spoke to my GP in the hope should could help. She does not know of anyone in my country who could assist but did say she would never make that conclusion based on the tests. She said there are many factors that can give a false positive or incorrect reading and the following should be taken into consideration:

a) Does Quetiapine share any of the same drug compounds as Ritalin? (This is my regular medication)
b) Has the testing taken into account the sensitivity and specificity?
c) Has the testing taken into account a persons body weight? (I am 45 kgs)
d) Has the testing taken into account a persons metabolic rate?
e) Has the testing taken into account that the Ritalin was a slow release type?

Please, please, please if you can offer any advice, answers to my questions or explanation as to why it is present for 3 months when I had it once, and what the levels indicate, or tell me what kind of professional can read my test result, it would change my life and allow me to clear my name of this appalling accusation.
Thank you and kind regards

Last edited by Administrator; 05-27-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply