It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Addiction & Recovery Message Board

  • Gonna be an all nighter.anyone there///



  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 01-11-2004, 10:19 PM   #1
    kindaunwell
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: NEW YORK CITY
    Posts: 336
    kindaunwell HB User
    Gonna be an all nighter.anyone there///

    WEll, its about 1:00AM in NYC,and I feel I am gonna be up all night! The TV movies all seem to suck, so I am looking for any other insomnac to talk to.
    Come on,this your time to come out all you lurkers. Nobody else will know about ya,except me! I might be able to help you or at least make you laugh.... You never know till you try it.
    I did my first "over-medicate" tonight by takig 2 instead of just one 2mg.Ativans, and I still feel like my mind is just racing along,cruising on autopilot. I did soo good stopping all medications up till tonight...
    I've got a 10:00AM appt. with my company doctor and shrink today, so I'm gonna be in fine shape for that,huh ???
    OH well, I'm just gonna lay back on my couch and wait for the early birds, then..........

    (A waiting for anyone one to Speak)
    Kindaunwell.......

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 01-11-2004, 10:48 PM   #2
    BadAttitude
    Member
     
    BadAttitude's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: Florida
    Posts: 55
    BadAttitude HB User
    Re: Gonna be an all nighter.anyone there///

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kindaunwell
    WEll, its about 1:00AM in NYC,and I feel I am gonna be up all night! The TV movies all seem to suck, so I am looking for any other insomnac to talk to.
    Come on,this your time to come out all you lurkers. Nobody else will know about ya,except me! I might be able to help you or at least make you laugh.... You never know till you try it.
    I did my first "over-medicate" tonight by takig 2 instead of just one 2mg.Ativans, and I still feel like my mind is just racing along,cruising on autopilot. I did soo good stopping all medications up till tonight...
    I've got a 10:00AM appt. with my company doctor and shrink today, so I'm gonna be in fine shape for that,huh ???
    OH well, I'm just gonna lay back on my couch and wait for the early birds, then..........

    (A waiting for anyone one to Speak)
    Kindaunwell.......
    Hi, Kindaunwell
    I guess it's just you and me tonight. I having been following yours and many other's struggle to quit drugs, as a recovering alcoholic of 5 years I know your struggle. Quiting alcohol was one of the hardest things that I have ever done in my life, after drinking for 23 years I never thought that I could quit. I have been clean for 5 years which has not been easy either there have been so many times when I have wanted to go back drinking you know the just one won't hurt, but I know better then anyone that I could not no more stop at one drink then a dying man in the dessert could not stop at one sip of water.
    I have many nights when I can not sleep sometimes I don't get much sleep so if you ever want someone to talk to I just might be on here. I wish you the strenght to be able to quit the drugs and for health and for all the happiness that your heart can hold.
    ~Autumn~

     
    Old 01-11-2004, 11:26 PM   #3
    rosietee
    Senior Veteran
     
    rosietee's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: California
    Posts: 515
    rosietee HB User
    Re: Gonna be an all nighter.anyone there///

    Well, I'm on the west coast and it's only about 11:30 here. I hope you get a little rest. I usually check in after I get everyone to sleep (they're night owls too). Just wanted to wish for you that peace and rest come to you tonight. Sometimes stretching helps me a little, but sometimes it is just not meant to be. Hope tonight is not one of those for you (or me for that matter).

    Still no NA meeting but I did go to mass (cool priest there) who immediately started talking about addiction and communication, can you believe it? Hadn't been in ages and ages, but myhusband is prettty reliegious and I thought the whole forgiveness thing might sink in a little.

