It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• when does it end

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-11-2004, 06:31 PM   #211
    no patience
    Senior Veteran

no patience HB User
    Re: when does it end

Quote:
    Originally Posted by howard678
    No problem. I am going to go to NA but probably not until my taper off is complete. May go sooner. But will not be there for any fakers, but for me and serious people I hope to find.
    good luck to you hope your taper is over soon it must seem like eternity again i'm sorry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2004, 07:17 PM   #212
    howard678
    Veteran

howard678 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mise ata ann
    Will about benzos, to my last breathe as the evidence on that topic is scientific and vast, and the stakes are very high.

And I am riding right behind you Howard!
    Good, I cannot possibly forget this. Just the mention of one of that class of drugs will always send chills up my spine. And as long as they have been around, it surely would boggle the mind the number of people that are directly or indirectly in the ground on account of them.

Old 05-11-2004, 09:18 PM   #213
    marich101

marich101 HB User

All I'm saying is they have their place, I have my horror story as well............took them for 10 years when it should have only been a short time. But I didn't realize I had a problem I was living better thru chemistry, the story goes on the seizures the whole nine yards. I made the choice to continue them and my Dr was very accomadating(can't make that word look right) But in the beginning when the divorce really got ugly I needed something..............maybe something else would have been better but as I"ve read here before hindsight is 20/20. Can we just agree to disagree.....Later and have a nice evening I'm taking me and Maggie( my little Yorkie, my baby girl) nitenite.

Old 05-12-2004, 07:00 PM   #214
    howard678
    Veteran

howard678 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marich101

All I'm saying is they have their place, I have my horror story as well............took them for 10 years when it should have only been a short time. But I didn't realize I had a problem I was living better thru chemistry, the story goes on the seizures the whole nine yards. I made the choice to continue them and my Dr was very accomadating(can't make that word look right) But in the beginning when the divorce really got ugly I needed something..............maybe something else would have been better but as I"ve read here before hindsight is 20/20. Can we just agree to disagree.....Later and have a nice evening I'm taking me and Maggie( my little Yorkie, my baby girl) nitenite.
    You reported that you came upon this thread by accident. But obviously it has really captured your interest as you keep coming back, and are now expressing real excitement. I am glad, and hope for much more awareness in the world community. Yes, I disagree. Benzodiazepines are unredeemable. The withdrawals syndromes are definitely much longer and often far uglier than any other drug, whether obtained at the pharmacy or on the street. And to add insult to injury, they are happily dispensed by ignorant and/or incompetent doctors, theraputically. Trusting souls are unwittedly becoming addicted, and much needless suffering, and sometimes ruined lives and deaths are the result.The scientific evidence is vast. The verdict is clear. Yes, I will agree to disagree with you but will never agree with the current pratices with prescibing these drugs.

Last edited by howard678; 05-12-2004 at 07:53 PM.

Old 05-12-2004, 10:17 PM   #215
    Bacne

Bacne HB User

Congratulations on your accomplishment. Do you have any positive people surrounding you? I'm sure that you've done plenty of things in your life that you should be proud of. Just the fact that you've been clean for two months is a accomplishment that anyone should be proud of you for. Hang in there, your still freshly clean. Drugs want you to question your happiness in a life without drugs in hopes that you'll use again. Just remember that two months is a good amount of time but not enough to get your life completely back in order so that you can receive all the rewards life has to offer. Good luck, and I'm proud of you. Stay on your path.

Old 05-13-2004, 05:00 AM   #216
    Banker
    Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

Oops... Posted on the wrong thread. I'm an idiot. Hope all is well....

Last edited by Banker; 05-13-2004 at 05:01 AM.

Old 05-14-2004, 04:53 AM   #217
    no patience
    Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

hi howard just checking to see how your doing have'nt chatted in a couple days just seeing how work is going abd seeeing how your sleep is going hope all is well chat soon kelleigh

Old 05-14-2004, 07:38 PM   #218
    howard678
    Veteran

howard678 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by no patience
    hi howard just checking to see how your doing have'nt chatted in a couple days just seeing how work is going abd seeeing how your sleep is going hope all is well chat soon kelleigh
    Hey Kelleigh. Exceptionally rough week at work. Sleep? Am getting it, need Benadryl sometimes. How are you doing?

Old 05-15-2004, 04:28 AM   #219
    no patience
    Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
    Hey Kelleigh. Exceptionally rough week at work. Sleep? Am getting it, need Benadryl sometimes. How are you doing?
    sorry so rough at work i'm doing ok in pain all the time cause my pain dr sucks but other than that glad you're sleeping thats awesome chat soon kelleigh

Old 05-15-2004, 05:37 AM   #220
    no patience
    Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

hi howard i need some encouragement my pain dr prescribed me vicodin about a month ago for pain and would not take it i just dealt with the pain and cried alot especially after work so last night a took a vicodin and feel like i ruined everything i'm coming to you because i just know you'll tell me the right thing and wont sugar coat it please help me i need a friend right now i'm so down in the dumps for doing this i ruined 100 plus days off methadone and feel like a failure thanks howard post me back kelleigh

