It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Suboxone and Water Retention

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-08-2017, 08:17 PM   #1
    Persephone3
    (female)

Persephone3 HB User
    Suboxone and Water Retention

I recently started suboxone after 6 months on vivitrol - it was not a decision made lightly and I am in IOP 4 days a week /-- the vivitrol was not reducing my cravings. I used for 10 years and I am currently 34.

I have also been on Wellbutrin and Celexa the past year. I am 9 months sober and in that 9 months I have gained a lot of weight - part of it was being in jail and halfway houses and I think I have just been eating more and I was not eating much at all in active addiction(heroin) ... well I started taking the suboxone 8MGs a day - 4 in AM and 4 in PM... and after a week I noticed my feet had severe edema ... swollen, hard to walk and just look puffy. My arms are also swollen and it feels like other parts of my body too. I am about 12 days in and The only
    Other difference is that I had dental surgery 2 weeks ago and have been managing pain with Advil, Tylenol and aspirin -// mostly Advil for tooth pain.

I am also 5'4" and weigh around 200 pounds (I gained 50 pounds since I got sober.)

I saw my PA on Friday quickly and she talked to the doc via the phone she said she hasn't seen it before but that it was pretty bad and they instructed me to keep my feet elevated and to drink water until Monday when I can get blood work done. THey were thinking about prescribing something to help reduce fluid retention. I see my doctor Thursday but I am trying to understand what is going on so that I can properly advocate for myself. I am insecure about my weight and this is a really strange side effect - I had taken it in the past here and there and never had a side effect. This is my first time with a prescription.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply