It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• How much Darvocet is too much?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-25-2003, 05:53 PM   #1
    FullCircle08
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

FullCircle08 HB User
    Post How much Darvocet is too much?

How much Darvocet does it take to get the same feel as 20 mgs of Vicodin? The pills my buddy has are pink ( ithink they are 100/650) Im worried about him taking too much of these at once --I told him that he wont get the same feel as 20mgs of vicodin --am I right?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2003, 06:05 PM   #2
    4mygirls3

4mygirls3 HB User
    In my opinion you can take darvocet till the cows come home and it wont feel like a codone.
    I think it has something to do with the opiate receptors it triggers but I don't know. If your taking them to ease withdraw I would say that 2 100 mgs are enough but it depends on how much you were taking.
    Just my thougts
    Teresa

Old 08-25-2003, 06:18 PM   #3
    chefob1
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chefob1 HB User
    two totally different narcotics....other poster is correct...propoxaphene hydrochloride is equal to about 1/3 of opiates...but has different pharmoco actions..if you are not prescribed it, i wouldnt take it........the chef...

Old 08-25-2003, 06:21 PM   #4
    FullCircle08
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

FullCircle08 HB User
    ok --well now the question has turned to codeine --can you take 120mg of codeine for the opiate effect?

Old 08-25-2003, 06:37 PM   #5
    SBacialli
    Inactive

SBacialli HB User
    Hi,
    Are you asking for yourself or a friend?

I've been addicted to both. Altho darvocets are much weaker than percocets, it is just as addictive. I was taking 15-20 darvocet per day and I had a rough withdrawal tryng to stop darvocet.

I found that the 'feelings' were also different. Not the same kind of "high" - just different - as Chef said, the drugs are different in their chemical structure, although they are both opiates. Darvocet is chemically related to Methadone.

I used to feel a certain high from taking just 2 darvocets, but not the same feeling as with other things...just different. Not many people choose darvocet as their drug of choice. I did, for awhile.

Sue

Old 08-25-2003, 06:38 PM   #6
    eeyore714

eeyore714 HB User
    Could you give us some background on why you have posed the question? Are you/your friend attempting to detox, or control pain?

to be honest, it sounds like you/your friend is attempting to get a buzz, high, whatever.
    If someone is an addict and has been taking vicodin in the amount of 20 pills at a time, in my experience neither darvocet nor codeine are going to compare.

However, if someone is attempting to come off of taking vicodin, small amounts of darvocet or codiene might be helpful in detoxing.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:40 PM   #7
    eeyore714

eeyore714 HB User
    opps, I misread 20mgs to 20 pills. Obviously there's a big difference, but my original question still remains.

Old 08-25-2003, 07:09 PM   #8
    Hopefortoday
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hopefortoday HB User
    To answer your question, too much is taking more than prescribed by one doctor.

Old 08-25-2003, 08:05 PM   #9
    FullCircle08
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

FullCircle08 HB User
    yes I do have a problem and am currently trying to get off OxyC -im trying to cut it cold turkey, and its a little hard --the Darvocet and codeine help a little,

Old 08-25-2003, 08:27 PM   #10
    rlcowboy
    Veteran

rlcowboy HB User
    Exclamation

Yea, I agree, it sounds like you ran out of vicoden and now have darvocet but still want to get the same high, or buzz, cause that what you asked, how many to get the same FEELING, you are asking for serious trouble taking alot of darvocet, it will really hurt you and your friend!! You need to take what your doctor has prescribed and DO NOT SHARE with friends http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

Old 08-25-2003, 09:01 PM   #11
    FullCircle08
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

FullCircle08 HB User
    thanks for the advice --i think the best thing to do is throw them do the JOHN!

Old 08-25-2003, 10:31 PM   #12
    rlcowboy
    Veteran

rlcowboy HB User
    Hey, I just read your post again and a few things got me thinking. I didnt pick up on it the first time that the pills are your friend's and not yours . I found this site (addiction/recovery board) after I had back surgery and I thought I was addicted to the pain pills and was looking for some answers. Well what I found was a group of wonderful folks that have been down the hard road and offer thier non-judgmental support. I did'nt read anything in your post about wanting to stop the pills or getting some help I just want you to know that when you are ready to stop or get help that you can come here and we will support you, no matter what, cause I know its tuff to find someone that understands and has been there, but there is one guy on here named Phil that I would encourage you to talk to, because he is a success story all the way and loves helping others in your shoes, he is very, very knowledgeable http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/grad.gif and cares http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif Also there is a couple of great ladys,Autumn Angel and Okieatheart both are wonderful and can give you solid advice! So please dont be taking your friend's pain pills and please let us know when you are ready to make a change and you will find out how great these folks really are http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

Old 08-25-2003, 10:52 PM   #13
    Autumn Angel
    Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
    Depends what you mean by "feel" you mean "buzz" or "pain relief"? I am not familar at all with darvon or darvocet sorry. But what I have heard from others is they are like candy when taken for pain and they help a little with WD from heavier Opaites. Sorry I couldnt be of more help your idea of them landing in the "john" is a good one.
    Autumn.

Old 08-25-2003, 11:37 PM   #14
    chefob1
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chefob1 HB User
    bro...i read your first thread and replied...now i read your third thread and see that you have an oxy problem...around here on this board there are alot of good folks that can give you great support and guidance but if your not open/honest about your addiction up front,we cant help ya properly....i used oxy's excessively also along with other opiates...since 1984...what questions do you need help with,again?,,,,,,,,,,,chef

Old 08-25-2003, 11:41 PM   #15
    chefob1
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chefob1 HB User
    ps....120g of codeine is not good...thats alot of pills dude...i would not recommend a quantity like that...are you sure you know what you are talking about as far as quantity?

Closed Thread