It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• tapering off vicodin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-17-2004, 09:45 AM   #16
    Ryan'sDad
    Inactive

Ryan'sDad HB User
    Re: tapering off vicodin

Mic, you have gotten some sound advice. I you are taking one a day, then now is the perfect time to stop. I can only speak for myself but I do believe that the vicodin caused some headaches and some sinus problems that my doc did not pickup. Phil has an excellent idea of the taper down idea and it will probably work since your dosage is low. However if you go cold turkey you will probably experience some minor discomfort for a couple of days. There is some good non-narcotic medication for headaches, your doctor can help you with that. But I implore you to stop the vikes, I was only taking 2-3 a day and they have caused some moderate problems in my life.

I am on day two without them and I feel like I have the flu and have some moderate discomfort. I did manage to go for a brisk walk yesterday which made me feel a little better. But put the breaks on this now and find relief with a non-narcotic.

Ryan'sdad

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2004, 10:26 PM   #17
    tussionexisgood

tussionexisgood HB User
    Re: tapering off vicodin

MIC........you are only taking 2 vics a day......stop taking them if you are beginning to feel like you must have them...i started taking lortab 5's every now and then......then it led to 7.5's....eventually over about two years i was taking 6 lortab 10's at once to get desired effects......i started taking roxicodone methadone oxycontin perocet anything i could get my hands on.....it ruined my life ..........now i am taking suboxone and trying to control the cravings.......your not addicted badly yet......when i was at the point of needing help i was taking a minimal amount until i got help (about 6 percocet 5's daily)......i couldnt sleep i woke up every morning at 6am cramping and shaking .....i felt like i wanted to die........dont go down that path my friend it will kill you .

Closed Thread