It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Help With Quitting Hydrocodone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-20-2003, 02:29 PM   #106
    Autumn Angel
    Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
    Hey Root I just got back from vacation and I see you are doing very well I am proud of you. I did my 10 day detox while I was on vacation it keeps my tolerance level down so I dont have to increase my meds. Anyway its nice to be back I missed all of you my family . Take care and God Bless.
    Autumn.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2003, 12:16 AM   #107
    Root
    Veteran

Root HB User
    Wow, I have so many people to say Hi to that I'll just say Hi to every one and thank you all for writing me here and giving me some of your energy so I can get through this thing. It makes me feel so good when I read all of your nice thoughts and that you pray for me and send me energy because I know that I could not and can not do this without all of you. If I think about taking an extra pill I think about all of you and how I would let you all down when you take so much time to write and say things that make me want to keep on.

Mesa I hope you learn a lot of reading stuff on this board and maybe especially from me. I'm not very smart but I learned a lot here and I am learning how to let go of these awful pills real slow. You started about the same way I did and then I kept taking more and more till I was up to 40 pills every day. Some days I got sick just like you did and I know it was because of the Tylenol so I'd cut down for a while and then go right back to it. If you can stop now you will be saving your self from a lot of grief, believe me. I wish I had never taken even one of these because now I have to really work hard every day to stay on my taper. I tried to do a cold turkey once and I really thought I was going to die so this taper is working for me so far but it is slow going when you have been taking as many pills as I have been taking. I feel a lot of shame because I think I could have known better but the dope knew my name and I answered the phone--if you know what I mean. My doctor told me it is really easy to kill your self on these pills or to really damage your liver so you have to make a choice of whether you want to keep on taking them or die. That is the way I see it but maybe some of the smarter people here see it different. Some of them take some kind of drug to help them but I know in my heart that is not the answer for me so I am choosing to do a taper and it is not easy. I am sticking to my guns though and you can do that or cold turkey or what ever if you really want to stop.

So now I have to tell all of my friends here that I wasn't telling the whole truth and I feel very bad about it. I think it was around four or five weeks ago that Phil first gave me a list and I started to do it and then I just went crazy and I started taking way too many pills every day again. I figured it out and I was really taking around 35 hydros every day. I was afraid to tell you because I thought you all might get mad and I wanted you to stay and be my friends. But the true part is that I did go to my doctor and I did tell him the honest part that I was taking 35 pills every day. He told me to taper 3 pills every week and I am really being honest when I say I have really been doing this and no cheating either. So now this week I am taking 26 pills every day. I know this is a awful thing but I am doing the taper of 3 pills every week but this is still so many and I have still a long way to go. But I am really keeping my eye on where I want to be and even though it will take me a long time I know I can do this because I really have cut out 3 pills every week for the last 3 weeks. This means I am now taking 9 pills less each day then when I started my taper. I hope you all can find a place in your hearts to let me off the hook for not being as honest as I should be. I won't tell any more lies and I will really keep on my list to taper unless the doctor changes it.

So thank you every one who wrote like Jerri and Autumn and Mesa and chi and all the others I can't remember every one. You can see that I really need all the energy you can send me and prayers too if you believe in those. Mesa I hope you will stop taking the hydros now before you end up like me and then lying about how many I am taking. You are all very special to me and I hold you all very strong in my heart. I hope you stay my friends and keep sending me help. Hi Svenska. I hope I didn't make things worse for you because I wasn't honest about how much dope I was taking.

Old 08-21-2003, 04:44 AM   #108
    chigyrl13

chigyrl13 HB User
    Wink

root, it's ok it's part of addiction to me it's not a lie it's hard to explain look at me i can't even bring myself to tell my husband about my addiction......what is important is that you are trying to get off these devil pills like many of us.......it's not the amount you tell us it's what you know you are doing that counts.....hope this helps .also no one can judge you your trying that's all.....peace
    chi

Old 08-21-2003, 04:54 AM   #109
    chigyrl13

chigyrl13 HB User
    Wink

root,don't feel bad it's just part of addiction look at me i can't even tell my husband..all that counts is your trying to get off these devil pills....no one should judge you..you just keep trying that's all any of us can do......we all tell little lies at times and when we feel we can tell the the truth we do it's ok...just keep trying the best you can..peace
    chi

Old 08-21-2003, 04:57 AM   #110
    chigyrl13

chigyrl13 HB User
    Wink

root,it's just part of addiction look at me i can't even tell my husband about my addiction....just be truthful with yourself...don't let anyone judge additcs tell little lies cause we are afraid...just try your best to get off these damm pills..peace
    chi

Old 08-21-2003, 07:04 AM   #111
    Jeffie010603

Jeffie010603 HB User
    Root, I can't believe that your doctor APPROVED of your taking at least TWICE the maximum dose of tylenol that are in those pills a day! I'm not saying you're lying about that, I'm just saying, "THAT'S CRAZY!" You are now taking a little over the amount that I had gotten to when I went to the suboxone. I wish you'd consider that, and tapering off that instead. I don't know about you, but every day for me was like, "Is this the day I die?" You're already looking at a LOOOOONG time tapering off something--why not get on something that's safe?? AND you won't be tempted to cheat, like I'm SURE YOU WILL, especially when you start getting closer to the fifteen/day mark... Root, this is madness. I'm sorry, but I cannot congratulate you on a plan that is going to have you taking so much tylenol for so long, and I'm baffled beyond belief that any doctor would approve that. Please understand I am not judging you--only calling it like I see it, hopefully for your benefit.

Old 08-21-2003, 01:18 PM   #112
    Jeffie010603

Jeffie010603 HB User
    Root, about your being "under a doctor's care," with your tapering schedule as Svenska just alluded to: I'm curious: so does that mean that this doctor actually writes you a script every week for 182 pills? Or when he told you to cut down by three from 35 a week, was it this same doctor who rx'd you 224 pills for THAT FOLLOWING WEEK (32 X 7 days)? Because I got to thinking about Svenska's defending you, and just wondered how that actually works...

Closed Thread