It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Meth user everyday for years

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2003, 09:11 PM   #1
    athiena35

athiena35 HB User
    Cool Meth user everyday for years

Hi I been doing Meth a couple times a day for about 20 years. I don't realy get buzzed on it anymore I do it to feel normal and not be totaly burnt out. So I just wonder if anyone knows if I am going to drop dead one day from this have a heart attack or what? Any feedback or storys would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 09:24 PM   #2
    toughtime
    Inactive
    (female)

toughtime HB User
    Hi,
    I don't mean to sound harsh, but yes, you will drop dead and sooner than later. Meth is the worst possible drug you could put in your body. Please try to get some help.

Old 10-14-2003, 09:56 PM   #3
    Julie29
    Inactive

Julie29 HB User
    I don't know much about meth but there are a few good posters here that do! One of the is CHEF send a post to him and he will surely tell you all he knows about it! good luck, Julie

Old 10-15-2003, 05:56 AM   #4
    lane7eir
    Veteran
    (female)

lane7eir HB User
    are you talking about methadone or methamphetamine?

Old 10-15-2003, 09:53 PM   #5
    bunnypooo
    Inactive

bunnypooo HB User
    i assume you are aware of the ingredients used to make meth, right? that enough tells you that it can and possibly will kill you. quit now if you can, if not get help, because you do it twice a day, and dont get me wrong, thats bad, but you could be doing it 10 times a day. what im trying to say is, get help now, because if you dont, eventually it will be 3 times a day and so on and so on, till your body can take it any more. its really an ugly drug and its highly addictive, so please get help.

Old 10-15-2003, 11:09 PM   #6
    KCole

KCole HB User
    If you are talking about crystal meth then do an internet search, you will pull up thousands of sites. Read them all, especially the ones where there are letters from CM addicts. As the other person responded, are you aware of what crystal meth is made from? If you are aware then don't you ever wonder if the "cook" of the batch you just got is a good batch as in...hope the cook hasn't been tweaking for 10 or 12 days when he decided to whip up this batch. I've seen the nasty outcome of that happening.

As for your heart just stopping...Yes it can but the real permanant damage is what you are doing to your brain! REAL PERMANANT DAMAGE THAT CAN'T COME BACK!
    If you stop crystal then your heart can mend but not all of your brain, to an extent it will heal some but it is PROVEN the brain damamge is real and there.

When you say you are using it 3 times a day...are you mainlining it 3x a day or doing ice or smoking it or snorting it? There is damage to be done by all of the ways but by far the worst is injecting it.

I know from first hand experience what this NASTY and unforgiving drug can do to the person using and to the people around them. I've done crystal several times, knew the cook who was BIG TIME ADDICTED for 24 yrs, he is now 43 and in prison. He injected many times a day every day. He is not the same person I first knew and has hurt sooooooo many people around him and the hurting is still going on. Of course when he got caught he had to go cold turkey. The thing with CM though is you don't get the same kind of physical wd's that you do with other drugs which is a good thing. The down side is the SEVERE depression which stays with that person because that is part of the brain that CM destroys.

I highly recommend you do a Yahoo Search on Crystal and plan to spend many hours of research. You will find out by far more than anything you will find here. You will find the emotional support here but not the true knowledge you need to have on it.

Best of Luck to you!

Old 10-16-2003, 06:29 AM   #7
    Monday1954
    Senior Veteran

Monday1954 HB User
    Crystal Meth is really popular around here, everyday there is an article in the paper about another meth lab being raided. It has become illegal to sell large quanities of Red ***** Lye and anti-freeze, store owners have even been arrested.

One place close to us is called Meth Mountain, a sad name for a beautiful place. Crystal Meth has been called the poor mans cocaine, and is supposed to be very hard to quit.

I think I have mentioned before that I work with daycares in several counties, in two of these counties there are numerous children that have been removed from their homes due to the parents meth use. Many of these children have developmental problems due to the mother using while pregnant. Each day their number grows, there is not one place I visit that does not have at least 1 child that has been removed, some have several.

The articles I read scare me to death, there is permanent brain damage. If you are doing Crystal Meth please seek help as soon as you can.

Old 10-16-2003, 06:44 AM   #8
    sweetpoison68
    Inactive

sweetpoison68 HB User
    I just wanted to comment on this post.I have never touched the stuff and never want to!!!!I work with a young man 22 that was once in the tight arms of addiction with this drug!!The stories he tells are at times unbeleieveable but i know him very well and i know he speaks the truth.He has not touched meth in 3 yrs and swears he will never again!!! He has told me his brain will never be the same!!!Something changes and you cant get it back!!!!!He has bouts of depression sometimes he just cant shake..ETC..Please if this poster is still reading.... Let us know even if you arent gonna stop today..Someone may need to hear what your living through right now and eventually maybe you can also be helped here.I know i have been helped tremendously!!!Always pray for the sick and suffering..
    SP68

Old 10-16-2003, 07:08 AM   #9
    Belle45

Question

Just thinking about you and wondering if you'll let us know what's up.

Take Care!

Old 10-18-2003, 02:38 AM   #10
    brainfog
    Inactive

brainfog HB User
    Doing methampethamine everyday in order to "feel normal" is a classic case of self medicating for an undiagnosed case of AD/HD (attention deficit disorder with or without hyperactivity). Many addicts from alcoholics to meth addicts have this disorder as their primary problem and have not known it their entire life.

AD/HD is not just a childhood disorder. You probably have had AD/HD genetically your entire life and instead of getting help and proper therapeutic stimulant treatment you are self medicating with an unregulated, potentially toxic drug. You may be doing damage by taking an overstimulating amount.

I suggest you look up "brainplace" online and take an AD/HD test, print it out, and MAKE AN APPT, with a psychiatrist who specializes in treating AD/HD. Buy the book driven to distraction by "Edward Hallowell" and "Healing ADD" by Daniel Amen MD.

If this is the reason you are using meth because of the AD/HD (which I bet), it will change your life completely. Don't put it off any longer. Trust me.

Old 10-20-2003, 02:39 PM   #11
    athiena35

athiena35 HB User
    Smile

Thank you all for your help it made me feel really good. To answer the question I snort it ocassionaly smoke it would never shoot it. Brainplace I will go to that site and take that test but I don't think I have AD/HD but thats interesting. Sweetpoison one thing I have noticed is my lack of retaining information. I use to debate things with people when I felt I new something about it, but now I don't because I can hardly recall the facts I thought I knew. I keep planning on cutting back but that never seems to happen maybe I have to do it cold turkey because Im lacking self disapline and most people I no do it so there no help and Im no help to them. Thanks again any more replies would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-20-2003, 05:37 PM   #12
    Belle45

Athiena35,
    I'm so glad you came back. I kind of worried that you may not. The post from "kcole" is mine. For some unknown reason I was not able to log in under my name that day and patience is not one of my better virtues so did not want to wait and see when I could post under my original sign in name.

I would very much like to talk more with you about your meth use. I wish there was someway that I could give you my email address but I know I can't post it here. The original reason I found this site was because I was desperatly seeking to talk with someone on a one on one basis about Meth addiction, long term use, etc...
    I would also like to find someone who was once heavily addicted to Meth but now clean, that would be my greatest help so that I could find out how it's affected them in the long run and what their thought process is now.
    I have done countless hours upon hours of research and feel I could write a book on it now; but that is not the same as finding someone and getting their personal experience and having specific questions answered.

I am trying to understand my "friend" but it is so very, very hard. He has lied so much that I don't think he even knows how to tell the truth even after being clean for 21 months. What is sad is I honestly don't believe he will stay clean when he returns to the real world. (he is in a prison work release program) He is one confused person!

The one and only time in 21 months that he was able to have a 30 hour furlough at his mothers house I went and saw him. It was sad to see how withdrawn from the world he was. He honestly did not know how to act. For 23 years his only life was severe CM addiction (injecting). He was also still MAJOR paranoid which in turn made me major paranoid. Jeez, I could go on and on about that but I'm rambling now.

Like I mentioned in my other post under kcole, I have done CM on several occasions with the last time 2 years ago. He was the one who introduced me to it. I only ever snorted or smoked it (I said that like I was trying to justify my use or make it "better" like that makes a big difference - huh?) Doesn't matter how you do it...a drug is a drug.

Sorry that this has gotten off subject. I'm sure you can tell that this particular subject holds a lot of pain for me. All I know is it has caused me so much grief and changed a few things about my life that will never get back to "normal"...if I could help just one person stay away from the evils of that drug then maybe...just maybe some of the sh*t I've seen or gone through would make me feel better.

Just as anyone else on this addiction board will tell you...if you are really serious about getting clean then you will have no choice but to disassociate yourself from your now "friends."
    Sorry if I made a rash assumption of you wanting to stop using. You didn't really say that in your first post, you only asked if your heart would stop beating one day. Do you want to stop Athiena?

I don't mean to scare you but then again yes I do...
    you mentioned in your last post that you already noticed your thought processes are not the same...
    That's because your brain is dying!
    If you have done any research on this drug then you already knew that plus you already know that you have damaged brain cells that won't ever become undamaged.

