It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• my codeine phosphate addiction problem..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-28-2003, 03:53 AM   #1
    ctg
    (male)

ctg HB User
    my codeine phosphate addiction problem..

Well here we go..

from the start..

ohhhhhhhhh well...... about 3 1/2 years ago i had a bad back.

So i took 2 tylex tablets (500 paracetamol / 30 codeine)

This helped my back great but the next day i had a bad back again.so another 2 tablets.

Until the next week i then took 3 tablets as it also gave me that feeling of well being etc etc.
    so as you can imagine i would say over the next 9 or 10 months i progressed up to taking up to 9 or 10 in a day.
    Then my next door neighbor was taking codeine for his back too and said "here take some of these". they were just codeine phosphate tablets.
    They did just the same job but without the paracetamol.
    So i decided to go to the doctors myself and say i had a bad back etc etc, and to my suprise i was given 200 30mg tablets / month.
    I didnt tell next door so i still got about 100 off him every month.
    So the next 1 1/2 years i went from taking 8 - 10 tablets a day up to 20 to 28 a day just to get that feeling of well being.

Until one day i got my prescription refused as i went back too early.This gave me the hump and went to a different doctor.I did actualy get another doctor in about 5 days and he gave me the codeine but wanted to get my records first from the previous doctors.I had to make some story up as why i changed.
    so one more of my friends were taking the codeine too and again i asked if i could have some off him , and he gave me 1/2 of his / month

So the last year i started taking 20 to 28 and yes i did get some nice feeling out of it but the last 2 months was my limit.
    i went 3 days with none and realy wanted to top myself, i was ok when i got the codeine but that told me that i had to stop this silly little habbit i had developed.
    So i asked the doc for some help,I refered myself to the drug and alcahol team over in the hospital over the road from me for some help.
    At this time i was taking anything between 28 up to 40 30mg tablets a day.
    This is day 5 for me on the suboxone and i must say i feel ****** but it's better than the feeling when i had none.
    The results for my blood test about my liver came back ok ish but the results were a little on the high side as my liver was working overtime in repairing itself.
    I think it's a good time to stop this little habbit i have bofore i realy do any damage to myself.

I have read lots of posts here but everyones different.

IS anyone here had or done anything like i have and what happens next etc

Or can anyone give me some advice on anything that might help me.

Now to the scary part.they gave me a drugs test and i had to go over and get the results, and they showed me that it came back possitive for heroin / morphine.
    I absolutly ****** my pants.
    I have never taken heroin or morphine before.
    But i do remember reading a bit of a post some weeks ago where by something like the boddy once addicted to codeine could convert a small % of the codeine to morphine.
    This is a post i am trying to find as to show the drugs team this information as if the next drugs test shows possitive they have said i will be remeved from there programm.
    PLEASE PLEASE can someone find this bit of post for me as i cant find it

i have tried doing a search like "convert to morphine" or "convert codeine" etc etc but the search i try dosent let me do it.

Is there any other way to do this.

Cheers

dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2003, 06:57 AM   #2
    sadsister
    Inactive

sadsister HB User
    Re: my codeine phosphate addiction problem..

Dave-
    When did you take the codeine in relation to your test?Were you denied the suboxone?
    You should be feeling better on the subox by now.I think it took about 5 days or so coming off a huge opiate habit.
    Yes better to stop your habit now before you graduate to harder stuff.
    I do believe codiene is differant from morphine..but when in the body may convert to morphine..im not sure i thought they were differant structurally.(sp)
    Thats stange that it came up on your test like that.
    Maybe there was some residual drugs stored in your fat cells..i dont know.
    But im sending you good wishes that you feel better and welcome to this board.
    I come every day to read/write/listen..there are some really great helpful and kind people who visit here..Good place to get info!
    Peace
    Heather

Old 11-28-2003, 08:48 AM   #3
    ctg
    (male)

ctg HB User

Hi heather.

Yes i do feel a bit better. well a little anyway.

just a few things. NO i wasnt denied the suboxone just they took another mouth swab and going to take that for test again.

I am getting sundays supply to take home on the saturday as well as getting my 8 mg of suboxone there and then.

I have to go back on monday morning at 11 to get the results of this new test.

i will let you know the result when i get it.

Thanx for listeneing.
    dave

Old 11-29-2003, 11:00 AM   #4
    pez333

pez333 HB User

Hey Dave,
    About 10% of codeine is converted by the body into morphine, hence why your tests came up the way they did. If you need to show the info. to someone any decent pharmacology text book should be able tell you about it. Take care
    Blessings
    Pez

Then my next door neighbor was taking codeine for his back too and said "here take some of these". they were just codeine phosphate tablets.
    They did just the same job but without the paracetamol.
    So i decided to go to the doctors myself and say i had a bad back etc etc, and to my suprise i was given 200 30mg tablets / month.
    I didnt tell next door so i still got about 100 off him every month.
    So the next 1 1/2 years i went from taking 8 - 10 tablets a day up to 20 to 28 a day just to get that feeling of well being.

Until one day i got my prescription refused as i went back too early.This gave me the hump and went to a different doctor.I did actualy get another doctor in about 5 days and he gave me the codeine but wanted to get my records first from the previous doctors.I had to make some story up as why i changed.
    so one more of my friends were taking the codeine too and again i asked if i could have some off him , and he gave me 1/2 of his / month

So the last year i started taking 20 to 28 and yes i did get some nice feeling out of it but the last 2 months was my limit.
    i went 3 days with none and realy wanted to top myself, i was ok when i got the codeine but that told me that i had to stop this silly little habbit i had developed.
    So i asked the doc for some help,I refered myself to the drug and alcahol team over in the hospital over the road from me for some help.
    At this time i was taking anything between 28 up to 40 30mg tablets a day.
    This is day 5 for me on the suboxone and i must say i feel ****** but it's better than the feeling when i had none.
    The results for my blood test about my liver came back ok ish but the results were a little on the high side as my liver was working overtime in repairing itself.
    I think it's a good time to stop this little habbit i have bofore i realy do any damage to myself.

