It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Husband is an alcoholic

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-03-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
    MPA26
    (female)

MPA26 HB User
    Husband is an alcoholic

I am looking for some advice. My husband has developed into a pretty bad alcoholic. He drinks to where he passes out. He has passed out and injured himself and he has also passed out on the couch multiple times with the doors unlocked and the oven on. He lies about the drinking and hides his alcohol all over the house and even denies that it is his when I find it even though its only us and our 2 kids in the house. I cant leave him because I cant leave him alone with my kids at night and in the state I live they give divorced parents 50/50 unless there is documented proof that one parent isnt fit which there isnt since he has never been in trouble with the law because of the drinking. I'm afraid if my kids are left alone with him at night he would burn the house down or leave the door open for someone to come in. I feel like I need to be there to protect them but I'm miserable. I've tried to talk to him about it but of course he just humors me and says he is going to stop and then does it anyway. I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any experience with this that they can share with me? I dont know what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2018, 06:32 PM   #2
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: Husband is an alcoholic

Find and go to an Alanon meeting. (Enquire via Alcoholics Anonymous). These are for people dealing with their partners' and relatives' alcoholism. Best place for advice, feedback and sharing. It will be the start you need. Cheers, Sera

Last edited by Seraph; 01-03-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Reply Reply