    I do hope the Ativan kicks in for you soon, sometimes it just sneaks up on you. Sweet dreams to you; I'm here alot lately if you need to chat,

    Rosie

     
    Old 01-12-2004, 01:37 AM   #4
    kindaunwell
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: NEW YORK CITY
    Posts: 336
    kindaunwell HB User
    Re: Gonna be an all nighter.anyone there///

    HI,BadAttitude

    Quite rude of me to make that post, and then fall off on you. I guess 4mg of Ativan couldn't hold out against me being phsisically tired,but not mentally. PLus lying down on a cofortably couch, with the old Pink Floyd playing in my ears.
    Anyway, nice to meet ya BadAttitude......And you have my respect for staying sober for so long!! Although, I have been a beer drinker most of my life (To wash the pills down my throat) LOL! I have closed quite afew bars in my life time. I was usually a beer drinker, but many times I was using beer to chase down my favorite----Good old Jack Daniels!!! What was your choice of drink?? Its just that drugs took such a major role in my life, but starting from the age of 13 my friends and I would be passing a bottle and some joints around to each other right as school opened and I would end up passing out in class. More than once, it was a janitor waking me up somedays...
    I have a good friend,who just retired last year from the job, and he was a full fledged alkie for 25 years, until on one of his many trips to the "Farm", He just uped and stoped just like that. even when he would be coached on by some of the jerks on the job, he keept to his promise. How have you been able to keep from stsrting over again??? Let me hear your story, if you don't mind??
    Kindaunwell....

     
    Old 01-12-2004, 02:16 AM   #5
    yinksy
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Posts: 437
    yinksy HB User
    Re: Gonna be an all nighter.anyone there///

    Hey Thomas
    You still up? If you have 4 mg ativan in your system - then I doubt! You are soooooo bad! But - if you can just believe what I say in this regard - your sleep will come back - and sooner than you think! Honest!! A couple of sleepless nights and then a few nights with just a few hours.................. slowly but surely you will get back into a reasonable pattern!
    Hope this finds you asleep!
    Rosie and Tom - yes - I got along to an AA meeting (no NA meeting in my area) - got great support. Same 12 step method as NA. No restrictions on your going to a meeting. All you need is a sincere desire to quit! I was utterly terrified of actually going into my first meeting - but it was one of the best things I ever did!
    Doubting T what you say about the image thing is just spot on! Sure - we must all be like that - keeping our horrible dark secrets to ourselves? I think that is where AA and NA will help.
    Michelle - hope you are just staying with it - it surely wont be too long for you now?
    Y

     
    Old 01-12-2004, 02:19 AM   #6
    kindaunwell
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: NEW YORK CITY
    Posts: 336
    kindaunwell HB User
    Re: Gonna be an all nighter.anyone there///

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rosietee
    Well, I'm on the west coast and it's only about 11:30 here. I hope you get a little rest. I usually check in after I get everyone to sleep (they're night owls too). Just wanted to wish for you that peace and rest come to you tonight. Sometimes stretching helps me a little, but sometimes it is just not meant to be. Hope tonight is not one of those for you (or me for that matter).

    Still no NA meeting but I did go to mass (cool priest there) who immediately started talking about addiction and communication, can you believe it? Hadn't been in ages and ages, but myhusband is prettty reliegious and I thought the whole forgiveness thing might sink in a little.

    I do hope the Ativan kicks in for you soon, sometimes it just sneaks up on you. Sweet dreams to you; I'm here alot lately if you need to chat,

    Rosie

    Hey,rosie
    That was alittle emnbarassing writing that post of mine and then ,like you said ,the Ativan snuck up on me . But I would have thought 4mg. of Ativan should of had me laid out on the couch for alot longer of time. I've got a full day ahead of me,what with 2 appt,'s with the companies doctor and shrink. Then its one of my days of phsical therapy. And lately I've been putting in some exra hard work-outs. I hope I have the energy later. Boy, rosie have you had insomnia long and what causes it??? The doctors say mine comes from all my past hard drug usage, and it may take months to naturely cure itself. yinksy would probably yell at me (just kidding), but she is a true believer in letting it happen normally, and she seems to know her stuff when it comes to benzos.I have about 3 more weeks of medical leave before I have to return to the job. its gonna be real tuff working different tours with this Insomnia...But I have heard from alot of people ,including my own doctor that this Ativan is some kind of heavy- duty drug, if taken at only 1mg. a night!!! Man, besides a life time of doing drugs , this last time of pain pill fighting and finally beating it last month, I just don't know if I got another fight left in me to do it again...
    Well I guess we can be talking about this some other time ...
    Take Good Care,Rosie (Rositee) Kinda -unwell

