It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-20-2020, 04:50 PM   #1
    dwo2016
    (male)

dwo2016 HB User

Hello, i am a new member here. I had been posting to another board for a while and when i tried to log on today it kept linking me to this site. I have been reading over some of the posts here and think i will like going back and forth discussing issues with other members. I have a history with pain meds.....broke my back in a four wheeler accident and was prescribed painkillers for about 5 years. When i started to realize (well i had realized way before this but) i called my doctor and told him i wanted to get off. He said ok and didn't offer to taper or inform me of how to go about it, he just cut me off. Well, the next week was hell and I turned to the streets for help. I used for many more years until i finally found subuxone. It was a lifesaver for me and has enabled me to start to think clearly and focus on getting back on track. I have since switched to zubsolve for insurance reasons but both of these medications seem to work the same. I think back and wish that i would have been informed early on about the risk and been warned about how addiction can occur. No counsel was given until i realized on my own...then it was too late. I hear the same story over and over and it can happen and does happen to anyone. I see now that lawsuits are being brought upon the pharmaceutical industry for negligence knowing that this was the overall outcome but it is too little too late in my opinion. I know that now it is much more controlled and stressed to the patients about the risks involved. Prescriptions are kept short term and its having an effect. Many lives have been thrown off course from what would have been a much different path (mine included)!!! I was not innocent in the whole ordeal, especially later into this whole deal, but going in this so naive from the beginning without being warned definitely didn't help. I was in my early 20's when i broke my back and didnt think it would ever be a problem, but years later here i am. I am glad to be a part of this site and look forward to speaking to you guys! take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply