It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Alcohol withdrawal symptoms

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-27-2020, 02:54 AM   #1
    prendi1
    (female)

prendi1 HB User
    Unhappy Alcohol withdrawal symptoms

Hi
    I used to drink 2 small glasses of red wine each night,for quite a few years.Recently I was on co codamol tablets for bursitis so I didnít have a drink for about 6 days as it would interfere with the tablets.I got up and was shaking really bad,I thought if I let go I will have a fit or worse.My heart was racing too,I ended up going to the ER as I was so scared.They did blood tests and an ecg,all came back fine.the doctor diagnosed me as having essential tremor,and I forgot in my panic to mention I hadnít had a drink for a while.I was reading about tremors and realised what mine was.It stated that to calm the tremors a little alcohol would stop them,so I tried some wine and BINGO the shaking stopped.I couldnít believe that I was addicted after 2 glasses of wine per night!! I was also having very strange thoughts and dreams too.I am slowly weaning off it now and the tremors seem to have gone thank God.Just wondering if anyone else had these symptoms and have got through it.TIA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply