HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Addiction & Recovery (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/addiction-recovery/)
-   -   Who's awake on this Graveyard Shift??? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/addiction-recovery/142290-whos-awake-graveyard-shift.html)

kindaunwell 01-14-2004 10:25 PM

Who's awake on this Graveyard Shift???

Hi, to whoever is still awake!!
I made an Insoniac's worst mistake!!! >>>> I ended up taking a 4 hour sleep from around 7:00PM to 10:30PM earlier tonight, so I know there will be NO SLEEP for me now. I don't think even medication will put me to sleep...
BadAttitude >>> you still working the graveyard shift, or did you switch to P.M.'s. LOL!!!
Rosie, did you make it to the meeting last night. Lets see, its only 10:20PM out in Cal. ,so maybe you're still there???. And even if you didn't go, come on line and talk to me about it. I "certainly" will understand.... Hey yinksy, I haven't heard from you in awhile. How have things been going for you,Lass ???
Anybody else out there feel like talking. I feel like it....

(As he hollers into the void)
Kinda-unwell

BadAttitude 01-14-2004 11:20 PM

Re: Who's awake on this Graveyard Shift???

[QUOTE=kindaunwell]Hi, to whoever is still awake!!
I made an Insoniac's worst mistake!!! >>>> I ended up taking a 4 hour sleep from around 7:00PM to 10:30PM earlier tonight, so I know there will be NO SLEEP for me now. I don't think even medication will put me to sleep...
BadAttitude >>> you still working the graveyard shift, or did you switch to P.M.'s. LOL!!!
Rosie, did you make it to the meeting last night. Lets see, its only 10:20PM out in Cal. ,so maybe you're still there???. And even if you didn't go, come on line and talk to me about it. I "certainly" will understand.... Hey yinksy, I haven't heard from you in awhile. How have things been going for you,Lass ???
Anybody else out there feel like talking. I feel like it....

(As he hollers into the void)
Kinda-unwell[/QUOTE]

Hey, Kindaunwell
Well I can relate to making the same mistake have done the same thing several times in the last few weeks. I am going to try to hit the bed about 3 a.m. this morning I am going to take some Tyenol PM to help me sleep at I have classes (college class) and I need to try and get a little shut eye before class. It's like 2:19 a.m. here so I will be on here for about another 45 minutes if you want to talk. Yeah, I wonder if Rosie went to the NA meeting or not, if she did I would love to hear how ot went for her.

Love & Happiness
~Autumn~

kindaunwell 01-14-2004 11:44 PM

[QUOTE=BadAttitude]Hey, Kindaunwell
Well I can relate to making the same mistake have done the same thing several times in the last few weeks. I am going to try to hit the bed about 3 a.m. this morning I am going to take some Tyenol PM to help me sleep at I have classes (college class) and I need to try and get a little shut eye before class. It's like 2:19 a.m. here so I will be on here for about another 45 minutes if you want to talk. Yeah, I wonder if Rosie went to the NA meeting or not, if she did I would love to hear how ot went for her.

Love & Happiness
~Autumn~[/QUOTE]

Hi,BadAttitude
Good luck on getting to sleep early today (3:00AM <<<I guess that is early for you (us) isn't it ???). I gotten afew hits on my "graveyard"post, but I guess no one feels like talking. Or they are just Lurkers, who haven't begun to post yet!!! I did that for a month or two myself.

Well, we will talk again some other time. I hope your class goes well for you. And your Mind is alert!! .....

(Waiting at the Void)
Kinda-unwell

BadAttitude 01-15-2004 12:36 AM

[QUOTE=kindaunwell]Hi,BadAttitude
Good luck on getting to sleep early today (3:00AM <<<I guess that is early for you (us) isn't it ???). I gotten afew hits on my "graveyard"post, but I guess no one feels like talking. Or they are just Lurkers, who haven't begun to post yet!!! I did that for a month or two myself.

Well, we will talk again some other time. I hope your class goes well for you. And your Mind is alert!! .....

(Waiting at the Void)
Kinda-unwell[/QUOTE]

Hi, Kindaunwell
Haven't made it to bed yet as I had planned up doing some reading for my class tomorrow and also doing some research. You still can't sleep ? Are you going to go back to the doctors and see about getting a medication change to help you sleep?
Well will be on here for a few more minutes if you want to talk.

Love & Happiness
~Autumn~

rosietee 01-15-2004 12:39 AM

Hi, kinda, I did post about the meeting under the NA thread.