Old 05-15-2004, 11:09 AM   #221
    howard678
    Veteran

howard678 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by no patience
    hi howard i need some encouragement my pain dr prescribed me vicodin about a month ago for pain and would not take it i just dealt with the pain and cried alot especially after work so last night a took a vicodin and feel like i ruined everything i'm coming to you because i just know you'll tell me the right thing and wont sugar coat it please help me i need a friend right now i'm so down in the dumps for doing this i ruined 100 plus days off methadone and feel like a failure thanks howard post me back kelleigh
    Hey Kelleigh

I do not know what to say because I do not have much experience with opiates. I have taken them (hydros and percocets) but never developed tolerance to them. I`ve read some horror stories. Know a few people that got hooked on them, but they came off and the withdrawals were brief and not real intense. I am not at all happy with the idea of you living out your life with chronic severe back pain. First, do not beat yourself up about taking the Vicodin. That serves no useful purpose. Second, look to others with more exerience in this area for solutions. Hugs my friend.

Old 05-15-2004, 03:57 PM   #222
    no patience
    Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
    Hey Kelleigh

I do not know what to say because I do not have much experience with opiates. I have taken them (hydros and percocets) but never developed tolerance to them. I`ve read some horror stories. Know a few people that got hooked on them, but they came off and the withdrawals were brief and not real intense. I am not at all happy with the idea of you living out your life with chronic severe back pain. First, do not beat yourself up about taking the Vicodin. That serves no useful purpose. Second, look to others with more exerience in this area for solutions. Hugs my friend.
    thanks howard knew i could count on you for a confidence builder thank you i know you don't have much experience in that area but just your words of kindness help thanks hugs right back at ya

Old 05-15-2004, 10:57 PM   #223
    howard678
    Veteran

howard678 HB User

Kelliegh,

Just my observation. I think you may have too much going at once here, chronic pain, withdrawals from methadone that seem to be persisting, panic episodes, and concerns about Klonopin, all while working. Do you have private disability insurance? If so, I suggest seeing if your doctor will assist in filing a claim. May well fly with the chronic pain. If not, you can make a claim with your state and getting payments may not take more than 3 months. We must do all we can to reduce stress. I have no private disability plan, have no immediate plans to make a state claim, but will be changing jobs and perhaps taking a few months off at the end of the summer.

Old 05-16-2004, 07:22 AM   #224
    no patience
    Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

Quote:
    Kelliegh,

Just my observation. I think you may have too much going at once here, chronic pain, withdrawals from methadone that seem to be persisting, panic episodes, and concerns about Klonopin, all while working. Do you have private disability insurance? If so, I suggest seeing if your doctor will assist in filing a claim. May well fly with the chronic pain. If not, you can make a claim with your state and getting payments may not take more than 3 months. We must do all we can to reduce stress. I have no private disability plan, have no immediate plans to make a state claim, but will be changing jobs and perhaps taking a few months off at the end of the summer.
    HI HOWARD I THOUGHT ABOUT DISABILITY BUT HERE IN MASS IT'S VERY HARD TO GET I WATCHED MY VERY SICK MOTHER STRUGGLE TO GET IT FOR ATLEAST A YEAR AND FINALLY SHE HAD TO HIRE A LAWYER WHICH TOOK EVEN LONGER SHE FINALLY GOT IT AND GOT A MEASLY 16,OOO TO LAST THE REST OF HERE LIFE BUT UNFORTUNATLY SHE PASSED AWAY 4 WEEKS AFTER SHE FINALLY GOT IT I KNOW I HAVE ALOT GOING ON AT ONCE BUT ANOTHER THING HOLDING ME BACK FROM THAT IS MY BOSS IS RETIRING SOON AND SHE IS GIVING ME HER BUSINESS I PROBABLY SHOULD GO ON IT BUT IF I DID I DON'T KNOW IT WOULD'NT FEEL RIGHT TO ME I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT ON TO YOU YOUR SWITCHING JOBS SOUNDS GREAT YOU'RE TAKING SOME TIME OFF YOU NEED IT YOU ALSO HAVE ALOT ON YOUR PLATE RIGHT NOW IF YOU DON'T MIND MY ASKING WHAT IS IT YOU DO? IT JUST SOUNDS SO STRESSFUL I BET YOU'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE END OF THE SUMMER THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT HOWARD YOU ARE A GREAT FRIEND HUGS TO YOU CHAT WITH YOU LATER HUGS KELLEIGH

Last edited by no patience; 05-16-2004 at 07:24 AM.

Old 05-16-2004, 08:55 AM   #225
    no patience
    Senior Veteran

no patience HB User

ALSO HAVENT HEARD FROM JENNITA IN AWHILE JUST WANTED TO CHECK IN AND SAY HI TO HER AND SEE HOW SHES DOING HOPE ALL IS WELL HOPE TO CHAT WITH YOU SOON YOU ALSO HAVE BEEN A BIG HELP TO ME AND MUCHLY APPRECIATE IT HUGS KELLEIGH

Last edited by no patience; 05-16-2004 at 08:58 AM.

Closed Thread