     
    Old 01-12-2004, 02:32 AM   #7
    yinksy
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Posts: 437
    yinksy HB User
    Re: Gonna be an all nighter.anyone there///

    Yep - kinda - I am mad at you!!!!!!!! But - so understand the desperation of insomnia. But - I know the hard way about benzos and ativan is my speciality! Such power in such a wee pill. Dont be fooled. And getting off benzos (if you get hooked) is not a 1 or 2 week thing - took me 8 months to taper off, takes some people longer. So - dont be lining yourself up for this particular addiction - I really dont recommend it!!! LOL
    BUT - seems to be safe enough to use a therapeutic dose for a couple of weeks - but your doc seems to be aware? Funnily enough - I never found that ativan gave me sleep - just let me pass out for a few hours - not long!
    You have a few weeks yet till you go back to work - that is good - give your sleep time to sort itself out!
    So - Tommy boy - do you still doubt me?
    Y

     
    Old 01-12-2004, 02:46 AM   #8
    kindaunwell
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: NEW YORK CITY
    Posts: 336
    kindaunwell HB User
    Re: Gonna be an all nighter.anyone there///

    Hi,Ya
    ,Yinksy


    WEll yes (With my tail between my legs) I did end up taking 4mg. of Ativan right after putting this first post out. I was wide awake and just deceided to put a pass out there to see if anyone else was up. Then I sat back with Pink Floyd"s "comfortably Numb" on ear phones. sleep did sneak up on me for 2 hours or so and now I think its too late to even try to go back to sleep I've got to be in Jersey by 10:00 to see the Company Doctor and their Shrink. Gotta watch what I say around them!!! Anyway, I left BadAttitude out in the cold ,cause he was nice enough to answer my call into the wilderness soon after I first posted......Hey!--- What are you doing here, after I made such a nice Thread with your name on it and all??LOL? ARe you awake now or what time is it in the land of mefadder's enemies LOL! But not mine, anymore.....
    Post me back if you are gonna stay up. John 3:16 is having a very bad time of it I think.....

    ( Sorry, Now I'M awake, for sure)

    Kinda unwell

     
    Old 01-12-2004, 04:09 AM   #9
    BadAttitude
    Member
     
    BadAttitude's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: Florida
    Posts: 55
    BadAttitude HB User
    Re: Gonna be an all nighter.anyone there///

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kindaunwell
    HI,BadAttitude

    Quite rude of me to make that post, and then fall off on you. I guess 4mg of Ativan couldn't hold out against me being phsisically tired,but not mentally. PLus lying down on a cofortably couch, with the old Pink Floyd playing in my ears.
    Anyway, nice to meet ya BadAttitude......And you have my respect for staying sober for so long!! Although, I have been a beer drinker most of my life (To wash the pills down my throat) LOL! I have closed quite afew bars in my life time. I was usually a beer drinker, but many times I was using beer to chase down my favorite----Good old Jack Daniels!!! What was your choice of drink?? Its just that drugs took such a major role in my life, but starting from the age of 13 my friends and I would be passing a bottle and some joints around to each other right as school opened and I would end up passing out in class. More than once, it was a janitor waking me up somedays...
    I have a good friend,who just retired last year from the job, and he was a full fledged alkie for 25 years, until on one of his many trips to the "Farm", He just uped and stoped just like that. even when he would be coached on by some of the jerks on the job, he keept to his promise. How have you been able to keep from stsrting over again??? Let me hear your story, if you don't mind??
    Kindaunwell....
    Hi, Kindaunwell
    That's perfectly ok that you fell asleep I am glad that you did, I am usually up late as I am nocturnal so I am around at night. I guess the reason why I answered your post even thought I have been lurking for the last couple of months is because I understand the desperation of needing someone to talk to not only because I am a recovering alcoholic but also because I am substance abuse counselor. Even thought I have not worked as such in the last two years since I went back to college to earn two more degrees in a different areas then substance abuse, the last place I worked as a substance abuse counselor was at an all male min.-max security prison.

