It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Calling all Suboxone/Subutex Users - Version II

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-03-2004, 12:02 PM   #1
    Banker
    Senior Veteran

Banker HB User
    Talking Calling all Suboxone/Subutex Users - Version II

This is just a thread for all of the Sub users to support each other, answer questions for non sub users, share experiences and everything else. It could also be for ex users or any body that wants to know anything about sub or getting off of it (not that I can help them but someone can), etc. About 6 months ago, someone (I believe it was Chef or Spark) started a thread called 'Calling all Suboxone users' so this is just a continued thread to that one.

Anyway, good idea Dan and I hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you guys soon...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2004, 01:06 PM   #2
    Twist Of Fate!

Twist Of Fate! HB User
    Re: Calling all Suboxone/Subutex Users - Version II

I just wrote you Banker, ill be glad to add in, what ever happend to chef? i remember him from back in the day......

CADE

Old 06-03-2004, 01:56 PM   #3
    spark-o-cet
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

spark-o-cet HB User

was on suboxone from may03 to jan 04 and still fightin the fight as we type-spark

Old 06-03-2004, 04:56 PM   #4
    Twist Of Fate!

Twist Of Fate! HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spark-o-cet
    was on suboxone from may03 to jan 04 and still fightin the fight as we type-spark
    what do you mean? your taper?

Old 06-03-2004, 05:14 PM   #5
    chefob1
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chefob1 HB User

i lurk around here evryday....i need this little place,this message board,as one of many sources to get me,get on,with my recovery.....banker,my thoughts used to get real wishy/washy on bupenorphine...dont know if it was from injecting it and using other opiates on top of it or what...but why may i ask are you gettin off the sub?...cause of weight problems?...think it out there sweetie....just think and pray on it...dont rush to any quick reasons....id say if youtr playin your recovery right,you might want to remain stabilized a tad bit longer....have to be strong for that day of final sobriety....miss ya guys,chef

Old 06-03-2004, 05:48 PM   #6
    spark-o-cet
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

spark-o-cet HB User

no man thats how long i was on the sub i tapered over a couple of months at the end-spark

Old 06-03-2004, 06:26 PM   #7
    dschne

dschne HB User

As soon as my hands feel better I will let ya/ll know what I have found out in my 5 weeks of SUBOXONE use and no 40-50 lortabs all I can say right now is life is great and I am blessed but I have real BAD carpel tunnel now in both hands and can hardly type so cant say much more tonight hands hurt to bad and numb feeling....and chef what kind of food you makn I am a eating machine and love food and do most of the cooking in our home.....Dan

Old 06-03-2004, 07:38 PM   #8
    Banker
    Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

Dan,

Do you find that in addition to the other symptoms we've mentioned, that you are stiff and have joint pain in the a.m.s I wake up swollen (just like Cade was saying in another thread) and my doc gave me a diaretic... just told me not to use it too frequently, maybe once a week or once every two weeks.

Chef - Yes, I want off because of the side effects... However, I'm going to start a VERY slow taper and see what happens. It won't kill me and if I find that I cannot stay sober, then I'll get back on it. I've got to control this eating issue first because it's going to cause real health problems if I don't stop binge eating. Seriously, we are looking at diabetes, heart issues, etc. because I'm a smoker also. Now, I'm not 'over the top' fat but my body image has just done down hill. Ayway, trust me on this... if I didn't think I could handle being without it, I would not even attempt it right now. But my taper is going to be REALLY slow becuase I don't like withdrawals and I don't want to feel any during this. I'll just decrease slowly and we'll see what happens. I know I can do it. But honestly, it sure is easy w/the Sub not even thinking about pain pills or having any cravings whatsoever. It's hard to even imagine how bad I was. I was like a different person. Anyway, I'm tired as heck tonight.... Stayed up LATE last night. Take care everyone and Chef, good to hear from you.

Spark ---- I'm concerned about you. How is your sobriety? Are you attending meetings? What about your girlfriend? Is she still sober and how is she doing it, if she is? Are you taking anything? What's going on, Spark... fill us in.

Michelle - where are you girlfriend.... you are an ex sub user... fill us in.

