It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• New here starting Suboxone tomorrow...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-10-2004, 10:47 AM   #1
    daschwab
    Inactive

daschwab HB User
    New here starting Suboxone tomorrow...

Ok this is for all you Suboxone vets, I have a 25ish 10-325 norco habit a day, for about the last 6 months gotten way out of control, I start Suboxone tomorrow, my doctor told me I could not take anything today at all BUT if I only took like ten today its almost like taking none right? Ok I know its not the same but it would really help me out in the withdrawl dept. ya know. So my question is has anyone A. taken hydro will on suboxone? B. taken it the day before they started Suboxone. I guess what Im asking has anyone cheated while on Suboxone and still lived to tell about it? Well any replys would be appricitated, Thanks Stacey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2004, 11:38 AM   #2
    StacyVictor
    (female)

StacyVictor HB User
    Re: New here starting Suboxone tomorrow...

Hello, I have beenon Suboxone for about 1 1/2. I take 1, 2mg pill a day. When I started the Suboxone, I started the morning after my last pill, i.e. I probably took my last pill around 8:00 p.m. and took my first dosage of suboxone around 6:00 a.m. the next morning. As for taking hydro while you are on Suboxone, there is really no point, you won't feel the hydro. There is Naloxone in Suboxone and it blocks the effects of the hydro. In fact, even if you didn't take suboxone for a 2 days you wouldn't feel the hydro. Suboxone is a very, very good deterent! My only other advise would be this, start out the suboxone on as low of a dose as possible. I was taking anywhere from 20 to 30 hydros a day. I never had any withdrawl when starting the suboxone. I started at the lowest dosage because I don't have any insurance and it was the cheapest amount I could take. My doctor has also told me that a lot of doctors over prescribe the suboxone. I have tried numerous times to get off the suboxone and have never been successful. My doctor keeps telling me that since i am on such a low dose I should have little to no withdrawal. Well, let him go through it! Cuz the last time I tried to get off of it, I was so sick for a week I thought I would die, I went back on it! I just figure if I am on it for the rest of my life, so be it. I am happier, cleaner and have more money than I ever had in my whole life. I figure, what ain't broke, don't fix! Anyway, Suboxone has been a miracle drug for me. I am 38 years old and I can't think of time I was ever sober. Diet pills when I was a teen, heroin, cocain, methadone, pain killers, you name it I have been addicted to it. I am a totally different person now. Mentally, I am much stronger. It is hard to describe but I don't ever get depressed anymore, well not like I used too, I am not needy and miserable anymore either. I hope what i have told you helps.....

Old 08-10-2004, 11:50 AM   #3
    daschwab
    Inactive

daschwab HB User

wow thanks it does help, just knowing how many others are out there like my self, I have never been addicted to anything else but this and really dont want to stop and really do at the same time, it costs a fortune and the effects on my liver and kidneys cannot be good. So I must stop I just have to get past the mental part of this thats what is going to be the hardest for me. I will give it a shot tomorrow hope it turns out as good as yours did STacey

Old 08-10-2004, 02:12 PM   #4
    formygirls3

formygirls3 HB User

Hey stacey
    Im on suboxone too, since January it has been a life saver for me, really. My habit was 150mg hydrocodone a day. I was started on subutex and was instructed to take one 2mg on the first morning along with my 3tabs then tabs 3 at lunch and 3 at dinner. The next day he cut my dose of tabs down and upped the subutex and we done this taper untill I reached 12 mg and I stopped the Hydro all together and move to suboxone. Every Dr and each person Is differnt. I think alot has to do with the doseing of the sub, if they start you of and 8 mg you probably wont need anything else but if they start you on 2mg that may be tough. I don't think you have to be 48 hrs clean with Hydro, I know the long acting Narcs like Methadone the longer you can wait the better. I didnt have to wait at all and the sub did not throw me into withdraw as the dose was not large enough. I think you will be fine.
    Good Luck
    Teresa

Closed Thread