It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• No Effect from Hydrocodone?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-28-2003, 09:42 AM   #1
    Happy Father
    Inactive

Happy Father HB User
    No Effect from Hydrocodone?!

Has anyone gotten to the point where there is no buzz anymore? you take it just so you don't have WD's..........This is where I'm at. Like most of you went from recreational pain user to addicted. From 2-4 per day to 40, however I have always gotten "a feel'in" untill the past few weeks, so after 2 plus years has the drug gotten to a balance in my system?.

Lord knows I have a problem and it sounds like Subutex is not THE ANSWER! I just need to Man up and ween off the crap again. Mornings are still the worst when Coffee/newspaper was my first prioritynow getting 8 Vicos in me ASAP is my first priority and that doesn't even do anything?. Any thougts, I also know this is the point where many addicts go for the next drug! no way man, I have no intentions of ever doing Coke, Mary Jane or Oxy! not that my addiction is any better or worse guys and I feel for ya that are addicted to those stronger drugs...........Thanks Franko

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2003, 12:30 PM   #2
    rockingham

rockingham HB User
    Re: No Effect from Hydrocodone?!

For Franko:

YES! it is possible to reach that point at which no euphoria at all is felt. i am one who did experience this.

Old 11-28-2003, 12:59 PM   #3
    chefob1
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chefob1 HB User

all of us opiate addicts end up in the same category...its the same as with crack...we search for that feelin well never find again....you know its time to start thinkin sobriety again.......chef...ps im on the meth route again,did it once in 1984 and did the bupenorphine thing for four years before suboxone/subutex were even thought of.....

Old 11-28-2003, 02:30 PM   #4
    Nikka
    (female)

Nikka HB User

It is sad in a mournful way that I used to be able to take (1) 10mg pill of Norco and feel the effects. That wouldn't do a thing for me now. I too am trying to head down the sobreity route of slowly saying goodbye to these pills.

Old 11-28-2003, 03:20 PM   #5
    bluejulie5
    Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Happy Father
    Has anyone gotten to the point where there is no buzz anymore? you take it just so you don't have WD's..........This is where I'm at. Like most of you went from recreational pain user to addicted. From 2-4 per day to 40, however I have always gotten "a feel'in" untill the past few weeks, so after 2 plus years has the drug gotten to a balance in my system?.

Lord knows I have a problem and it sounds like Subutex is not THE ANSWER! I just need to Man up and ween off the crap again. Mornings are still the worst when Coffee/newspaper was my first prioritynow getting 8 Vicos in me ASAP is my first priority and that doesn't even do anything?. Any thougts, I also know this is the point where many addicts go for the next drug! no way man, I have no intentions of ever doing Coke, Mary Jane or Oxy! not that my addiction is any better or worse guys and I feel for ya that are addicted to those stronger drugs...........Thanks Franko
    humm, 40 a day? WOW.
    I know what you mean though, about not getting the buzz anymore, but
    just taking them becuase you think you "have to".
    I usually take about 8 - 10 lortab a day.
    I have one left, until monday though. Darn!!
    It will be pretty rough the next few days, but I have
    xanax to get me through. This stupid addiction is getting
    old, and I hate it.

Old 11-28-2003, 09:13 PM   #6
    Root
    Veteran

Root HB User

Hi Happy. I was just like you exept I started on the hydro for pain. I was on 500mg a day when I swiched over to sub. I am so happy I don't have to dump 8 or 9 pills in each morning. I didn't feel any buzz at all and that stoped a long time ago for me. I only took the pills to stop the wds. Now I feel like my old self and I hope to get off the sub quick. I hope you find your own way and I will be sending a lot of positive enrgy to you.