Old 06-04-2004, 05:07 AM   #9
    sadsister
    Inactive

sadsister HB User

Hi everyone-
    Suboxone user since june 2003...kind of...went on to detox-did 3 week taper.
    3 days off-and i felt sick..thought i could do a little something..turned into a 2 week binge.Out of money/ill again-i called dr.suboxone-i went back on a maitainence plan-8 mgs a day.
    I still had a few relapses until november-and haven't touch any dope since then.
    Using any other opiates w/ the sub definitely makes you feel bizarre-once i stopped messing around and really settled in-and dropped the dose to 4mgs-i was fine.
    My problem is stiffness-almost arthritic-in a.m.-plus the dreaded weight gain-which is due to the need for sweets-i never gained like this other than when i was pregnant-now i try daily to stop myself-but its the late night sweet attack-that gets me-i have settled into an exercise program-and am losing very slowly-but now that im up on the dieting thing(reading books/mags/web)slow-1/2..to 1 lb. a week-is the way to go..
    there is a web site banker..****** .com where you can log/activities/food and it will break down you calories/nutritional intake/calculate/journal-etc..so you can record all your work-good/bad/ugly...truth.
    According to this past week-im burning more than eating so ill let you know-if anything is happening-i do know that i dropped 5-7 lbs-depending on the day..since i began this exercise program-
    The suboxone is a life saver for people who could not seem to stop the relapse aspect-and i just kept going back to using-whether it was boredom/craving/depression-my brain is so used to being opiated i couldn't get off and find any peace.
    Plus-i have the additional problem that i used w/ my husband-partners in crime-and one of us would be strong-(usually him)and one of us would be wanting to use-but we both kind of egged each other on.
    Now that we are both on the sub-we can settle into living-basically a "mellow life"-go to work/hang out/whatever-we really got used to the chaos-copping/using/the whole thing became a way of life-its so laid back now.
    We did have 7 years together before we used drugs-so our relationship was not founded on a drug buddy thing.
    We always kept up our jobs/home-as best as we could-no one in our familys knew we had a problem-until we decieded we needed to go to detox-we both did 5 in patient detoxs/and at least 10 c/t attempts-and im not kidding over 20 or more methadone at home detoxs.
    So-Suboxone...was the saving grace-and this is the miracle cure for opiate addicts.Until its time to come off-and im hoping that as i am being taken down in dosage-ill still be strong-and this time of perspective will carry over-and finally give me a chance at an opiate-free life-cos i don't want to be a junkie ever again..too old too tired-no hustle.
    Got to grow up sometime-so im in preparation mode-hopefully ill be physically fit-(by then)-and mentally ready to take on life-minus the dope.
    Thats why the boards mean so much to me-like chef said-its part of my recovery-an at home AA meeting...keeping it up front daily-and being helpful to other addicts.
    Wishing us all some peace in this life...
    Heather

Old 06-04-2004, 05:21 PM   #10
    Banker
    Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

Thank you Heather. Wow, I didn't realize your hubby was on it too.... And he's lost 30 lbs? Wow! It sounds like you are doing great too. I can totally relate to those cravings!!!

Talked to Sub doc today. He gave me Meridia.... It's basically speed. I'm pretty hyper right now. But so far today, I haven't been STARVING like I usually am. We'll see how tonight goes. I'm going to have to be VERY careful with these pills. They can be addicting and I DO NOT want to become physically addicted. Hopefully, I can take them like every other day for about a month and then every three days, etc. until I'm off and my weight is off. Not sure what i'll do then because we all know it's the Sub that is making us so hungry.

Anyway, I'm doing well.... I am NOT going to get addicted to diet pills... K ? I'm not! Gotta run... gotta date tonight! See you guys and take care of yourselves!!!

Old 06-04-2004, 07:20 PM   #11
    Murphy555

Murphy555 HB User

Hi,

I had been on suboxone for 6 months at 12mg. Other than the Dr. that was prescibing it, I had no really bad side affects, except for a headache that went away after 5 days.

Then I detoxed it from the suboxone for 2 months and now i'm back on it to make a long story short.

Although this time is not as smooth; in fact today was a bit of a nightmare but I'm not sure if it's the suboxone or I'm just having horrible anxiety (sometimes it's just hard to tell). I do think the headaches are a direct result though of the suboxone and I had a winner today. I wanted someone to shoot me; it was that bad. Also, I awoke this morning, having "withdrawal symptoms" at least that is what they felt life. Scared the life out of me. Shaking alot especially my legs and I thought what is this?

I finally called the son (he's also a Dr.) of the new Dr. i have who is out of town. It was time to tell someone about the headaches that won't quit and the withdrawal-like symptoms. He suggested that I might be withdrawing from suboxone and taking suboxone at the same time, if that makes sense, and that perhaps I should raise the dose, until my Dr. comes back or make an appointment with him earier, if they persist.

So, basically, I'm just going back up to 12 and now at least it's written in the chart by this other Dr. that a dose increase was recommended and I didn't just do this on my own.

But, as much as I tout suboxone, this really bothers me. I thought I'd be feeling normal and it would go smoothly like the last time, but it is not. I felt SO bad, that I took 4 mg of suboxone, 1/2 klonopin and some advil when I got home, and closed my eyes and fell asleep for a little awhile. Also been feeling depressed; but who would not be if they felt like me?

I'm going to give it some more time (not go back and forth on it just like that); but for one lately, I wish I felt good as I did before.

Murphy

PS. Spark I feel for you. I know you've been struggling with w/d for awhile. My other Dr. very coldly told me I'd be going through withdrawals for 3 months or so and just feeling lousy.

Old 06-04-2004, 10:24 PM   #12
    sammi

sammi HB User

Hi Murphy, I too have been on Suboxone for the last three months and Thank God I've had no problems. I did want to say that I saw in another post about two months ago where someone had quit taking Sub for a couple of months and when they started back on the Sub, they too said it was not as smooth as the first go round. I wish I could remember who it was. Sorry.

I hope you start feeling better soon.
    Sammi

Old 06-04-2004, 11:03 PM   #13
    Banker
    Senior Veteran

Banker HB User

Murphy, it will probably just take a little longer for your body to get readjusted to it. Give it time. I've read so many times where people have headaches on it when they first start it.... and the longest I've seen them last is a month. But then they stopped. So.... try to stay positive. I know that we both understand how much the Sub has helped all of us.

Closed Thread