I hope you continue to come back.
    Take Care,
    Belle

Old 10-23-2003, 12:01 AM   #13
    athiena35

athiena35 HB User
    Hi Belle45 I would be happy to chit chat with you about my situation with meth. You said you wanted to also like to talk with someone who successfuly quit, It made me stop and think about who I knew who fit that profile. (Because I come from a town where it is very popularand common)And Guess what out of all of them I can't realy think of anyone. I think it is alot worse shotting it then snorting it. I mean that is just so ugly to me slamming it I just have a thing about that. My EX boyfriend of 10 yrs. started doing that the last 2 yrs we were together. He started being physicaly abusive but in a weird way, it made him realy horney but then he would have trouble getting it up. So he thought I was messing with him just to make him made If we were doing it doggiestyle I was crooked if I was giving him oral I was blowing on it or makeing faces at him Once he grab my hair and a pair of sizors and said do it right, but apperantly I still did it wrong because he cut a hunk out of my hair. I would be balling my eyes out but we weren't stopping till he got his orgasm. So one morning we woke up and he told me to go get some fast food for breakfast so I left and never came back. He actually went to rehab and did quit for a while but now he dose it occasionaly but has a good job and has made some big improvement from what I see from afar He calls me sometimes wanting me back so bad because he say's "Im the only one who satisfies him in bed."
    Weird huh. Well enough for now write back.

Old 02-25-2004, 09:42 AM   #14
    xyloSG

xyloSG HB User
    Re: Meth user everyday for years

The ingredients to make methamphetamine, in the end, equal methamphetamine, you do not end up ingesting draino, battery acid, red phosphorous, etc because there are reactions that happen in the methamphetamine development process that change the chemical structures into...methamphetamine. Any cut, is just that, a product such as crushed pills, inositol, baby powder, etc to make it look like your getting more product.

I admit, if the dealer made it wrong (this is true for crank which is the powder form of meth, so try to get glass and not worry about this) there can be iodine, copper, sulfur, etc. But there will be a distinct color to the powder anyway.

The harm with methamphetamine is its powerful stimulant ability (the stresses on your blood vessels and heart), psychosis (from staying up for too long of a period of time, its really just sleep deprivation caused by meth/amphetamine), and its dopamine/epinephrine degeneration role. It damages your dopamine and epinephrine systems over time, some long term users can not even put on their own shoes anymore do to the extensive damage of their methamphetamine usage. It has been reported that the dopamine/epinephrine dendrites grow back over time, but not correctly/optimally, and only very limited function can be expected which can take 7 years give or take some.

Ive known someone who has went to NA and seen that happen to a methhead (couldnt walk, motivation was REAL low, couldnt tie shoes, etc, ended up shooting herself in the head with a shotgun, effectively blowing her brains all over her walls and ceiling) so its not just propaganda ********, its very real and can happen to you eventually. I would quit meth and smoke weed, drink, even snort coke, if I were you. I know its best to quit altogether, and also know how hard it is to switch lifestyles like that.

Yes, its possible the next time you ingest meth you could have an aneurism that was building up and waiting to explode from continued use of methamphetamine. You may have heart damages to the valves or other areas, or developed an arrythmia.

Taper yourself off it though. Theres a plant called ibogaine that you can mail order into the US (its illegal) but there have been some recent studies showing it has diminished drug cravings of different sorts in subjects. Here is the link.

Link was removed by ModWatch. Please ask for approval before posting url's. Thank you.

Last edited by ModWatch; 02-26-2004 at 03:31 AM.

Old 02-25-2004, 06:16 PM   #15
    Karla
    Inactive

Karla HB User
    Re: Meth user everyday for years

I used meth every day for several years. I finally quit after I overdosed on it. That scared me really bad. I decided to go to college and get a degree so I could get a good paying job. To my suprise I was getting F's on all my tests. I would read the questions but I just couldn't process what they were asking me. My teacher was like you pay attention in class, you do your homework, I believe you know what you are doing. Why are you failing your tests? The school allowed me to take my tests in the library and have someone read the test questions outloud to me. I started getting A's. I never had this problem in high school or the two years of college right after high school. The only thing I can attribute it to is meth. It had to have caused brain damage. I have had major problems with depression since and I never had mental health issues before my meth use. It has now been 16 years since I touched meth. I have gone back to school to take additional classes since I am into computers. I don't have the problems I had years ago processing things. It seems over time my brain has healed. I am still slow to get things but I do get them. I would quit using asap and start the road to healing. The sooner the better.

Closed Thread