Old 11-29-2003, 09:57 AM   #7
    Happy Father
    Inactive

Happy Father HB User

Thanks for the response's guys and gals...........Yes I need to get my act together, 40 yeah thats alot, sorry you have to go through the weekend with only 1 Vicodin ouch.....Hope you get some relife.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluejulie5
    humm, 40 a day? WOW.
    I know what you mean though, about not getting the buzz anymore, but
    just taking them becuase you think you "have to".
    I usually take about 8 - 10 lortab a day.
    I have one left, until monday though. Darn!!
    It will be pretty rough the next few days, but I have
    xanax to get me through. This stupid addiction is getting
    old, and I hate it.

Old 11-30-2003, 09:55 AM   #8
    bluejulie5
    Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User

Quote:
    Thanks for the response's guys and gals...........Yes I need to get my act together, 40 yeah thats alot, sorry you have to go through the weekend with only 1 Vicodin ouch.....Hope you get some relife.
    HI
    sorry if I sounded rude about the 40 a day, I sure did not mean to.
    I woke up this morning with a pounding headache. I took several alieve
    and just a few minutes ago, a few xanax.
    Maybe that will help. I have not really had any mental cravings for them, I guess
    because I know I have a refill left, and I am sure right at 9am in the morning I will be there at the drug store getting them filled.
    Also yesterday was my daughters 4th bday and we kept busy with her party, etc. but I did come home and crash yesterday afternoon, I was SO tired.
    I am so tired of this addiction.
    How are you hanging in there??
    Bye for now~

Old 11-30-2003, 10:50 AM   #9
    rockingham

rockingham HB User

"I am so tired of this addiction..."

how can i help julie. your feelings are hurt and i dont want you to feel like this no more. talk about your plans.

Last edited by rockingham; 11-30-2003 at 10:51 AM.

Old 12-01-2003, 07:44 AM   #10
    lane7eir
    Veteran
    (female)

lane7eir HB User

happyfather-
    my husband started out just like you. he had no intention whatsoever of moving on to oxys from the beloved hydros and lortabs. he did get to the point where it wasn't fun anymore and started taking more and more lortabs and hydros just to feel "normal" and not dope sick. oxys came in when that stopped working to achieve the "normal" feeling. please be careful. he has gone through over 30K in the past year by running up his credit cards on cash advances, pawned his golf clubs, generator, etc, and spent his entire retirement built over the past 15 years. the finances can be fixed but the depression and shame he feels is about to kill him. He didn't tell me about his retirement until this past weekend (it was gone in March). Being a fairly new recovering alcoholic, it makes my heart ache when i see what these "legal" drugs have done to the man i love. hope this helps and i wish you and yours the best holiday season!
    laney

Old 12-01-2003, 08:56 AM   #11
    Happy Father
    Inactive

Happy Father HB User

No, your honest! Julie I appreciate that. I have been on that edge where your looking at an empty bottle how deppresing that is. Congrats on the little one, hopefully she had a blast. I have a 5 year old little girl, I gotta stop spoiling her though!........... Same back to you Root, I'm following you on the Sub and a few others. Seems like opionons very but I have alot of work to do before I get to that point. Good luck back to ya and I'll be here for ya cuz.......

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluejulie5
    HI
    sorry if I sounded rude about the 40 a day, I sure did not mean to.
    I woke up this morning with a pounding headache. I took several alieve
    and just a few minutes ago, a few xanax.
    Maybe that will help. I have not really had any mental cravings for them, I guess
    because I know I have a refill left, and I am sure right at 9am in the morning I will be there at the drug store getting them filled.
    Also yesterday was my daughters 4th bday and we kept busy with her party, etc. but I did come home and crash yesterday afternoon, I was SO tired.
    I am so tired of this addiction.
    How are you hanging in there??
    Bye for now~

Old 12-01-2003, 10:23 AM   #12
    bluejulie5
    Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User