On the subject of insomnia:
You had asked me before about my insomnia, and it has always been caused by anxiety and/or depression. The first anti-depressant I tried was trazadone and I just loved being able to go to sleep! I think it helped a little with my depression, but I felt a little too groggy during the day and I stopped it. (I am on Prozac now) But if I use the trazadone for sleep now it makes me feel panicky for some reason. I love the way ambien makes me feel. It really helps, but I develop a tolerance really fast. My ob/gyn has been calling it in for me, but doesn't like me to be on it every night, so I have been trying to take half a pill and stretch it out a little before a try for a refill. (she might not go for it, though) I used to take Prosom and that worked pretty well too. It was awhile ago, so I don't remember the non-brand name of it. I did OD on those once, but that is a whole nuther story. (didn't want to die and knew I wouldn't on those, but was really depressed and in a bad situation and wanted to sleep for a looong time, but ended up in the hospital for a week. It was after my late husband committed suicide) I did get Halcion once and that stuff worked great, but when the doctor found out I was taking it every night for a week, he cut me off (I heard nasty things can happen to you from that stuff). When I am really dying for sleep in the past I have just reached for anything I could get, benzos, pain pills, alcohol, just for the sleep. But in the state we are in now, that of course is not an option.

To be honest, if you can make yourself do it, exercise and a good yoga video are the best for me. Just haven't been doing that lately. The kids don't go to sleep until 10 and that's the only time I get to talk to my husband, and it is hard to get motivated to go downstairs and exercise, even though I know I won't sleep.

okay, I have rambled enough. Reading this might just be the best cure for your insomnia, kinda. I'm picturing you face down in front of your computer by now.

Talk to you later and stay warm. (It was in the 80's here today!) I went to college in upstate New York and decided I had to get away from that weather (much worse than in the city).

Thanks for thinking about me,
rose

rosietee 01-15-2004 12:45 AM

Okay, I guess my last post put everyone to sleep, so I'm going to bed now and hopefully I'll sleep too. (until my 5:00 dose anyway)

Good night everyone, as always, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

rose

kindaunwell 01-15-2004 12:45 AM

[QUOTE=BadAttitude]Hi, Kindaunwell
Haven't made it to bed yet as I had planned up doing some reading for my class tomorrow and also doing some research. You still can't sleep ? Are you going to go back to the doctors and see about getting a medication change to help you sleep?
Well will be on here for a few more minutes if you want to talk.

Love & Happiness
~Autumn~[/QUOTE]

BadAttitude.
I probably will stay up the rest of the night, and into the day. I will call the doc at 9:30. Cause something has to change here. I know over-medicating will get me addicted muck quicker than usual. But I want my sleep time back!!!!! Oh, by the way, Rosie just posted she did go to the meeting .More on that later.....

Kinda-unwell

BadAttitude 01-15-2004 01:00 AM

[QUOTE=rosietee]Hi, kinda, I did post about the meeting under the NA thread.

On the subject of insomnia:
You had asked me before about my insomnia, and it has always been caused by anxiety and/or depression. The first anti-depressant I tried was trazadone and I just loved being able to go to sleep! I think it helped a little with my depression, but I felt a little too groggy during the day and I stopped it. (I am on Prozac now) But if I use the trazadone for sleep now it makes me feel panicky for some reason. I love the way ambien makes me feel. It really helps, but I develop a tolerance really fast. My ob/gyn has been calling it in for me, but doesn't like me to be on it every night, so I have been trying to take half a pill and stretch it out a little before a try for a refill. (she might not go for it, though) I used to take Prosom and that worked pretty well too. It was awhile ago, so I don't remember the non-brand name of it. I did OD on those once, but that is a whole nuther story. (didn't want to die and knew I wouldn't on those, but was really depressed and in a bad situation and wanted to sleep for a looong time, but ended up in the hospital for a week. It was after my late husband committed suicide) I did get Halcion once and that stuff worked great, but when the doctor found out I was taking it every night for a week, he cut me off (I heard nasty things can happen to you from that stuff). When I am really dying for sleep in the past I have just reached for anything I could get, benzos, pain pills, alcohol, just for the sleep. But in the state we are in now, that of course is not an option.

To be honest, if you can make yourself do it, exercise and a good yoga video are the best for me. Just haven't been doing that lately. The kids don't go to sleep until 10 and that's the only time I get to talk to my husband, and it is hard to get motivated to go downstairs and exercise, even though I know I won't sleep.

okay, I have rambled enough. Reading this might just be the best cure for your insomnia, kinda. I'm picturing you face down in front of your computer by now.