    You asked what was my drink of choice well that one would be a hard one to narrow down as most anything I could get my hands on worked for me, but I would have to say my favorites when i was drinking was beer, absolut vodka, captian morgan rum, coyote tequila, devil's lair. I drank everything and anything that I could get my hands on the stronger the better most of the time.

    To answer your question how have I been able to stay sober this long, that is a good question I guess because of all the pain and suffering that I have caused my daughter because of my being an alcoholic and when I worked at the prison knowing that the only diffence between me and some of the inmates was they were caught for DUI or for Vehichular Manslaughter and that I was only one drink away from being where they were in prison. And the fact that I almost died from the effects alcoholism 6 years ago from 23 years of drinking.

    Not to say that I don't struggle with my alcoholism, I struggle every day sometimes I feel like climbing the walls I want a drink so bad, but so far for the last five years I have been able to so no, and have not had a drink.
    That is why I hang out here and read the posts, your struggle and other's who are struggling to get off drugs or alcohol is my struggle. And somedays I need to be reminded how how far I have come and how easy it would be for me to go back to drinking.

    Anytime you would like to talk I would be glad to talk to you, being a substance abuse counselor I am good at listening and somedays I even need someone to talk to, and I guess now that I have started talking I have no reason not to ask for help and encourgement when I need it to.

    Oh, and kindofunwell, BadAttitude is a "she", BadAttitude is a nick that the inmates gave me because even thought I am small in size I took no crap from any of the inmates so they started calling me BadAttitude and it stuck.

    I wish you health and happiness.
    ~Autumn~

    Last edited by BadAttitude; 01-12-2004 at 04:18 AM.

     
    Old 01-13-2004, 10:09 PM   #10
    kindaunwell
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: NEW YORK CITY
    Posts: 336
    kindaunwell HB User
    Re: Gonna be an all nighter.anyone there///

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BadAttitude
    Hi, Kindaunwell
    That's perfectly ok that you fell asleep I am glad that you did, I am usually up late as I am nocturnal so I am around at night. I guess the reason why I answered your post even thought I have been lurking for the last couple of months is because I understand the desperation of needing someone to talk to not only because I am a recovering alcoholic but also because I am substance abuse counselor. Even thought I have not worked as such in the last two years since I went back to college to earn two more degrees in a different areas then substance abuse, the last place I worked as a substance abuse counselor was at an all male min.-max security prison.

    You asked what was my drink of choice well that one would be a hard one to narrow down as most anything I could get my hands on worked for me, but I would have to say my favorites when i was drinking was beer, absolut vodka, captian morgan rum, coyote tequila, devil's lair. I drank everything and anything that I could get my hands on the stronger the better most of the time.

    To answer your question how have I been able to stay sober this long, that is a good question I guess because of all the pain and suffering that I have caused my daughter because of my being an alcoholic and when I worked at the prison knowing that the only diffence between me and some of the inmates was they were caught for DUI or for Vehichular Manslaughter and that I was only one drink away from being where they were in prison. And the fact that I almost died from the effects alcoholism 6 years ago from 23 years of drinking.

    Not to say that I don't struggle with my alcoholism, I struggle every day sometimes I feel like climbing the walls I want a drink so bad, but so far for the last five years I have been able to so no, and have not had a drink.
    That is why I hang out here and read the posts, your struggle and other's who are struggling to get off drugs or alcohol is my struggle. And somedays I need to be reminded how how far I have come and how easy it would be for me to go back to drinking.

