It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• suboxone withdrawal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-18-2007, 03:03 AM   #31
    geoff67
    (male)

geoff67 HB User
    Wink Re: suboxone withdrawal

Hi everyone, This is my first post in this forum. I have been using opiates for 16 years. I have been on the methadone program for 12 years. I was started on Suboxone 12 months ago, 6mg/day to start with. I slowly reduced to 2.5mg/day, and then went into residential detox for ten days to jump off. For two days before admittance, I missed my dose so that by the time I went in, I was starting to withdraw. While inside, I was given clonidine (catapress), valium, brufen and temaze to sleep, and I didn't feel too bad at all. Since release, I have been sleeping, have minimal symptoms, and feel better every day. I have now been drug-free for 2 months, and feel that suboxone was the easiest to jump off, as I have failed in the past when attempting detox from both methadone and buprenorphine. I know the experience is different for everyone, but it seems to me that suboxone saved my life. I am now studying to become a drug counsellor. All I can say is to never give up on what you want. Good luck
    Geoff

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2008, 09:49 AM   #32
    CarolineUCSB
    (female)

CarolineUCSB HB User
    Unhappy Re: suboxone withdrawal

Wow, that seriously sounds like something I would do! I actually am kind of going through a similar experience but not to the extreme. I am actually very worried at this time because I ran out of my suboxone early. Even if my Dr. will fax the request back in, the pharmacy usually has a problem giving it out early, so either way I run into an issue. I just took my last dose this morning so are waiting for the withdrawals to kick in. I've taken my prescription too fast in the past, and had to come clean to my Dr. as well so I know how hard that is!! For you to be shut down like that is completely unethical and that one guy is right saying you should go after this a**hole! When that happened before to me, my Dr. was definitely NOT pleased and actually called my parents (I'm 27, so I didn't really understand that one), and got them super worried thinking I needed to go back to rehab. I was adamant about not going back to rehab because besides for taking 2 rather than 1.5 pills/day, I felt I was doing great. He said if I ever slipped again I would have to go to a detox or rehab to get off of it. I was doing great, until now! I'm early by about 4 days on my refill and very worried about what this outcome may be.

I may just be in the same boat as you in a very short amount of time. However, I've already thought about it and if he refuses to refill my prescription, I will go elsewhere to another Dr. immediately. It will be hard but I will do WHATEVER it takes not to have to go through terrible withdrawals without the guidance of a Dr. I highly suggest the same thing for you. Keep updating what's going on with you because I might be in the same position pretty soon.

Oh yeah, and last time I had to refill early, he told me I have been the only one who has ever abused suboxone! Out of the many years he's practiced, I'm really the "only one" who has taken more than prescribed, eventhough this is a drug for addicts and as we all know addicts abuse drugs! I got myself out of that mess one time before, but I don't think I will be able to again....I'm VERY nervous!!!

Last edited by CarolineUCSB; 04-20-2008 at 09:51 AM.

Closed Thread