It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• when does it end

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-10-2004, 07:45 AM   #196
    mise ata ann
    Inactive

mise ata ann HB User
    Re: when does it end

Butting in here - Patience - by pure accidence I found my way into the AA rooms - never looked back and am still there today - stay away from users. Maybe you might find more sobriety in AA rooms - I just dont know. But dont give up - you WILL find something that will suit. I think Chef goes to AA. Ask Rosie too.
    But you're doing everything right - plug on - you will get there in the end!
    Mise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2004, 07:56 AM   #197
    no patience
    Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marich101
    Thanks haven't been here long enough to get a "rep" for being a troublemaker...............that will come in good time! Later
    your funny and i'm sorry about the situation you experienced that must have been so awful i hope everything is a little better for you my thoughts are with you hugs to kelleigh

Old 05-10-2004, 08:01 AM   #198
    no patience
    Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mise ata ann
    Butting in here - Patience - by pure accidence I found my way into the AA rooms - never looked back and am still there today - stay away from users. Maybe you might find more sobriety in AA rooms - I just dont know. But dont give up - you WILL find something that will suit. I think Chef goes to AA. Ask Rosie too.
    But you're doing everything right - plug on - you will get there in the end!
    Mise
    thanks mise any advice helps me don't worry about butting in if you can help someone with any advice that's great your good people thanks again mise nice meetin ya 97 days methadone free kelleigh

Old 05-10-2004, 04:19 PM   #199
    marich101

marich101 HB User

Thanks............shucks ya'll warm the cockalls( you know what I'm tryin' for here) of my heart. Seriously its nice to feel so welcome stumbling into the wrong forum. Well can't really say wrong, the pain management board was what drew me here but anyone who has been there has to wonder about things sometimes. And as I said did have the valium thing for awhile.............A l- o- n -g while still think about them fondly just know I can't have a supply of them around. NOW THE TRUTH COMES OUT! But they did help me thru a very tuff time and they do have their redeeming qualities. I'll hush we've about beat this horse to death......have a wonderful evening.

Old 05-10-2004, 06:16 PM   #200
    howard678
    Veteran

howard678 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by no patience
    one more thing howard i got a new computer for mothers day so now i definitly can't stay away i also wanted to respond to your post about going to n/a meetings unfortunatly i have gone and atleast half of them are still using and it just made me sick to see thes people getting recognition for something they really did'nt achieve one person even offered to go try some heroin after the meeting uh no thanks good meeting huh i can't get support from people who have'nt even became clean thereselves thanks for all your support though i wish you lived close by i've found a friend in you (hope you don't mind my saying that)thanks for everything kelleigh
    I doubt this was a typical meeting. First report I have heard of being offered drugs at one...

Old 05-10-2004, 06:19 PM   #201
    howard678
    Veteran

howard678 HB User

<> Marich101

Very few in my estimation. Is a tough poison to redeem... Could not let the horse die just there. Admittedly, I am going to be on the bitter side with what these drugs have put me through and cost me over the last 7 months. But yes, some take them and get away with it.

Last edited by howard678; 05-10-2004 at 07:53 PM.

Old 05-11-2004, 01:24 AM   #202
    mise ata ann
    Inactive

mise ata ann HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by howard678
    <> Marich101

Very few in my estimation. Is a tough poison to redeem... Could not let the horse die just there. Admittedly, I am going to be on the bitter side with what these drugs have put me through and cost me over the last 7 months. But yes, some take them and get away with it.
    Blow me! This horse simply wont die!!!
    Like Howard - I hate them to hell - cost be the best part of a year of my life. I was not lucky and escape - I was typical and the withdrawal was vile. And it was caused thro no fault of my own - under doc's orders!
    Nope - this filly is cantering merrily down the streets of every country in the world now - but there is at last a posse starting up in UK to track the beast down!
    Mise

Old 05-11-2004, 04:49 AM   #203
    no patience
    Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
    I doubt this was a typical meeting. First report I have heard of being offered drugs at one...
    i don't know how to take you'r response but unforunatly in this one it's the way it was i knew alot of the people there and let me tell you 30,60,or 90 days clean just wasn't so. i went with a friend when i first got off methadone and her and a bunch of people offered i wasn't saying the councelor did but let me tell you in this society it happens these people go there do all the drugs they want and a drug test is nothing to them if they are required to take one .when i looked up info on methadone you know what popped up how to beat a drug test i know you probably think this did'nt happen but come to pittsfield mass and find out it was a typical n/a meeting

Last edited by no patience; 05-11-2004 at 12:58 PM.