    Anytime you would like to talk I would be glad to talk to you, being a substance abuse counselor I am good at listening and somedays I even need someone to talk to, and I guess now that I have started talking I have no reason not to ask for help and encourgement when I need it to.

    Oh, and kindofunwell, BadAttitude is a "she", BadAttitude is a nick that the inmates gave me because even thought I am small in size I took no crap from any of the inmates so they started calling me BadAttitude and it stuck.

    I wish you health and happiness.
    ~Autumn~
    Hi, BadAttitude,
    I hope this post finds you well. I've been having a semi-case of the "blahhs" lately. Don't know why..... I liked your story of how you got your nick-name. I guess you can't show any fear when working on the inside, huh ????. Beleive me, I'll never call you a HE again. I don't want to get on your bad side !!! LOL!!
    Anyway, I would like to talk more with you ( you were "right on" in your post about how at certain times, I just feel the need to talk about all this with somebody). But right now, the Ativan is kicking in, and I am feeling groggy....
    Post back when you can. I think I'll just lay here awhile and read some posts....

    Take Good Care,

    (a tired) Kinda-unwell

     
    Old 01-13-2004, 10:41 PM   #11
    BadAttitude
    Member
     
    BadAttitude's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: Florida
    Posts: 55
    BadAttitude HB User
    Re: Gonna be an all nighter.anyone there///

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kindaunwell
    Hi, BadAttitude,
    I hope this post finds you well. I've been having a semi-case of the "blahhs" lately. Don't know why..... I liked your story of how you got your nick-name. I guess you can't show any fear when working on the inside, huh ????. Beleive me, I'll never call you a HE again. I don't want to get on your bad side !!! LOL!!
    Anyway, I would like to talk more with you ( you were "right on" in your post about how at certain times, I just feel the need to talk about all this with somebody). But right now, the Ativan is kicking in, and I am feeling groggy....
    Post back when you can. I think I'll just lay here awhile and read some posts....

    Take Good Care,

    (a tired) Kinda-unwell

    Hi, Kindaunwell

    I am so sorry that you are having a case of the blahs right now, I get that way sometimes to so I can definitely relate to how you are feeling.

    You will find that my posting times are usually late at night most of the time, I see that you posted this just a while ago and so I don't know if you are still on the forum or not but, if you are I will be here for a while and if you aren't on here I hope that's because you are getting some much needed rest.

    It is ok that you make the mistake of thinking that I was a he instead of a she, actually I got a good laugh from it. LOL

    I would enjoy talking to you anytime that you need some one to talk to, it is nice to have someone that you can talk to that can understand what you are feeling. The inmates used to tell me that they preferred having me as their counselor rather then some of the other counselors because I was not just talking from book smart's but also from experience. I am here anytime you need someone to talk to.

    Kindaunwell, take care and get some much need rest.

    ~Autumn~
    __________________
    "A journey of a thousand miles begins w/ a single step."


    "THE ONLY LIMITATIONS WE HAVE ARE THE ONES WE IMPOSE ON OURSELVES."

    ~AUTUMN~

     
    Old 01-14-2004, 02:07 AM   #12
    kindaunwell
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Location: NEW YORK CITY
    Posts: 336
    kindaunwell HB User
    Re: Gonna be an all nighter.anyone there///

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BadAttitude
    Hi, Kindaunwell

    I am so sorry that you are having a case of the blahs right now, I get that way sometimes to so I can definitely relate to how you are feeling.

    You will find that my posting times are usually late at night most of the time, I see that you posted this just a while ago and so I don't know if you are still on the forum or not but, if you are I will be here for a while and if you aren't on here I hope that's because you are getting some much needed rest.

    It is ok that you make the mistake of thinking that I was a he instead of a she, actually I got a good laugh from it. LOL

    I would enjoy talking to you anytime that you need some one to talk to, it is nice to have someone that you can talk to that can understand what you are feeling. The inmates used to tell me that they preferred having me as their counselor rather then some of the other counselors because I was not just talking from book smart's but also from experience. I am here anytime you need someone to talk to.

