It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• red bull

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2004, 07:15 AM   #1
    Nikkita

Nikkita HB User
    Question red bull

Could anyone tell me if red bull is addictive or not?I'm finding i get a bit of a high off it but since it contains caffeine , taurine etc I reckoned it wuold be safer than ephedrine which im trying to stop. Anyone had any bad side effects from drinking 2 or 3 cans per day?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2004, 09:22 AM   #2
    Happy Father
    Inactive

Happy Father HB User
    Re: red bull

Your fine I highly recomend it over 95% of that other energy crap thats sold. It is a healthy drink outside of the large amount of caffine. I take 1 a day so I'm not totally lethargic all day from my Hydro problem......I also drink 3-4 cups of coffee per day or I'd drink more. Good luck and know everything is OK with the BULL

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nikkita
    Could anyone tell me if red bull is addictive or not?I'm finding i get a bit of a high off it but since it contains caffeine , taurine etc I reckoned it wuold be safer than ephedrine which im trying to stop. Anyone had any bad side effects from drinking 2 or 3 cans per day?

Old 01-02-2004, 10:41 AM   #3
    #1Texan
    Veteran

#1Texan HB User

Nikkita,
    I am curious as to why your wanting to put so much caffeine into your system.

I read where your wanting to stop the ephedra, but are you trying to replace it with the caffeine?

#1Texan

Old 01-04-2004, 06:22 AM   #4
    Nikkita

Nikkita HB User
    Unhappy Re: red bull

1texan
    I am suffering from bulimia and am worried my metabolism will slow down without stimulants. The ephedra is just becoming too expensive and half the time I dont even feel any better on it.

Old 01-04-2004, 06:41 AM   #5
    sadsister
    Inactive

sadsister HB User

Hi-
    My cousin who is one year sober..is addicted to red bulls.Drinks 20 in a weekend.
    I heard it had bull balls(hehehe) in it..taurine is testosterone from a bull.Yikes!
    I drink tons of caffiene..a fiend for coffee..but ive gained weight since i blew off the drugs and started suboxone.
    bulimia is a serious issue..i have eating disorders too..i go from 120-150..oh its an issue alright.
    Dieting as we speak and having a hard time!
    Hope you are getting help for your bulimia.
    Thank our media for our horrendous body image..what a scam!
    Heather

Old 01-04-2004, 08:00 PM   #6
    rosietee
    Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

Nikkita,
    I have beaten bulimia, but could not have done it without the right therapist and support group. I had to learn the deep-seated reasons and feelings I was covering up by eating and how to deal with them. Of course, since then I have landed myself in quite another fix. But I used to be really into ephedra also for energy. I quit when I found out I was pregnant. Yes, I think my metabolism slowed down a bit for a while, but eventually, it came back to where it was before. I now have no weight problems at all, and that was less than 2 years ago that I was taking the ephedra. As for the bulimia, a big reason I stopped that was hearing from a woman who was having to spend thousands of dollars getting her teeth and jaw reconstructed from all the damage from the throwing up.

Let me know if I can offer any support or answer any questions.

Rose

Closed Thread