I have read lots of posts here but everyones different.

IS anyone here had or done anything like i have and what happens next etc

Or can anyone give me some advice on anything that might help me.

Now to the scary part.they gave me a drugs test and i had to go over and get the results, and they showed me that it came back possitive for heroin / morphine.

I have never taken heroin or morphine before.
    But i do remember reading a bit of a post some weeks ago where by something like the boddy once addicted to codeine could convert a small % of the codeine to morphine.
    This is a post i am trying to find as to show the drugs team this information as if the next drugs test shows possitive they have said i will be remeved from there programm.
    PLEASE PLEASE can someone find this bit of post for me as i cant find it

Is there any other way to do this.

Cheers

dave[/QUOTE]

Last edited by AddictionMod; 11-29-2003 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Do not post websites that have not been pre-approved. E-mail a moderator with any questions.

Old 11-29-2003, 03:57 PM   #5
    joanharvest
    (female)

joanharvest HB User

Once codeine has entered the body, it is broken down by an enzyme – CYP 2D6 – and converted into morphine. The morphine brings the pain relief.

I found the above on a website. Do a search on google, it comes up with plenty of info.

Old 11-30-2003, 08:29 AM   #6
    Wakeupcall
    (female)

Wakeupcall HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joanharvest
    Once codeine has entered the body, it is broken down by an enzyme CYP 2D6 and converted into morphine. The morphine brings the pain relief.

I found the above on a website. Do a search on google, it comes up with plenty of info.

ctg...I replied to you on my thread that you replied to (haha) subox addiction=brken heart shell

Old 11-30-2003, 11:28 AM   #7
    ctg
    (male)

ctg HB User

thanx very much everyone i can now rest a bit.

At one moment i thaught maybees someone had spiked a drink of mine or something but just didnt know what to think.

i will print this thread out and black mark out names of people etc etc who have responded to my thread.

i just hope monday morning will bring some good news to me.
    ohh 1 more thing it has been 3 days for me on the 8mg of suboxone and i thaught it would it would be getting a lot better fast.. but it's not.. well not yet anyway.

i hope .. and will ask if it's ok to go to 10 mg on monday and see how that goes.fingers crossed ehh!!!!.

7 days now with no codeine and i almost feel better... well a lot better than i was last week i wil say.

well i will let you all know what happens on monday

hey guys ...WOW WOW WOW...

just done a search on that CYP 2D6 crike.. there is a lot about it yeah.
    when i told the guys at the drug centre that i had heard of this they told me that "they havent heard of that before" but reading this , i think some of the information i will show them on monday morning is going to blow there socks off..

thanx
    dave

cheers and thanx
    dave.

Last edited by ctg; 11-30-2003 at 11:49 AM.

Old 11-30-2003, 04:24 PM   #8
    pez333

pez333 HB User

Last edited by AddictionMod; 11-30-2003 at 04:35 PM.

Old 11-30-2003, 07:10 PM   #9
    timsworld73
    Veteran

timsworld73 HB User

As a Clinical Laboratory Biologist, and working 3 months as an inturn in toxicology, all you have to do is rewuest that they do break down of the opiate. Using an analyzer, changing reagents to test certain sample request a MD can find out if you are on oh lets say darvocet(another opiate) or codiene. Ask for a complex breakdown on the positive opiate results.

Old 12-01-2003, 05:06 AM   #10
    ctg
    (male)

ctg HB User

well i just been over there in the last 10 minutes and they havent yet got back my test result from friday yet.

But when i gave them a few printouts of my findings about cyp 2d6 they had never heard of it and wanted to keep my copies to have a look at .
    Not a problem i said and also gave then a few web addresses to have a look at and see what they can find out.
    i took my 8 mg of suboxone at 10:30 this morning and it's now 12:50 and i dont feel too bad at the moment, it's just at about tea time and past i start to feel a bit anctious to have some codeine, but i have resisted the temptation to do this at the moment and the drug team are going to put me up to 12 mg as from tomorrow so i hopefully wont get the cravings anymore.

I must admit to myself by now that suboxone must be doing something right inside of me as 8 days now with NO codeine. WOW never in 3 1/2 years would i think i could do that.As from tomorrow i hope that the afternoon cravings dissapear for good and start getting on with things.

ohh one more thing yeah... but please dont laugh at this bit.

well i did mention before i think it was or in one of my other posts i put up or a post i replied to.

ahh humm.. about my sex life being a little ahh welll you know........mmmmm... a bit pooooooor lets say.

well over the weeked me my lass and the kid had to visit some friends down in morcombe near blackpool.
    well we had to stay the night and you know how it is when you sleep in a strange bed yeah.
    Well the missus must have felt the urge to have a little bit play with me etc etc.
    I just didnt think anything was going to happen and i would do the normal thing and say i had a bad back or something to put her off .But i didnt.
    All i am going to say is what a night it was, i'me not going to say how long or how many times but i know this is going to sound funny but...
    Is there anything in soboxone that may react with any other chemicals that i may have present in my boddy to make me perform any better ???????.
    Or is it me slowly going back to normal i.e. without the codeine running arround inside my boddy ( up to 1200 mg codeine / day max ).
    Has anyone got any explanation as how i was able to perform so well as lets say the last 2 1/2 years has been very very very poor.
    lol
    lol
    even my wife in the morning said "you have a nice night last night"

anyone got any ideas please.
    cheers
    dave

Closed Thread