    Kindaunwell, take care and get some much need rest.

    ~Autumn~

    HI, BadAttitude

    On 4mg., Ionly got about an hour or so of sleep! My body is soo tired, and my mind is lazy-like, kind of groggy. But when I closed my eyes, my mind justs keeps on thinking. And 2 min. later, i've already forgotten what I was just thinking about. And sometimes this can go on for hours at a time. Have you ever expierence this.???
    MY wife woke up alittle while ago to go to the bathroom, and she saw me laying on the couch just reading some posts. She came right over to me and looked me in the eyes and said "are you taking those drugs again" (OPIATES) ????? I said NO, but was too tired to argue with her. I just waived her off and said to go back to bed. After that I went and took another pill (Ativan, Now that makes 6mg. since about midnight!!!). That has always been my problem >>>> when the medication doesn't seem to be working right, I keep on "over-medicating" myelf!!! My doctor is aware of this, and has told me,this time, to call him right away. I'll give him a call later today. I still have some 100mg. of Trazodone that I will probably take after writting this.When you were drinking, did you ever "over-drink" like and no matter how much you drank, it just wasn't enough.????? What do you suppose causes that.??
    I know if yinksy reads this post, she will be MAD at me,again!! And I don't blame her , because thia ST. Thomas really does believe what she has told ne about Ativan and the other Benzos being so addictive. And believe me,Addiction is very heavilly into my genes. In the past, the opiates and Fentanal Patches use to put me asleep just like that. Most times, they would knock me out so fast, I barely felt the highs anymore
    Anyway, BadAttitude, I just felt like talking, and you and I are probably the only ones up at this time,right?? Unless you went to bed already, yourself!!!
    If not, give me a buzz back, because i have this feeling no matter what more I take I'm just not gonna find any sleep at all today. I don't know what the maxium is for taking Ativan in one night.????
    Okay, lets see if you or anyone else is awake out there......... Anybody ?????

     
    Old 01-14-2004, 03:38 AM   #13
    BadAttitude
    Member
     
    BadAttitude's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: Florida
    Posts: 55
    BadAttitude HB User
    Re: Gonna be an all nighter.anyone there///

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kindaunwell
    HI, BadAttitude

    On 4mg., Ionly got about an hour or so of sleep! My body is soo tired, and my mind is lazy-like, kind of groggy. But when I closed my eyes, my mind justs keeps on thinking. And 2 min. later, i've already forgotten what I was just thinking about. And sometimes this can go on for hours at a time. Have you ever expierence this.???
    MY wife woke up alittle while ago to go to the bathroom, and she saw me laying on the couch just reading some posts. She came right over to me and looked me in the eyes and said "are you taking those drugs again" (OPIATES) ????? I said NO, but was too tired to argue with her. I just waived her off and said to go back to bed. After that I went and took another pill (Ativan, Now that makes 6mg. since about midnight!!!). That has always been my problem >>>> when the medication doesn't seem to be working right, I keep on "over-medicating" myelf!!! My doctor is aware of this, and has told me,this time, to call him right away. I'll give him a call later today. I still have some 100mg. of Trazodone that I will probably take after writting this.When you were drinking, did you ever "over-drink" like and no matter how much you drank, it just wasn't enough.????? What do you suppose causes that.??
    I know if yinksy reads this post, she will be MAD at me,again!! And I don't blame her , because thia ST. Thomas really does believe what she has told ne about Ativan and the other Benzos being so addictive. And believe me,Addiction is very heavilly into my genes. In the past, the opiates and Fentanal Patches use to put me asleep just like that. Most times, they would knock me out so fast, I barely felt the highs anymore
    Anyway, BadAttitude, I just felt like talking, and you and I are probably the only ones up at this time,right?? Unless you went to bed already, yourself!!!
    If not, give me a buzz back, because i have this feeling no matter what more I take I'm just not gonna find any sleep at all today. I don't know what the maxium is for taking Ativan in one night.????
    Okay, lets see if you or anyone else is awake out there......... Anybody ?????
    Hi, Kindaunwell

