It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• on day 3 --withdrawls from oxycontin 40mg

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2004, 11:59 AM   #1
    DocsGirl

DocsGirl HB User
    on day 3 --withdrawls from oxycontin 40mg

Hi everyone;

I haven't posted in a while, but I still lurk. I am on day three of c/t from oxycontin BID (twice a day), vicoden ES and valium.

I have been taking oxycontin for 2 herniated disc in my neck and Degenerate disc disease.

I have went c/t from percocet in the past but it never felt like this.

This is sooo painful i think i rather be dead. Saturday was my last day and i only took one. I started becomming very very nasty. I started fighting w/ everyone. I havent spoke to my best friend in a week. I fought with my boyfriend too. (we made up) I was soo mean to my secretary..I'm surprised she didn't quit. I had no patience. I started abusing very bad. I took 60 40mg oxyconting in less than a week. I was chewing them. I wanted to get that "feeling" back, but as we all know, that "feeling" NEVER comes back. That is when i knew i had to quit. so saturday was my last day with only 1 40mg pill. I give you a quick history...8 months on 40mg oxycontin, abusing (chewing) about 3 months, taking about 240 mg oxycontin a day.
    Well, I feel as if i rather be dead. The pain i feel throughout my body is undescribable. I really dont know how much longer i can hold out. I feel as if i want to jump out of my skin.

Does anyone have any experience going c/t off 40mg oxycontin..if so how long will this pain last. please respond.

Thanks
    DocsGirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2004, 12:53 PM   #2
    John 808
    Inactive

John 808 HB User
    Re: on day 3 --withdrawls from oxycontin 40mg

Do you have legitimate pain issue and if so what are they?

(Need to know this before I advise...)

Michelle

Old 03-09-2004, 10:37 PM   #3
    rlcowboy
    Veteran

rlcowboy HB User

Yes, I too was on Oxy 40mg before my last few back surgeries for the same reasons as you! Anyway I know EXACTLY what you are going through! I had some percocet to help when the oxys ran out 3 weeks early because of my sorry sister and her stealing from me, but they would'nt help that much because the oxy 40s are that powerful! I know you are about to jump through your skin right now so I had to go to my doctor and be honest with him and he gave me a catapress patch witch really helped, really stopped the crawling skin thing, witch is the worst feeling in the world!!!!!! If you plan to stop but still deal with your pain you really should ask about methadone, for chronic pain it works BETTER than 40mg oxycontin, believe me cause I have used both!! Just go be honest with your doctor, really its the only way you're gonna get relief right now, and deal with your back pain that is not just going to go away, right?

Old 03-10-2004, 06:02 AM   #4
    DocsGirl

DocsGirl HB User

Hi everyone;
    Michelle--yes i really do have real pain-2 herniated disc and degenerative disc disease.

Thanks for the replies guys--on day 5--i made a mistake yesterday. it was really day 4-the worst day of all.

I want to let everyone know today is better. Thank God. I really thought i wasn't going to make it yesterday. I almost called my doctor. But i stuck it out and made it. i don't know how but i did.

Today i feel really shakey, a little confused and my body still hurts but nothing l,ike the past 4 day.

just wanted to share this horrible experience with everyone.

rlcowboy-thanks for sharing. i didn't call my doctor though... i stuck it out.
    i dont know how but i did. as for my pain.. i will figure that out after i feel better.

thanks for the responsed

Old 03-10-2004, 06:58 AM   #5
    John 808
    Inactive

John 808 HB User

So, DocGirl, you are quitting because you were abusing them (chewing them) instead of taking them as prescribed? Is that right?

What to plan on doing for the pain?

Riccowboy made some good suggestions and he is an old hand at this! If you are chewing your meds to get that "feeling," you do need to do something about it (as your doing). Congratulations on sticking it out- day 4 was always rough for me. You should be feeling better and better each day from here on out physically. I am just worried about your pain issues????

