It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• What can I do To gain my appetite back?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-29-2004, 08:07 AM   #1
    DonnieP

DonnieP HB User
    Exclamation What can I do To gain my appetite back? The withdrawal is HORRIBLE

Hey its been 3 days since I've been of the pot. And I cannot eat or do anything without thinking of getting stoned. I've tried eating it just makes my stomach feel upset more than it already is. I've tried reading books, taking a shower none of it makes me feel better. I lay down miserable all day long. I feel irritable, and nervous. I know that I cant smoke anymore, so if anyone knows what to do to help me out on my way to being Clean. PLEASE

Last edited by DonnieP; 03-29-2004 at 08:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2004, 08:33 AM   #2
    earthgirl

earthgirl HB User
    Re: What can I do To gain my appetite back? The withdrawal is HORRIBLE

Hi Donnie,
    Sorry to hear about your withdrawals! But that's great you're quitting and going on day 3! Please hang in there! It takes a while to get it out of your system and to begin feeling normal again, especially if you've been smoking heavily for a while.
    I'm almost at a month clean of pot and feeling great. It will definitely get better.
    One thing to remember is that drugs strip your body if its vitamins. You need to replenish those. If you are able to eat be sure to eat healthy. Also take some vitamins if possible. One thing that works great is Emergen'C. Not sure if you've heard of it but it can be found in most health food stores.
    Luv,
    earthgirl

Old 03-29-2004, 08:51 AM   #3
    DonnieP

DonnieP HB User
    Re: What can I do To gain my appetite back? The withdrawal is HORRIBLE

Quote:
    Originally Posted by earthgirl
    Hi Donnie,
    Sorry to hear about your withdrawals! But that's great you're quitting and going on day 3! Please hang in there! It takes a while to get it out of your system and to begin feeling normal again, especially if you've been smoking heavily for a while.
    I'm almost at a month clean of pot and feeling great. It will definitely get better.
    One thing to remember is that drugs strip your body if its vitamins. You need to replenish those. If you are able to eat be sure to eat healthy. Also take some vitamins if possible. One thing that works great is Emergen'C. Not sure if you've heard of it but it can be found in most health food stores.
    Luv,
    earthgirl
    Thanks for your support. I am going to get some vitamins soon, but in the meantime I need to make myself eat. It is so hard all I think about is getting stoned to take away this feeling. I think if I get stoned I can eat again, but I dont really want to smoke anymore, being 19 with a child and another one on the way I need to get this problem resolved. It just so hard, I cant even stare at the computer screen too long without thinking I'm crazy or something, I've heard people say that marijuana is not addictive BUt I DISAGREE totally, It makes me feel goood to post about my problems thats why I know that it has to be an addiction. I can control myself , but at times I feel like EXploding or giving in and calling a friend to smoke. BUT I CANT!!! I cleaned my house, trying to stay active at all costs. I found that it is hard to sleep but when I do finally fall asleep thats all I want to do. I cant keep focused on something for to long, it starts going fuzzy and blurry. I did smoke straight for about 5 yrs and its so hard to turn away from it now. But with your guys support I can do it. Thanks For everything
    -Donnie

Closed Thread