It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• (This ought to be a good one) Do I need a Xanax?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-10-2004, 01:34 PM   #31
    John 808
    Inactive

John 808 HB User
    Re: (This ought to be a good one) Do I need a Xanax?

Moonlight,
    I do appreciate your suggestions. If I had not had two sick girls, I would have tried anything else before turning to my medication. I suffer from anxiety (in general) every day- I am a perfectionist, a people pleaser, a worrier, etc.....one can't live that way and not expect to have anxiety and I am working on these issues. Full blown panic attacks are rare for me and I have to realize it is okay for me to take my medicine when that happens. I feel like that is what it is there for, I am not abusing it, and I use it as a last resort. But again, you offered some good ideas and I thank you for taking the time to respond.

laney,
    Posted to you on another thread.

Mart7,
    Thanks for sharing your little story- how awful that must have been! I guess there are always situations that are worse than what you are experiencing, huh? I sincerely appreciate your concern.

Ya'll have a good day and take care each of you,
    Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2004, 03:24 PM   #32
    Banker
    Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

Michelle - I am sorry I made you pout (which I had to lol when I read that because it sounds so like me) but I'm glad you understand now and maybe, just maybe this will be one less thing you worry about. Trust me, I can relate w/the kids and everything. This morning, I woke up at 4:00 a.m. (posted on the board for about 30 min) and after getting everyone ready, including myself, I STILL did not get the kids to school in time and had to check them in. I'm 10 min away from school. Talk about ADD and anxiety. The worse the anxiety, the worse the ADD. I got to a point where there was so much going on, I couldn't finish ANY task that I started and would just go start something else. It was horrible. VERY bad morning but the day has gone on to get better. Isn't tat rediculous though? I mean, how early do I have to get up to get us out of that apartment on time and to school and work? I guess I'm going to have to do an 'evening' checklist and a 'morning' checklist so that I can ensure I get as much in the evening as I can and not put everything off until the next morning. I promise you, this morning - I just wanted to 'walk outside' of the apartment for a few minutes but I cannot even do that with three young children. My almost 2 year old would have had an absolute fit and somebody would have called the police on me for letting her cry so loudly. Anyway, I'm going to leave work, go home and WALK at the gym and then go home and make a list. (Don't have the kiddo's tonight so I have a night off... Yeah... love them but all moms understand we all need a break). My bf is coming over to watch American Idol - and yes Yinsky - it's probably the worst show on T.V. but I cannot help it, I LOVE it. It's like in the top 5 shows each week for all of the U.S. I guess that just proves we are all idiots.... lol... Totally kidding everyone. Have a great night!

Old 03-10-2004, 04:54 PM   #33
    John 808
    Inactive

John 808 HB User

I still love you Banker, even though you made my bottom lip quiver (almost cried...j/k)!

Look, my husband and I get beside ourselves on Thursdays because it is SURVIVOR night. We will call each other a hundred times throughout the day and ask each other how excited the other is!!!! So, I am right there with ya on the reality TV craze.

Enjoy American Idol and thanks for the "scolding" (I only took it because it was coming from a fellow Southerner....LOL!)

michelle

Old 07-04-2007, 12:48 PM   #34
    zeyavia
    (female)

zeyavia HB User

i started taking xanax like once a week...on pill...actually i cut it in half....25 was cut in half
    then i was taking it twice a week and then i took it two days in a row...a whole pill...which is a small dose
    but today i tried to go without and i had anxiety...my legs were shaking...i dont normally get the shakes
    so i was thinking 'is this cause my body is craving xanax even though i dont even take it everyday???' i then took a xanax and felt fine
    SO i dont know
    it is scary to think a pill can do that to you even after not taking it for so long
    but right before i got my panic and shakes i had taken my daughter up top a tower and got very dizzy...so that might be connected
    im gonna try to take xanax once a day at .25 and see how that goes

Closed Thread