Let me know what your plans are concerning that! Take care and have a good day and again, great job!
    MIchelle

Old 03-10-2004, 09:30 AM   #6
    DocsGirl

DocsGirl HB User

Michelle--thanks for congratulating me...as for the pain issues..i'm really not sure what i am going to do. i sure i will go back on pain meds again, but i will know the consequences before hand..c/t off of hydro is nothing compared to c/t off oxy's. and i know c/t off hydro is bad so you can imagine what i went through..but i am happy to say i feel much better. energy level is good. not great but pretty good considering. my body still hurts arms, legs, back, etc. but not nearly as much as yesterday..day 4 was the worst thing i ever felt in my entire life..i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, and i mean that.

well thanks for the reply

Old 03-10-2004, 11:49 AM   #7
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

DocsGirl, i am rather curious about something.just where have you been getting all of the oxy contin that you have been a chewin?Did your Doc actually rx all of that to you and not wonder why you were needing refills so early all the time?there are some extremely stringent guidelines for Rxing this particular med and cannot believe that he would have kept on doing this.I too have been dealing with some extremely painful conditions and take the oxycontin on a regular basis.I had some really huge concerns about taking this drug at first as all that you hear about it in the news makes it sound like the ultimate evil drug.But much to my surprise, even after going through a nasty addiction to hydro many years ago, i havent had the slightest desire to abuse this drug at all.I think part of that has to do with the fact that for me to be without it right now because of some overwhelming ,horrid pain caused by central pain syndrome and now possible RSD in my R leg,as a result of extensive damage to my sympathetic nervous system due to spinal cord surgery,I would literally be unable to get up out of bed or even open or close my hands without the oxycontin and it really scares the livin hell out of me at just the thought of not having it for even one day.plus at the pain clinic that i go to,they keep very close tabs on everyones meds.sometimes they will do surprise pill counts and things like that just to make sure that you aren't overusing or selling your meds.Under no circumstances will you recieve early refills,that really scares me as any number of things could happen to you that would cause your counts to be off.But if you really do need to use narcotics for pain,then I think that you should find a good pain doc and they will help you with your pain and also use different types of therepys besides the narcotics to help.It has been a godsend for me.They also offer classes in med management to help you to manage them more efficiently.I would definitely look into this if you haven't already done so.Its just a thought ,but it could really help you with all that you are dealing with.Hope it all works out for you.take care ,Marcia

Old 03-10-2004, 10:27 PM   #8
    rlcowboy
    Veteran

rlcowboy HB User

Hey, I thought you were going to stop taking these things? If so why not get help from your doctor, or maybe not ready to kick the oxys just yet? Your doctor can really help you with not just relief durring withdrawals but also he can get you on some other long acting pain meds ,like methadone, or others that will help your pain BETTER than oxycontin and will cut the chances of abuse to almost nothing, its up to you!! I was just wondering whats going to happen when you get your next refill of oxycontin, will you be able to just take the prescibed amount? I know right now you are saying to yourself that you will NEVER go through this again BUT if you really plan on not going through this again why not fill the doctor in? Dont mean to be jugmental at all, so sorry if I come across like that. Good luck!!

Old 03-11-2004, 12:47 PM   #9
    DocsGirl

DocsGirl HB User

To feelbad;

thanks for all the information, I really havent decided what i am going to do for pain

RL--
    hey--what are you talking about...i'm on day 6 without anything. It's not that i dont want my doctor to know, i just didn't want to wean off them and i know thats what he would have wanted me to do. we spoke about me comming off of them before. as for my pain i have already had 2 epidural blocks and my next one is next week so hopefully i can deal with it on my own for now.

to everyone else;

just wanted to fill everyone in..i feel great..body still hurts but getting better every hour..still tired,but not that bad, and i really dont have any depression, i think because i know my life will be much better without the pills. So i actually pysiced myself into doing this (its all in your mind..your mind is the most powerful thing..it is all you will ever need to suceed in this life)

feelbad;

I said i just started chewing them..i was getting oxy's from my pain management doc and when they ran out i would get a prescription of hydro's from my boyfriend..He's a doctor. (he did not know i was seeing a pain management doctor)..i never told him so he never even knew i was taking oxys., but as i said i just started abusing so i never ran out early except for the last couple of months.

well hope everyone has a drug free day or at least is considering to give them up.

remember ..you have a powerful mind.

god bless

Closed Thread