It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Alcohol Self Detox w/Xanax

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2004, 05:28 PM   #31
    Sarandipity
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sarandipity HB User
    Re: Alcohol Self Detox w/Xanax

Angela,
    You are worth something! You are a wonderful mother and you have no idea what great things the future holds for you. Start fresh, file bankruptcy, my best friend did it and bought a new car two years later. Credit co. are sending her offers on low balance credit cards. I guess the bankruptcy court has companies buying lists of people's names and addresses so they can get them started again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2004, 07:01 PM   #32
    RubySlippers
    (female)

RubySlippers HB User

Thank you Sarandipity,

I actually just got back from a talk with my neighbor...she's been trying to get me to talk for a while (I have no girl friends at all and now I have no b/f either).

I am going to look into bankruptcy. I actually did file it once 12 years ago as I had no insurance when I got pregnant w/my daughter. I had paid cash to the doc and hosp. for a "normal" delivery but she was stubborn (and big 9.6) and had to have c-section. That was a whopper of a bill!!!

I never thought I'd be in this situation ever again. Life is funny like that I guess. You know, most of my debt is because of me helping out my b/f. What a sap I was.

Well, for the first time in over 15 years I am alone, on my own, with no one but you guys, my daughter (which I try to keep her out of as much as possible), and now my neighbor. I had a good looooong cry for about two hours, had to go to the store for coffee....wanted to get beer but instead got a 12 pack of soda yippeee!!

I'm feeling better for the moment.

Thanks again all you guys (and gals) for your support!

Old 07-22-2004, 11:28 AM   #33
    Jennita
    Inactive
    (female)

Jennita HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GlindaWitch
    Jennita,

Thank you for your kind words. I am getting the max unemployment so I don't qualify for any other services (yet). As long as I pay just a little bit on my bills I'm ok. However I can't afford my car payment. Not sure what to do there.

I'm a chronic pain sufferer and take strong meds for that. My ex b/f could have added me to his insurance but instead he said I should DRINK MORE instead of take my pain meds. I could not believe it.

Anyway, I agree that I need to find something else to fill in the times when I really want to drink. Always about 3 pm pacific time. I'm still sober since Monday and actually printed out a job app, scanned my resume into my computer to update it so I guess I'm making progress. I do read A LOT. I have a big credit at the used book store cause of all the books I read and give to him for resale

Just wanted to thank you again. You actually made me cry cause it's hard for me to feel like I'm worth anything these days.

Angela
    Hey, I know the feeling about not feeling worth much...long story... but point is, everyone has a purpose I feel in this world. We don't just need the engineer to design something, but we need the skilled worker to build it, and we need the factory workers/mills to create the materials, and the miners to go find the natural resources to make the materials out of, etc, etc.

I believe we all have our part, even if it seems trivial or meaningless to us, it really isn't. I know, because sometimes we look at those people who acheive so much or on top of the world, and think where did I go wrong?

But maybe we should look at people who are barely alive or barely functioning and think how lucky we are after all. I feeling down one day and then a man crossed the street in front of me who was in a wheelchair with no legs and I thought why am I depressed anyway??? My problems seemed pretty small compared to his instantly.

But I guess it's usually easier to look at the people with more than us instead sometimes, so we can feel sorry for ourselves? Not sure why we do that, but I still have to remember not to, especially when I see those celebs on T.V. and the way they live! Maybe that's it, too much access to the world of the rich, young and famous that gets us down!

Anyway, I know that personally I've effected a few people my husband knows in their lives with my story with psych drugs, and one said I saved his life. I guess, if I don't accomplish more, at least that's something I was valuable for. Also my kids.

So, what I'm trying to say to you is, you do have value and are worth something....it's that you just don't see or notice it. Sometimes we just don't realize how we help/effect others lives.

And I know, yes, sometimes other people, like that boyfriend, can make you feel worthless but that's his problem! Why is it we tend to let other people's thoughts or opinions/feelings about us judge our worth? I guess it's important to be liked/loved but then again, maybe the people we want to love/like us are not really worth a hoot anyway! Pity we sometimes don't see that, huh?

Old 07-22-2004, 11:34 AM   #34
    Jennita
    Inactive
    (female)

Jennita HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GlindaWitch
    Jennita,

Thank you for your kind words. I am getting the max unemployment so I don't qualify for any other services (yet). As long as I pay just a little bit on my bills I'm ok. However I can't afford my car payment. Not sure what to do there.

I'm a chronic pain sufferer and take strong meds for that. My ex b/f could have added me to his insurance but instead he said I should DRINK MORE instead of take my pain meds. I could not believe it.

Anyway, I agree that I need to find something else to fill in the times when I really want to drink. Always about 3 pm pacific time. I'm still sober since Monday and actually printed out a job app, scanned my resume into my computer to update it so I guess I'm making progress. I do read A LOT. I have a big credit at the used book store cause of all the books I read and give to him for resale

Just wanted to thank you again. You actually made me cry cause it's hard for me to feel like I'm worth anything these days.

Angela
    Your'e so welcome. Hey, I know the feeling about not feeling worth much...long story... but point is, I've come to see that everyone has a purpose in this world. For example, we don't just need the engineer to design something, but we need the skilled worker to build it, and we need the factory workers/mills to create the materials, and the miners to go find the natural resources to make the materials out of, etc, etc.

I believe we all have our part, even if it seems trivial or meaningless to us, it really isn't. I know, because sometimes we tend to look at those people who acheive so much or on top of the world, and think where did I go wrong?

But maybe we should look at people who are barely alive or barely functioning and think how lucky we are after all. I was feeling down one day and then a man crossed the street in front of me who was in a wheelchair with no legs and I thought why am I depressed anyway??? My problems seemed pretty small compared to his.

That didn't invalidate my own problems/feelings but it helped me put them in perspective a bit.

But I guess it's usually easier to look at the people with more than us instead sometimes, so we can feel sorry for ourselves? Not sure why we do that, but I still have to remember not to, especially when I see those celebs on T.V. and the way they live! Maybe that's it...... too much access to the world of the rich, young and famous that gets us down!

Anyway, I know that personally I've effected a few people my husband knows in their lives with my story with psych drugs, and one said I saved his life. I guess, if I don't accomplish more, at least that's something I was valuable for on this earth. Also, my kids.

So, what I'm trying to say to you is, you do have value and are worth something....it's that you just don't see or notice it. Sometimes we just don't realize how we help/effect others lives.

And I know, yes, sometimes other people, like that boyfriend, can make you feel worthless but that's his problem! Why is it we tend to let other people's thoughts or opinions/feelings about us judge our worth? I guess it's important to be liked/loved but then again, maybe the people we want to love/like us are not really worth a hoot anyway! Pity we sometimes don't see that, huh?

Anyway, you sound like a good person and mother. That's worth alot in my book!

Last edited by Jennita; 07-22-2004 at 11:35 AM.

Closed Thread