It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Taking Suboxone to wean off of Oxycodone

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-24-2021, 05:32 PM   #1
    BrittleBones
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User
    Taking Suboxone to wean off of Oxycodone

I don't see any current messages on the Addiction and Recovery board. Perhaps there is something wrong with my browser, but the most recent post is from 2019! It used to be a very active board. I'm trying to get feed back from folks who switched from oxycodone to suboxone to 1) get off the roller-coaster of oxy and I was on 900 mg. morphine-equivalent dose of oxycodone daily for more than 2 years. I stopped taking the oxycodone in July of 2020 and started taking 16 mg of Suboxone a day, then went down to 8 mg. per day and now I'm on 4 mg per day. I'd like to go down to the next lower dose (2 mg) but I'm afraid my chronic pain will get worse and that I'll feel the effects of withdrawal. Has anybody gotten off the Suboxone completely and continued their life without any kind of opioid pain medication? Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply