It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Who's awake on this Graveyard Shift???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-17-2004, 10:42 PM   #46
    BadAttitude

BadAttitude HB User
    Re: Who's awake on this Graveyard Shift???

[QUOTE=kindaunwell]Hey BadAttitude'

I hope you don't mind me using this thread in order to see if you were "out there" yet. seems to be a quiet day on the Board today. Maybe that means more people are comming off the stuff and don't have a need to come back to the Board

"THE ONLY LIMITATIONS WE HAVE ARE THE ONES WE IMPOSE ON OURSELVES."

~AUTUMN~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2004, 12:37 AM   #47
    kindaunwell
    Inactive

kindaunwell HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BadAttitude
    Hi, Kinda
    I popped in a few times last night to see if anyone was around I did not see you on so I was hoping that you got some sleep. I am so over whelmed with school work right know so I am spending alot of time on that, I will pop in one or twice night to check you and how you are doing and if you are online or not.
    Take care.
    ~Autumn~
    ``

Hi Ya, BadAttitude

I see what you mean about there not being much action going on, this morning! What do you suppose it means ???? That there are more people who were "cold-turkeying" and have gotten past the insomnia stage (???).Or the ones who are still taking, are taking them around bedtime so they can get some "normal" sleep (???) Well too bad for me and wanting to talk to someone, BUT I guess its good for every one else that they are getting some decent sleep hours in.....

MY Pain Doctor told me to double up on the Ativan and the herbal stuff, and wait until this Tuesday ,when I see him. He says Insomnia and the types of Medications I might need, He is not that familiar with. I got a feeling this here Football (Me) is about to get Punted "to another team" Too bad though, WE had a good trustfull relationship between him and me (That is,when I wasn't ********ing him for more drugs....) LOL!!!! I guess I'll just wait and see.....
    Anyway write when you can, and I'll cover the 'graveyard shift alone". This will give me time to post my entire drug hisory (from age 11 and up ).
    Then I'll delete it all before anyone can read it, and I'll feel so much better inside for having it all purged from my soul!( unless I Cut, Copy And paste it on my personal page. HHmmmmmmm.....) Well, keep studying hard Autumn, when you want somthing, it seems like nothing can hold you back !!!!!!

PS--- if there are any lurkers out there , NOW is your time to post me ,cause I don't yell critcise, or condemm anyone. I just listen to your story, and when I can, I' ll offer some advise for you, But if I can't help, I'll just listen and understand, And the best part is we will never really know each other's names or faces, Right !!!! Come on, you do know how to type,

Don't YA !!!!!! ............

see ya later, Bad Attitude......

(just rocking in my chair, and looking into the hole........) ( get it, yinksy )

kinda-unwell

Old 01-18-2004, 12:45 AM   #48
    John 808
    Inactive

John 808 HB User

Hey ya'll,

I am up- it only 2:30 in the morning here in the deep south! My one year old just woke me up screaming- she was attemtping to climb out of her crib and had gotten her foot stuck- so, I am wide awake now!

Yeah, there weren't many people posting all day yesterday. Wonder wha't up? Sobriety, maybe? I know that is a good thing, but I came to the boards three or four times and there were no new posts????? I was a little lonely- chef finally posted one about dreams!

Kinda, you still rocking? ( I guess that is something b/t you and Yinsky- don't get it.)

I am going downstairs to see if anything good, old movies are on. I'll check back in a little while,
    Michelle

Old 01-18-2004, 01:12 AM   #49
    kindaunwell
    Inactive

kindaunwell HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by John 3:16
    Hey ya'll,

I am up- it only 2:30 in the morning here in the deep south! My one year old just woke me up screaming- she was attemtping to climb out of her crib and had gotten her foot stuck- so, I am wide awake now!

Yeah, there weren't many people posting all day yesterday. Wonder wha't up? Sobriety, maybe? I know that is a good thing, but I came to the boards three or four times and there were no new posts????? I was a little lonely- chef finally posted one about dreams!

Kinda, you still rocking? ( I guess that is something b/t you and Yinsky- don't get it.)

I am going downstairs to see if anything good, old movies are on. I'll check back in a little while,
    Michelle

Halt! Who Goes There ??? (says the night watchman !!!) HiYa, John 3:16

Thought you caught me with my eyes closed, did ya ??? Well we NYC'ers know how to sleep with one eye open all the time! LOL!! Its even taught to young kids in school, if they have to ride the trains and buses !!!!

How come you are still awake ?, I thought you had most of that insomnia under control......
    But you are right about it being a quiet night. Hey, maybe there was a party somewhere that we didn't get invited too ??? LOL!!!
    At 4 AM, Thats when we would head for the "after Hours" Clubs in the City.... WHAT do yo say , wanna go !!!LOL!!! Anyway,Michelle, you shoul be getting some "shut-eye" and be prepared for tomorrow's activities......

Have a Good NIGHT John 3:16

( I'll Be Here )............

Kinda-unwell

Old 01-18-2004, 01:41 AM   #50
    yinksy
    Inactive

yinksy HB User

Kinda
    You can rock to your heart's content - just dont fall off that rocker into the chasm!!!!!
    How's u anyway?
    me

Old 01-18-2004, 01:48 AM   #51
    yinksy
    Inactive

yinksy HB User

OK - was so looking forward to hearing the confessions of a passionate sinful Irishman! Come on, KInda - I am all ears! Maybe you have gone and fallen asleep? LOL
    Sorry - yep - can be rotten too!
    Are you still around or have you finally gone off for the night. Tuis 9.50 am in the morning hear - bacon on etc
    Then, of course, off to Mass! ho ho ho - will light a candle for you - or 10?
    yer lass

Old 01-18-2004, 01:56 AM   #52
    yinksy
    Inactive

yinksy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kindaunwell
    ``

Hi Ya, BadAttitude

I see what you mean about there not being much action going on, this morning! What do you suppose it means ???? That there are more people who were "cold-turkeying" and have gotten past the insomnia stage (???).Or the ones who are still taking, are taking them around bedtime so they can get some "normal" sleep (???) Well too bad for me and wanting to talk to someone, BUT I guess its good for every one else that they are getting some decent sleep hours in.....

MY Pain Doctor told me to double up on the Ativan and the herbal stuff, and wait until this Tuesday ,when I see him. He says Insomnia and the types of Medications I might need, He is not that familiar with. I got a feeling this here Football (Me) is about to get Punted "to another team" Too bad though, WE had a good trustfull relationship between him and me (That is,when I wasn't *************** him for more drugs....) LOL!!!! I guess I'll just wait and see.....
    Anyway write when you can, and I'll cover the 'graveyard shift alone". This will give me time to post my entire drug hisory (from age 11 and up ).
    Then I'll delete it all before anyone can read it, and I'll feel so much better inside for having it all purged from my soul!( unless I Cut, Copy And paste it on my personal page. HHmmmmmmm.....) Well, keep studying hard Autumn, when you want somthing, it seems like nothing can hold you back !!!!!!

PS--- if there are any lurkers out there , NOW is your time to post me ,cause I don't yell critcise, or condemm anyone. I just listen to your story, and when I can, I' ll offer some advise for you, But if I can't help, I'll just listen and understand, And the best part is we will never really know each other's names or faces, Right !!!! Come on, you do know how to type,

Don't YA !!!!!! ............

see ya later, Bad Attitude......

(just rocking in my chair, and looking into the hole........) ( get it, yinksy )

kinda-unwell
    Hey Footie,

FWIW - I think your pain doctor should be shot for that advice! Its criminal! Well! Kinda - you are going to have to take some action on your own - take control and stay away from those appalling doctors. Do you ever wonder about where their knowledge comes from? Maybe the bumph from the pharmaceuticals? Lots of backhanders going on?
    The only place they will punt you to is down another black hole! Come on kinda - you know that's true? You are so close now to getting there?
    Good god - kinda - if you double up on your ativan you will be taking about 50 a night? Coma should relieve some of the insomnia I suppose!
    Ho hum................

No speeking to me this morning?

Old 01-18-2004, 03:00 AM   #53
    kindaunwell
    Inactive

kindaunwell HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yinksy
    Kinda
    You can rock to your heart's content - just dont fall off that rocker into the chasm!!!!!
    How's u anyway?
    me

Hey, Lass

What are you doing home on this Sunday morning (???). If it is 4:45AM now, in NYC, I would think it is 9:45 over in the land of those Scots. Should't "you" be in church with them.???. I've often wondered what goes on in those Prod churches. Don't try to tell me they are just like ours >>>> Boring, money taking, rigid, and filled with hypocites....lol!!! Sorry yinksy, I didn't mean to offend ya... Sometimes it just comes right out of my mouth before I can stop it... Its either that or you are sitting down right in front of your computer wiht flannel p.j.'s on and a warm robe having your first cup of tea. Oh yea, I almost forgot with your
    hair filled with curlers !! LOL !!!

Anyway, its been another one of those 30 something hrs of insomnia with an hour or two of sleep thrown in with it. I just sit here looking into that bottomless pit, and I can actually feel it tugging at me. All the professionals tell me these pills are design to help people like me get a full night sleep. Thats when the chair rocks forward, But my memory's fear of all pills and the posts you have sent to me in both knowledge and common sense, that makes the chair rock back...
    Its very confussing, and I seem to be so "wishy-washy" standing on the edge,it semms whoever is talking to me at that paticular point in time is able to convince me to do it... this is how I use to get into trouble when I was much younger... In the end I know I am The one To deciede. I have an appt. to see the pain doctor on this Tuesday morning. I've already told him I ain't normal, what seems work on other people doesn't even put a dent in me. He wants to have my thyroid chekout also.

Well, me Lass, is that enough "Bum news" for you this early in the morning. I'll say no more about it then !!!
    Come on, and write me something light and funny from either your child hood ,or even up till now. (I bet the first boy you ever kissed was a strong ,quit Irish boy) and then you took off running through the
    hills for the safety of your house, Right!! LOL!!!
    Okay, now I got you smiling, so write back lightheartrfly ans silly. It is Sunday,ya know,---Tis a day of rest...........

( Smiling meself )..........

kinda-unwell

Old 01-18-2004, 03:23 AM   #54
    kindaunwell
    Inactive

kindaunwell HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yinksy
    Hey Footie,

FWIW - I think your pain doctor should be shot for that advice! Its criminal! Well! Kinda - you are going to have to take some action on your own - take control and stay away from those appalling doctors. Do you ever wonder about where their knowledge comes from? Maybe the bumph from the pharmaceuticals? Lots of backhanders going on?
    The only place they will punt you to is down another black hole! Come on kinda - you know that's true? You are so close now to getting there?
    Good god - kinda - if you double up on your ativan you will be taking about 50 a night? Coma should relieve some of the insomnia I suppose!
    Ho hum................

No speeking to me this morning?

WoW, that came at me like a blast of cold water on the face! I'll respecet your wishes and not speak with you anymore this morning, but please get back to me in the afternoon, so I can hear more of what you have to say.....

(A Cool Dude Now )

Kinda-unwell

Old 01-18-2004, 03:40 AM   #55
    kindaunwell
    Inactive

kindaunwell HB User

Quote:
    WoW, that came at me like a blast of cold water on the face! I'll respecet your wishes and not speak with you anymore this morning, but please get back to me in the afternoon, so I can hear more of what you have to say.....

(A Cool Dude Now )

Kinda-unwell

Hey yinksy, was that your 'short' post to me just now,calling me "FOOTSIE" and saying all that 'Hard-core" stuff about my deceision making (??? ). After I just wrote you that warm fuzzy, funny post. Whats up???? (Never heard that before from you!!! )

( A Shaken-up )

Kinda-unwell

Old 01-18-2004, 03:48 AM   #56
    kindaunwell
    Inactive

kindaunwell HB User

Quote:
    Hey yinksy, was that your 'short' post to me just now,calling me "FOOTSIE" and saying all that 'Hard-core" stuff about my deceision making (??? ). After I just wrote you that warm fuzzy, funny post. Whats up???? (Never heard that before from you!!! )

( A Shaken-up )

Kinda-unwell

Hey BadAttitude

Just giving a shout out

to ya to see if you were up (??????? )

Kinda-unwell

Old 01-18-2004, 05:21 AM   #57
    yinksy
    Inactive

yinksy HB User
    Cool Re: Who's awake on this Graveyard Shift???

Hey a shaken up cool dude kinda unwell,

(Called you a footie - as in football - as you are going to be bounced from doctor to doctor??!!)

Calling me a prod will get you nowhere! Is that the best insult you can hurl at me? Naw - afraid I am stuck with the old religion - all bells and smells! Well - today was the miracle of the marriage feast at Cana! LOL Beat that?

OK - wont shout at you today! Well - might later!

Tales from the old days? Like the time during confirmation when we were all carrying candles and I lit the veil of the girl in front and set the whole place on fire! NOT funny! That girl became my bridesmaid - would you believe!!!!
    But there are so many tales of convent school girl life I wouldnt know where to begin. Give me some time..................

Hey - did you read the terrible news in the papers this morning? - an awful tragedy in Dublin - the Irish National Library has been burned down - desperate news - both books have been destroyed and one hasn't even been coloured in yet!

Am going to get offline now. My daughter has just phoned - she is down south at university and has managed to cut off the top of her finger - so I told her to get along to Accident and Emergency asap. Poor kid has exams tomorrow!

Hey Kinda - you got kids?

yer Irish Eyes!

Last edited by yinksy; 01-18-2004 at 05:26 AM.

Old 01-18-2004, 05:58 AM   #58
    John 808
    Inactive

John 808 HB User

Good orning, you two!

I have to go get ready for church- and no, it's not rigid, Kinda, I would be willing to bet (except that Baptists don't bet ) that my pastor could actually put a smile on your face. He is hilarious! That is one reason we like it so much! So, there is a good reason to come visit me in the south- to go to my good ole Baptist church and then to my house for chicken and dumplings!
    I'll check back on you later,

Good morning, Yinsky!

Michelle

Old 01-18-2004, 07:55 AM   #59
    kindaunwell
    Inactive

kindaunwell HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by John 3:16
    Good orning, you two!

I have to go get ready for church- and no, it's not rigid, Kinda, I would be willing to bet (except that Baptists don't bet ) that my pastor could actually put a smile on your face. He is hilarious! That is one reason we like it so much! So, there is a good reason to come visit me in the south- to go to my good ole Baptist church and then to my house for chicken and dumplings!
    I'll check back on you later,

Good morning, Yinsky!

Michelle

HI, John3:16

How ya doing ??? I saw from your post there was no mention of the in-laws >>>>> so maybe that went over smooth enough (?) after all it was your first time seeing them straight, right ? DID they know what has been up with you lately??
    Those "cracks" I made about" rigid, money hungry and being hypocrites was my opinion of my own church (roman catholic IMHO) not about any one else's churh. Besides I have never been to a protestant church. as I said to yinksy awhile back, I pretty much lost my religiondown the road aways, along time ago.And if saying the word"PROD" intead of
    protestant was an insult, then I apologise..... It was just a bad habit I picked up while growing up in an Irish neiborhood. mw wife is protestant and she can't get me to go tomy own church, never mineher andher mothers. But I'll wait out back and come home with your family if it means I get to eat some "Original, home-cooked" fried chicken!!! And the dumplings sound good too. I always get a plate of them when my wife and I are eatting Chinese.

Well I think I better go mend some fences withme Lass from over the big pond, as they say...

IN-laws, going to church and cooking for everyone, plus keeping up with the little ones and cleaning the house,>>>all wrapped-up in a 110 pound body (Or is it a 108 pound bony now!!!!)
    You are one tough lady, Michelle, and you should be very proud of yourself and your resolve!!! Maybe the folks back home can't appreciate it that much, but to the people on this Board ,you have performed a small mini-miracle. And now your status should be upgraded to "Senior Veteran"

Have a great day Michelle, and remember 'this here Yankee just loves fried chicken and Dunplins".......
    Well. I guess I better go for now.
    Write back later when you can....

(A Hungry) Kindaunwell

Old 01-18-2004, 08:03 AM   #60
    yinksy
    Inactive

yinksy HB User

Aha!
    Bonjour mon cher ami!
    Y

Closed Thread