HI Happy Father:
    I understand about the "spoiling" of the childeren!!
    I have 2 boys, 16 and 13, so when this little angel came about, we were so thrilled!!!! hopefully she is not a brat, but I wonder sometimes.hehe.
    Well,just as I figured; I was at the pharmacy this morn. bright and early getting my 40 pills. I went straight home and gulped down 3 of them......here I am on my lunch hour and just downed 2 more. GEEZ.
    At least you are talking about wanting help.
    Of course I do too, but I have not made any attempts to quit.
    Bye for now~

Old 12-01-2003, 12:58 PM   #13
    Jaybone

Jaybone HB User

Tell you what I did last week, I was in the same boat as you. I got some clonidine, and went cold turkey for one week taking 2 mg of clonidine the first day and up to 4 mg plus 2-3 benidryl after that for one week. This lowered my tolerance abit. I then refilled my norco, got 60 of them and followed the dr instructions for the first time in 5 years 1-2 ever 4 to six hours. At first after hour 3 I felt the slight sting of w/d, but compared to the week on just clonidine it was heaven. I keep reminding myself of the hell of the week prior, and asked my self if I wanted to go to work after vacation w/ding. So it kept me on track and I achieved a milestone yesterday 30 pills has lasted me 5 days instead of 2. This is a day by day process and I am tempted to pop 3 in my mouth at once but I stop and think. I don't need to, I feel fine. I can go 5 hours between pills now and I think I am weened, but the head trips or the worst. i know I can get a hell of a buzz right now with 3 pill at once. But I occupy my time with other things leaving my pill at home.
    The hard part is the week on the clonidine alone. The good part is the clonidine stops the restless leg and sweats, thank God!! You don't think it is working but it is and it will put you to sleep for the first 24 hours after that you will need something else and a lot of it. Just don't over do it with the clonidine or you will die.
    good luck this work so far for me. the alternative is rehab.
    J

Old 12-01-2003, 04:39 PM   #14
    Happy Father
    Inactive

Happy Father HB User

Julie,

Do you have a'lot of pain? I don't think I have read your story or why or how you got addicted..........Yes I'd like to stop and am reading, listinging and thinking about what to do. Thankfully my Liver/Kidneys are doing great (amazing) considering the amount of pills over the past 3 years. Thankfully I don't drink often maybe 2 glasses of red wine a week........Fill me in if you have the time.......Maybe we can come up with some answers?!.

My biggest fear bout stopping is I truly need Hydro for my Knee's and I went through rehab 2 months ago just to get my intake back to normal usage! but I'm weak and am right back where I started between 30-40 a day of 10mg of Vicodin.......Frank

PS I also have a 4 month old son! ahhhhh the sleepless nights are back

Old 12-01-2003, 06:27 PM   #15
    bluejulie5
    Veteran

bluejulie5 HB User

Quote:
    Julie,

Do you have a'lot of pain? I don't think I have read your story or why or how you got addicted..........Yes I'd like to stop and am reading, listinging and thinking about what to do. Thankfully my Liver/Kidneys are doing great (amazing) considering the amount of pills over the past 3 years. Thankfully I don't drink often maybe 2 glasses of red wine a week........Fill me in if you have the time.......Maybe we can come up with some answers?!.

My biggest fear bout stopping is I truly need Hydro for my Knee's and I went through rehab 2 months ago just to get my intake back to normal usage! but I'm weak and am right back where I started between 30-40 a day of 10mg of Vicodin.......Frank

PS I also have a 4 month old son! ahhhhh the sleepless nights are back
    HI
    Well, I started taking lortab for bad headaches, and menstural cramping.
    I am prescribed 4 lortab 5.500 a day.
    Well, I never really stuck with taking that amount,,,,,it seemed to get out of
    control pretty quickly.
    I am getting to where I order lortab off of the internet, plus get 40 lortab every 10 days from my dr. BAD!!!! I hope I don't get in trouble for it one day.
    How do you get access to 40 a day? Does your dr. prescribe that many
    or do you get it from other sorces? Just curious and you do not have to answer that of course if you dont want to.
    Take care~

Closed Thread