Talk to you later and stay warm. (It was in the 80's here today!) I went to college in upstate New York and decided I had to get away from that weather (much worse than in the city).

Thanks for thinking about me,
rose[/QUOTE]

Hi, Rosie
Do I don't think you are rambling, I am very greatful that you replied not only to my post but also about how your NA meeting went. I am sorry that this meeting wasn't the right one for you but keep trying and you will find the right one that you feel comfortable in.

So sorry to hear that you also have problems sleeping, and that you have had to try so many sleeping pills to be able to get some sleep. I don't have problems sleeping persay I only have problems sleeping at night. I hate sleeping at night I am a night person, I love to stay up all night that is the time I most feel the most alive and sleep during the day, my problem is society being just the opposite, I can't take college classes at 3 :00 a.m. in the morning or work at least not the types of jobs I generally do. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I went back to college don't get me wrong I love working in substance abuse but I wanted to be able to explore other areas of education while I had the oppurtunity. I will probably go back to working as a substance abuse counselor in anther 1 1/2 years after I get the two degrees that I am working on right know.
Yes, I know working out (lifting weights) always tire me out I usually spent about an hour working out and it usually makes me tired I need to quit making excuse for not working out and get back out to my garage and hit the weights.
Well I guess I will talk to you somemore tomorrow, as I better try to get some sleep or I will never make it to class tomorrow. Take care. Will talk to you sometime tomorrow night. Hope you have a great day. :)

Love & Happiness
~Autumn~

Love & Happiness
~Autumn~

kindaunwell 01-15-2004 01:01 AM

[QUOTE=rosietee]Okay, I guess my last post put everyone to sleep, so I'm going to bed now and hopefully I'll sleep too. (until my 5:00 dose anyway)

Good night everyone, as always, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

rose[/QUOTE]

Thats great news to hear,Rosie!!!!You must have more Bravardo than me. LOL!! Anyway, I read your description of how the meeting went on your other post, But I am still curious, Do the instructors act like "holy rollers or control freaks" Is there much arguing going on???? Anyone appear stoned and obnoxious??? When you can, tell me more....

(A Curious) Kinda-unwell

BadAttitude 01-15-2004 01:06 AM

[QUOTE=kindaunwell]BadAttitude.
I probably will stay up the rest of the night, and into the day. I will call the doc at 9:30. Cause something has to change here. I know over-medicating will get me addicted muck quicker than usual. But I want my sleep time back!!!!! Oh, by the way, Rosie just posted she did go to the meeting .More on that later.....

Kinda-unwell[/QUOTE]

Hi, Kindaunwell
I am going to go to bed now, I seen Rosie's update on the NA meeting and had to reply to her. And then seen your reply so I thought i would post to you real quick, yes, please do see about changing your med's not only will you be come addicted easier but sleep depervation is very bad on our body and will cause your body to do all kinds of crazy things.
I will talk to you tonight somtime I usually come one sometime after 9:00 p.m. so will talk to you some more later and you can let me know what the doc said.
I have to go to class in a few hours so I am going to take (2) Tyenol PM and hope I can get some sleep. :rolleyes:
Take care.

Love & Happiness
~Autumn~

spark-o-cet 01-15-2004 04:49 AM

sorry people i died last night and finally got some sleep after 3days and nights of no sleep.the fog is startin to lift in my head so maybe the good times are just gettin started.im sure there will be more sleepless nights ahead so ill check back again.-spark

yinksy 01-15-2004 06:23 AM

OOOOOO kinda - yep - you are right - I am going to shout at you!
Honestly - you are going to have to really look in the mirror and ask yourself what you really want!
If you want to be drug/chemical free and regain control of your life then you are going to have to be prepared for sleepless nights and discomfort until your brain has got itself sorted out. Taking ativan in the amounts which you have been taking will make you foggy and depressed etc. I am not surprised you are not sleeping - I dont think you are giving yourself a chance. The brain has its own fail safe mechanisms and sleep will come - in time. But not if you continue to take further psychotropic drugs. I simply disagree with people who advise you to go to the doctor and get further chemical remedies for sleep!
Believe me - I have been there...... done that!
Sorry to be so blunt. But the situation you find yourself in could be turned to your advantage. You have been detoxed - and this is your chance to be free at last. Are you going to sieze this chance or not?
I hope you do.
Lecture over!
I wish you all the very best!
Y

ddanna 01-15-2004 09:29 AM

Hello,

I'm just curious...this insomnia that you all are experiencing...is it from coming off pain pills? I guess I haven't read all of your guys' stories so excuse me for not knowing this. I cannot imagine how it feels to have insomnia. I have never had it although lately it seems like I have been going to bed later & later...I hope when the kids get back in school (Feb) I will get back to my 10pm curfew. What does insomnia feel like? Are you wired but know you should be sleeping? Or are you tired but can't fall asleep? Will this happen to everyone who cuts down on their pills? Why does it happen during w/d's? Here's some questions to keep you guys busy tonight! :D

Hope tonight finds you guys in bed earlier than usual! Oh and Rosie, I laughed at the comment you made about putting the night owls to sleep with your post and how you pictured them face down at their computer while reading it...too funny. I totally visualized that & LOL!!

Take care, Ddanna

kindaunwell 01-15-2004 10:05 PM

[QUOTE=yinksy]OOOOOO kinda - yep - you are right - I am going to shout at you!
Honestly - you are going to have to really look in the mirror and ask yourself what you really want!
If you want to be drug/chemical free and regain control of your life then you are going to have to be prepared for sleepless nights and discomfort until your brain has got itself sorted out. Taking ativan in the amounts which you have been taking will make you foggy and depressed etc. I am not surprised you are not sleeping - I dont think you are giving yourself a chance. The brain has its own fail safe mechanisms and sleep will come - in time. But not if you continue to take further psychotropic drugs. I simply disagree with people who advise you to go to the doctor and get further chemical remedies for sleep!
Believe me - I have been there...... done that!
Sorry to be so blunt. But the situation you find yourself in could be turned to your advantage. You have been detoxed - and this is your chance to be free at last. Are you going to sieze this chance or not?
I hope you do.
Lecture over!
I wish you all the very best!
Y[/QUOTE]

Hi Ya, yinksy

I understand what you are saying, and why you are saying it.......
And I still remember how good I felt (Not that long ago) when I was totally drug-free, except for the Celexa. And sometimes I know I can be very stubborn (Irish!!) and stupid (Irish,again!!!). Believe me, I hear it almost everyday, from my wife too, about taking the Ativan! But she just says for me to lie down next to her, close my eyes, and sleep will come to me. That was the way it use to be...... Even when I was on the opiates and other things, that was the way I could fall asleep. She just doesn't understand (Do You ???) that this time its just different than before. I just can't stand it (Mentally) when I have to wait 30 something hours, before I can get just a few hours sleep, and then it begins all over again!!! I really do hate this cycle----- and I really do hate having to take pills, that sometimes still can't defeat this insomnia. Thats when I rebert back to my old self and just start over-medicating until I finally do defeat it. Then I feel guilty and ashamed whenever I wake up....

Its not like I am doubting what you say. I agree with you. But it feels like I am back on drugs again, and I have to 'cold-turkey" again. I am soo sick of it all, and I just want to sleep, and get my mind together again... I "napped" earlier (without) any pills, when my wife and I were sitting on the couch, watching T.V., I slowly laid my head in her lap, and she started to run her fingers through my hair. Just like a shaggy dog, it felt soo pleasant, I drifted off to sleep. But when she had to get up to get ready for bed, and I was disturbed, my brain just clicked on again, and now I am wide awake, and its going on 1:00 AM!!! Theres no way I am going back to sleep again, unless I take 2 or 3 Ativan... The cycle begins again!!! So you see, I understand what you say to me, But I just can't seem to stop it, or get control of it. Do you understand what I am triing to tell ya, yinksy. And I get so mad at myself because its soo frustrating.....

Boy, I guess I lost my sense of humor this morning. Sorry!!! But I still talk alot, don't I (???).
But I do so much appreciate your posts to me. Sometimes they make me smile, and makes me think about some fun times from my past.... But sometimes I know I need A good "Hollering-at". Although I'll only take it from someone who understands what I feel like (Like You). and maybe some other people I've come to respect on this Board....
Anyway, you are probably sleeping now, so I'll go for now, and see if I can find anyone else to talk to.

Sweet Dreams,me Lass

(Just Me) Kinda-unwell

spark-o-cet 01-15-2004 10:09 PM

im here and wide awake kuw.cant sleep a wink so i just got up and watched some tv.the jones are gonna get me yet if im not carefull.anyway just checkin in on the graveyard shift-spark