It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Who's awake on this Graveyard Shift???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-16-2004, 10:38 PM   #31
    John 808
    Inactive

John 808 HB User
    Re: Who's awake on this Graveyard Shift???

Nope, not asleep just yet. Curled up with some Oreos and Jaws 2 is on television....but I do feel a little sleepy, so all is not lost yet!

Hey, now, I am not out of the woods, yet and you better not jinx me!!! I guess you didn't see my other post where the inlaws were coming tomorrow night. That's when I really dipped into the pills- to get me through those little visits, so, I gotta get through tomorrow night without ANYTHING! That will be true test!

Stay tuned for the continuing story.............
    Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2004, 10:42 PM   #32
    kindaunwell
    Inactive

kindaunwell HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spark-o-cet
    im back on the graveyard shift and our taper man is aok get my drift-spark

Hey,Spark

nice to hear from you, and I am glad you broke the good news about our very own Good Merlin doing alright......I won't ask for your sources, but will he be back on the Board anytime soon (???) Alot of people have been asking about him for quite some time.....

What else is up with you Spark(???)

(A little Happier) Kinda-unwell

Old 01-16-2004, 10:45 PM   #33
    John 808
    Inactive

John 808 HB User

Yeah, Spark, won't get too nosy, but is he okay? Just the "concerned Mommy" in me- always worry, worry, worry!

Tell him we miss him!
    michelle

Old 01-16-2004, 10:50 PM   #34
    spark-o-cet
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

spark-o-cet HB User

yes and im doin really well at this point.been opiate free for 5days now and have really felt good today friday.it keeps gettin better and better just like phil said it would.still havin trouble sleeping guess you know that or i wouldnt be on right now.i think philsters story is what helped me to get to this point where im at just doin the little things in life sober rather than doped up all the time really makes a difference.im lookin forward to each day know that im over the jonesin but iv still got a long way to go to stay clean.get some shuteye-spark

Old 01-16-2004, 10:56 PM   #35
    ddanna

ddanna HB User

Good Evening Kinda!!

Maybe I should have given the full name of NAC...it's n-acetyl-cysteine. That's okay if you've never heard of it...I do a lot of searches anyway. I did read that it helps the liver, kind of like milk thistle but I'm wondering if taking those supplements makes a difference with the hydro working? Thank you for your positive words though. Do you think you'll be getting sleepy anytime soon? Hey, is it true you can order Chinese food at 5 in the morning there if you want? I saw that on "Friends" last nite!! NY has always seemed exciting to me...I guess I could see your point on how it would get old though. S. Calif. is definately fun but in a more casual, layed back kind of way. I love the beaches as well...those dark glasses are a must, for sure! I don't know if you've ever been to Lake Havasu in AZ but it is VERY crazy there...way worse than any beach in Calif., I think. 9 out of 10 people there are HOT, HOT, HOT! Seems every generation is getting so much better looking than the one before. Well, I just wanted to take a peek and see if anyone was still up...give you some boring feedback so you have something to read here!! Hee Hee!! I'm going to do a few more searches before I go to sleep...my kids are still up watching "SWAT" so I have some free time. Please tell me you are about ready to get some sleep??? Good luck with that.

Ddanna

P.S. Spark ~ I am also SOOOOO happy that you told us that taper man is ok!!! Miss him.

Last edited by ddanna; 01-16-2004 at 11:13 PM.

Old 01-16-2004, 11:19 PM   #36
    kindaunwell
    Inactive

kindaunwell HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spark-o-cet
    yes and im doin really well at this point.been opiate free for 5days now and have really felt good today friday.it keeps gettin better and better just like phil said it would.still havin trouble sleeping guess you know that or i wouldnt be on right now.i think philsters story is what helped me to get to this point where im at just doin the little things in life sober rather than doped up all the time really makes a difference.im lookin forward to each day know that im over the jonesin but iv still got a long way to go to stay clean.get some shuteye-spark

WAy to go spark!! Boy your posts tonight are just filled with good news,eh? If I remember right, days 4 and 5 are like getting over the 'Breakers", theres still alot more waves to get past, but the odds slowly start to favor you, now..... Have you done this before???
    Anyway, congradulations, again and post to us nightowls if the insomnia keeps at you or if you just feel like talking. Oh,Yeah, Tell Merlin I wish him well.....

Take Good CARE, Spark

(Just happy formy friends)

Kinda-unwell

Old 01-17-2004, 06:40 AM   #37
    kindaunwell
    Inactive

kindaunwell HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kindaunwell
    WAy to go spark!! Boy your posts tonight are just filled with good news,eh? If I remember right, days 4 and 5 are like getting over the 'Breakers", theres still alot more waves to get past, but the odds slowly start to favor you, now..... Have you done this before???
    Anyway, congradulations, again and post to us nightowls if the insomnia keeps at you or if you just feel like talking. Oh,Yeah, Tell Merlin I wish him well.....

Take Good CARE, Spark

(Just happy formy friends)

Kinda-unwell

Good morning to All !!!!

Well, its about 9AM and I still haven't gotten to sleep yet. I did hear sone good news on the "grave-yard" shift early this morning....>>>>> It seems Spark sent us a flash saying that "The Good Merlin,--- Taper Man. is begining to feel better. But I guess, he's still not up to Posting yet..... How does spark-o-cet get this kind of "Breaking News" first ???? Well, anyway, it is goog news, and I'm sure every one here is happy to hear it. Thanks, Spark and tell him we all have been pulling for him........ And you too, going on your 6th day of "cold- turkey !!! Way to go spark-o-cet !!!! How do you feel today ???. So, who else sits in front of their computer at 9:00 AM . Some of you guys and ladies I am not too familiar with, so I generally stay out of your posts...... But today, in NYC, theres a little sun out right now, and that frezzing cold- spell seems to have gone away, for now!

