It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Feel Worse Than Ever

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-03-2004, 08:36 AM   #46
    nomorepills
    Inactive

nomorepills HB User
    Re: Feel Worse Than Ever

Michelle-
    Things will be better. You will see that once your head is free of all of those chemicals, things are o.k. You just HAVE to make the decision if you REALLY want to be done with the pills. If you want them...that is your decision. If you dont want them....QUIT taking them. I was on the same amount of Norco as you were, and yes, the detox was GOD awful, but I had made the decision that I would never put myself through the hell of a detox again. My kids deserve better and I deserve better. I did it. I am now over 2 months clean and I have never felt better in my entire life. I am serious. I have a new outlook on life. I used to never believe people when they said "I feel better than I have ever felt" after getting sober I thought it was a load of CRAP.......I just wasn't there yet. I had to go through the rest of my CRAP to get there. When it comes to drugs...nothing is instant except for the high. You have to think of it this way, it took you three years to get where you are right now. It is not going to be over night to get you back to "normal" When you are addicted to ANYTHING you always want "Instant Gratification" but it doesnt work that way in the world of reality.
    Trust me...do this detox and get it done and OVER with. That way you have the rest of your life with your kids.

NMP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2004, 08:54 AM   #47
    Wakeupcall
    (female)

Wakeupcall HB User

Michelle,

I have just spent the last 1/2 hour reading this thread . I am soooooo sorry that I have been so busy that I have been away from here. My hubby was on vaca and it has been crazy. Any way. I read all your posts. I truely feel for you. I understood everything you posted regarding having to be the best at everything. I am 37 years old and used to be the same way. I have 3 kids 13,10,9. Michelle, I almost went into detox.
    Where I am, It would not of been that bad. But, the counseling class I went to was the extension to the hospital that the "dtox" group would go to after being released. The good thing that I saw was that the people seem to bond w/one another and hellp eachother thru. Detox here was 1-4 weeks. Michelle this is all such a viscious circle. I know you chose subox. I am on that too. I do not know if this will help you, but here is how I think about things to get me thru. I am leary about staying on this too. It has been 4 months. I want to be drug free also. This Xmas was the first one in 4 years that I did it on just subox. My kids just told me, it was the best yet!! I look at this as a "life saving drug" for me. If I stop, I could relapse anda go to jail. Jail or subox....those are my choices. You are okay w/ xanax b/c of anxiety. That is okay. If you could do everything w/the subox and not crave, wouldnt that be okay?? Maybe if you found the right dose, the subox would be okay for you. They are now using subox for depression I have read. I think it has helped me for depression also. I also think...people need meds for blood pressure, cancer, diabetics....we do not think anything of that. That is my way of thinking. This drug kept me w/my family and also helped me to get some things back in my life. Confidence, energy, a will to get back into life. Michelle, and everyone else, this is a fight for our life. We must do what ever we can to win. Subox is legal!! Michelle, I do not know where you get the vikes....I sounds like maybe on-line. I know, I have been there. It is also becoming dangerous to do so. We never know what will happebn next. No matter where you are getting them, I am sure it is hard to keep on a the supply. I know, in your posts, you are past this and have made a choice for the subox, , I am just remarking b/c I have been gone for awhile. Thank goodness you have a family that is there to help you. Chin up, chest out. How ever you succeed, I am behind you and I am listening to you and really understand you. I wish you the best!!!! Shell

Michelle, I just read the post unde "got to say something" where you stated that you had to take the xanax due to anxiety and it was a life savor. That is how I think of suboxone. YOu are okay w/taking the xanax, as you should be, it has helped you. If the subox helps you to "stay Clean" so be it. IF you find the right dose, and the cravings go away and the energy stays and blah blah blah, then, good for you! Please, do not be so hard on your self. Give yourself a BIG pat on the back! My hubbie was just reading some of this. He just said "wow, this is like reading our lives" Sometimes I think it is good to have our significant other read this. He said it really helps him to understand even more. Shell

Last edited by Wakeupcall; 01-03-2004 at 09:42 AM.

Old 01-03-2004, 09:43 AM   #48
    John 808
    Inactive

John 808 HB User

Thanks nomore and Shell,

I know this thread has gotten a little long and intense. By problem, Shell, is the sub doctors here in my state won't let me take the sub and the Xanax and I truly have severe anxiety. So, they said I had to choose the sub or the anxiety/depression medicine??? That is why I am tapering off the sub. I can't see myself not being treated for my depression and anxiety. UUGGHH!! I can do this though- it may be rough for a few days, but I am determined as I don't want to be put in the hospital for months away from my children!!! You guys just support me when I hit the rought spots and am on here feeling like it is the end of the world- okay? Thanks to you two!

Take care and congratulation to your sobriety,
    Michelle

Old 01-04-2004, 09:54 AM   #49
    Wakeupcall
    (female)

Wakeupcall HB User

Michelle,

Although the thread is gotten long, it just shows how many of us really understand and want to support you. YES!!! you can do it. One day at a time. What a shame, to have a catch 22 w/the meds. It is a shame, thru-out my readings, I have read that some sub docs allow xanax w/sub at low doses. I truely hope everything works out for you. Shell

Closed Thread