Old 05-11-2004, 01:49 PM   #204
    howard678
    Veteran

howard678 HB User

Quote:
    i don't know how to take you'r response but unforunatly in this one it's the way it was i knew alot of the people there and let me tell you 30,60,or 90 days clean just wasn't so. i went with a friend when i first got off methadone and her and a bunch of people offered i wasn't saying the councelor did but let me tell you in this society it happens these people go there do all the drugs they want and a drug test is nothing to them if they are required to take one .when i looked up info on methadone you know what popped up how to beat a drug test i know you probably think this did'nt happen but come to pittsfield mass and find out it was a typical n/a meeting
    I`m not going to invest alot of energy in debating this one. Will about benzos, to my last breathe as the evidence on that topic is scientific and vast, and the stakes are very high. Do not go to NA if you do not wish to. Your choice as is everything else discussed on this thread. I have been to some small NA meetings with a friend, no drug using, all quite serious about staying clean. There are also members on the net that seem as serious about recovery as people on here. But surely there are people in NA and AA that are court ordered and not serious. That woud not concern me however. I would not be there for them but for my recovery, and am sure I could find others like myself.

Old 05-11-2004, 02:46 PM   #205
    mise ata ann
    Inactive

mise ata ann HB User

Will about benzos, to my last breathe as the evidence on that topic is scientific and vast, and the stakes are very high.

And I am riding right behind you Howard!

Old 05-11-2004, 05:27 PM   #206
    no patience
    Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
    I`m not going to invest alot of energy in debating this one. Will about benzos, to my last breathe as the evidence on that topic is scientific and vast, and the stakes are very high. Do not go to NA if you do not wish to. Your choice as is everything else discussed on this thread. I have been to some small NA meetings with a friend, no drug using, all quite serious about staying clean. There are also members on the net that seem as serious about recovery as people on here. But surely there are people in NA and AA that are court ordered and not serious. That woud not concern me however. I would not be there for them but for my recovery, and am sure I could find others like myself.
    why is it everytime i share information it gets me some sort of negative or sinical response i just was looking to you for answers because you have opened my eyes to many things you shared that the closest n/a meeting was 30 miles away and did'nt know how they'd feel about you doing a taper i mearly shared with you why i did'nt try another n/a meeting and you blew it away like it was some fairy tale you knew so much about benzos and i looked to you for information and felt you were a friend i guess i should just stay out of this post from now on i did'nt share this with you as a debate i am not a debator i shared as a friend

Last edited by no patience; 05-11-2004 at 05:30 PM.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:18 PM   #207
    howard678
    Veteran

howard678 HB User

Quote:
    why is it everytime i share information it gets me some sort of negative or sinical response i just was looking to you for answers because you have opened my eyes to many things you shared that the closest n/a meeting was 30 miles away and did'nt know how they'd feel about you doing a taper i mearly shared with you why i did'nt try another n/a meeting and you blew it away like it was some fairy tale you knew so much about benzos and i looked to you for information and felt you were a friend i guess i should just stay out of this post from now on i did'nt share this with you as a debate i am not a debator i shared as a friend
    Did not mean it as cynical. I am actually optimistic about NA. Is an old saying in those 12 step groups, "stick with the winners." If there is not a single one of those in NA in your area, and they are all shooting dope in the parking lot after lying for an hour, stay away. I just very much doubt such a scenario would be anywhere near typical of NA as a whole, as I have evidence to the contrary. I tend not to pull punches, but have no objective to pick on or hurt people. As to NA, going it is up to you.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:23 PM   #208
    howard678
    Veteran

howard678 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mise ata ann
    Blow me! This horse simply wont die!!!
    Like Howard - I hate them to hell - cost be the best part of a year of my life. I was not lucky and escape - I was typical and the withdrawal was vile. And it was caused thro no fault of my own - under doc's orders!
    Nope - this filly is cantering merrily down the streets of every country in the world now - but there is at last a posse starting up in UK to track the beast down!
    Mise
    Mise,

In the true British tradition, you have a way with words. I concur, and once I am healthy there will be one more tracking the beast down in America.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:24 PM   #209
    no patience
    Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
    Did not mean it as cynical. I am actually optimistic about NA. Is an old saying in those 12 step groups, "stick with the winners." If there is not a single one of those in NA in your area, and they are all shooting dope in the parking lot after lying for an hour, stay away. I just very much doubt such a scenario would be anywhere near typical of NA as a whole, as I have evidence to the contrary. I tend not to pull punches, but have no objective to pick on or hurt people. As to NA, going it is up to you.
    sorry howard i guess i just read to much into things sorry

Last edited by no patience; 05-11-2004 at 06:25 PM.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:29 PM   #210
    howard678
    Veteran

howard678 HB User

Quote:
    sorry howard i guess i just read to much into things sorry
    No problem. I am going to go to NA but probably not until my taper off is complete. May go sooner. But will not be there for any fakers, but for me and serious people I hope to find.

Closed Thread