Well Everyone, Take Good Care....

(Not afraid of the Sun anymore!)

Kinda-unwell

Old 01-17-2004, 06:49 AM   #38
    yinksy
    Inactive

yinksy HB User

Top o the mornin to Not afaid of the Sun anymore Kinda-unwell,

Ho ho ho - so still cold over there. Freezing here too - but beautiful - the hills are all covered in snow. The kids have all gone snow boarding!
    So Kinda - wotcha up to today? Riding the trains? Hey - I can just picture the scene - you and me riding the trains guessing who's going to fall asleep first!
    Well - I nearly came to find you last night - bad night - up in the wee small hours - thought of entertaining myself on the computer - but couldnt bear to get out of bed into the cold!

Think I'll take the dog for a walk in the hills - too good to miss!

It will be a "tired" day to trudge thro today - but no matter - I am off!

Hope your day goes OK? Carpe diem!

Y

Old 01-17-2004, 06:58 AM   #39
    yinksy
    Inactive

yinksy HB User

yoohoo kinda?

Old 01-17-2004, 07:03 AM   #40
    lisaaahubb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lisaaahubb HB User

hey Kindaunwell...i am an east coaster too....i have been online since about 6:30 a.m. I don't have too much insomnia, i just get up at the crack of dawn!!! My two year old has taken on my sleeping habits too...NOT GOOD!!!
    Well i just wanted to say "hi" to a fellow east coaster....it is not too cold here today about 25 or so....
    I am searching for an addictionologist myself...and i guess it is just trial and error til you find one that you are comfortable with. What exactly do they do....are they like a shrink....i don't know i am contemplating suboxone....gotta stop this pain pill madness, i have 3 kids (ages 14, 12, and 2) and i know they deserve a "sober" mom. I kicked booze and coke in the mid 90's ...but these dam pain pills are a whole different story.
    Well i just thought i would say "HI" and hope you have a good weekend and get some dam sleep!!!!!!
    LISA

Old 01-17-2004, 07:09 AM   #41
    yinksy
    Inactive

yinksy HB User

So Lisa - how are you?

Old 01-17-2004, 07:52 AM   #42
    John 808
    Inactive

John 808 HB User

Kinda must have nodded off (finally) this morning.

You go your days and nights mixed up, Yankee!

Talk to me,
    The belle from the south

Old 01-17-2004, 11:47 AM   #43
    kindaunwell
    Inactive

kindaunwell HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yinksy
    Top o the mornin to Not afaid of the Sun anymore Kinda-unwell,

Ho ho ho - so still cold over there. Freezing here too - but beautiful - the hills are all covered in snow. The kids have all gone snow boarding!
    So Kinda - wotcha up to today? Riding the trains? Hey - I can just picture the scene - you and me riding the trains guessing who's going to fall asleep first!
    Well - I nearly came to find you last night - bad night - up in the wee small hours - thought of entertaining myself on the computer - but couldnt bear to get out of bed into the cold!

Think I'll take the dog for a walk in the hills - too good to miss!

It will be a "tired" day to trudge thro today - but no matter - I am off!

Hope your day goes OK? Carpe diem!

Y

Hi Ya, yinksy

I was just wondering, if I send this post to you at say 2:45 PM, what time do you actually get a chance to read it and reply if you feel like it ......

Anway, no sleep yet. but I am beginning to take it as it comes. I am much more passionate in the late night hours. I don't know why but I feel more passionate and communicative.

What are you still having trouble with (Besides me!!) LOL!!! If you really read between the lines of my previous post to you, I think you will be able to see that I really do blieve (NO DOUBT AT ALL) in all that you have said, and will try to use your words of encouragement. I mean that,
    yinksy...... Like I said Before, sometimes you made me laugh, and at other times you were the right person, to give me the "hollering at' that I needed, to stay focused
    I hope this "over the pond" relationship still stays with us after I get over this final hurdle. I wouldn't want to lose you as a friend,yinksy

It may take this stubborn Irishman alittle
    more time to do it, but with you on my side, I know I will beat it

Thanks, yinksy

( A Keep ON TRUCKING Through) Kina-unwell

Old 01-17-2004, 12:48 PM   #44
    kindaunwell
    Inactive

kindaunwell HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BadAttitude
    Hi, Kindaunwell

I see that you are still not getting any sleep.
    Did you call the doctor today about getting something to help you sleep?
    Well I am online and will be for a while if you want to talk, I am working on some school work and will check back in a little while to see if you want to talk.

Love & Happiness
    ~Autumn~

Hey BadAttitude'

I hope you don't mind me using this thread in order to see if you were "out there" yet. seems to be a quiet day on the Board today. Maybe that means more people are comming off the stuff and don't have a need to come back to the Board

Old 01-17-2004, 07:18 PM   #45
    rosietee
    Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

I am glad, too that phil is ok and I am so impressed with spark's recovery. Way to go!! I want to get there too!

Sorry was so busy with my husband's birthday (we went out a few times) and now his old college roomate is spending the evening with us, so haven't had much of a chance to chat. computer still with us, though.

Don't stay up too late you guys!

rosietee

Last edited by rosietee; 01-17-2004 at 11:04 PM.

Closed Thread