    Yes, I am still up, but going to try and hit the bed soon and get some sleep (hopefully). Glad, you decided to take me up on talking, ok if my memory serves me correctly Ativan is Lorazepam and is used as an Anti-anxiety agent (benzodiazepines, mild tranquilizer) used for the relief of anxiety, agitation, irritability, to relieve insomnia, to calm people with mania / schizophrenia, and intravenously as a sedative and nervous tension or prior to surgery to relief the anxiety. Ativan is also be used to help in the prevention of severe alcohol withdraw symptoms such as Delirium Tremens, and DTs (God I wish I had some back then when I went thought my DT's. Ativan is a CLASS: 3-Hydroxy Benzodiazepine, yeah me I haven't forgotten these things in the last 2 years. Did I understand you to say that you are taking 4 mg. per dose that would be (2) 2 mg. tablets correct? For insomnia, 2 to 4mg taken at bedtime is the recommended dosage and it is not helping you evidently, so I am also suggesting that you see your doctor again for him to revaluate you again as this much sleep deprivation will get you down pretty soon.
    Are you taking the Trazodone for depression or for insomnia? Trazodone comes in 50mg, 100mg, 150mg, 300mg strengths, and you are taking 100 mg. does this help you better then the Ativan or have you been taking them in combination as you said you were probably going to take one this morning since the Ativan isn't working? I don't like people taking Trazodone for long term because it has been known to cause liver damage with long-term use. The plus to this drug it that it is not habit forming. I don't really like you mixing the Ativan and the Trazodone as the Trazodone can make the affects of the Ativan intensify. Please see you doctor and you and him sit down and try to work out a dosage increase of one drug or the other or change to a different sedative, you body might have built up a tolerance to the Ativan if you have been taking it for a long time.
    Yes, when I drank I would drink and drink till I literally passed out I could not stop I over medicated with alcohol and it almost killed me.
    Please do two things for me 1. See your doctor and reevaluate you medicines at over medication will catch up with you sooner or later and 2. Talk to me you can talk to me about anything that is bothering you, I do not mind we all need someone to talk to. And well I am thinking about it are you seeing a counselor or psychiatrist I really feel like you feel very lost and alone and need to talk it through. I am here for you anytime you want to talk to me.
    Also, it takes spouses a long time to trust us again it has only been the last year that when I come from school (college classes) late that my husband dosen't want to smell my breath when I walk in the door, still beleivng that my lateness might be because I stopped to induldge in my past addiction. It tookl me 4 years to get my husband and daughter to trust me that when I go some where that I am not going to get drunk, I lost there trust by lying to them so many times that I was working late or something but instead I was drinking and it took alot to get it back.
    Well good night my friend I wish you well and I hope that you have also gone to bed by now. Please try to see the doc and get you medicine changed or dosage changed so you will not keep over medicating, ok.
    Talk to you later, I hope that you get some sleep and have a great day.

    Love & Happiness
    ~Autumn~
    __________________
    "A journey of a thousand miles begins w/ a single step."


    "THE ONLY LIMITATIONS WE HAVE ARE THE ONES WE IMPOSE ON OURSELVES."

    ~AUTUMN~

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Losing my hair at 26. Who is gonna want me?...Im getting real depressed Help! Mr.G Relationship Health 51 10-29-2008 01:04 AM
    What are the risk of stopping HBP medicine? Is it true Im gonna die? perfectlove3952 High & Low Blood Pressure 6 10-25-2007 10:28 AM
    Is my husband ever gonna trust me again pamelareichert Bipolar Disorder 32 07-15-2007 10:07 AM
    Help I'm gonna die! (prolactinoma) Peralph Open to All Other Health Topics 10 07-17-2004 12:15 AM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is On
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:56 PM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!