It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Hydrocodone Addiction - Need some help...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-16-2005, 06:00 AM   #46
    mzdangerous
    (female)

mzdangerous HB User
    Re: Hydrocodone Addiction - Need some help...

hey how u doing? i have been where ur 2 day iz my 5th day going thru with drawl am logged on under my wife name call me Quinn i feel like crap but my spirit getting strong i was doing 20 hydros a day ( 3 tym relapse i decided 2 go 2 wht thy call a methadone clinic 4 help thy helped n lied . thy replaced my addiction wth another 4 2 years told me at 1st few months thn thy start bringn me off it slowly so i wont have wth draw. 2 yrs gone by n thy still didnt so my wife n i started 2 taper the medication, well gess whgt am paying my dues now ,the wth drawl is horrible but am managing,i gess wght am trying to say iz ither be honest wth ur doc so he can taper ur meds 4 u r chech out a local methadone clinic cheaper n safer 4 now, but dont lt thm bs u about a 3-5 year plan there in it 4 the money ussually cost about a 100.oo bucks a week wil help a lot u will hardly experince any wth draw none whn on it,but b verrrrry careful do ths only 4 about 2-3 months thn demand to start havinv thm bring it down dont let thn bs u about years if u trul loook into it long term it will destroy u lik it alomost did 2 me i had a job makin over 150,ooo a year fired after 5 years just filed bankrubty yesterday,so methodne will help only if u use short tym god bless n good luck cause there isnt hardly any help out there 4 ths addiction unless ur verrrry wealthy r dam good insurance peacez

Last edited by mzdangerous; 07-16-2005 at 06:03 AM. Reason: i might be able tyo help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2005, 06:07 AM   #47
    mzdangerous
    (female)

mzdangerous HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deerme
    Welcome aboard. I have been doing what you story described for the last eight years. I have had 5 shoulder procedures, and 1 total reconstruction. Your story mimicks just about 3/4 of the people in our little family here. Some take more, some less. Everyone here will give lots of support, and some good advice. My advice is, set your mind to quitting, pick a week where you have no plans, and where you can get away with being a sick miserable S.O.B. Go cold turkey if you can. People here have done it EG. Lisa. It takes alot of will power, which I dont have. Good Luck-Talk to you soon.

Old 07-16-2005, 06:15 AM   #48
    mzdangerous
    (female)

mzdangerous HB User

hey tell ur doc thy do undestand some will even help taper ur meds 4 umy story verry simmalar got hurt took pain killers so i could still work 9months l8er am hooked,there iz altenatves if ur doc wont wont help chech out ur local conty funding if u cant afford treatment r chech out ur local methodone clinic but becareful these clinics r suppose 2 help but threr there 2 make money also somethg short ter thou lik 2-3 months thn demand to be start having ur meds decreased dont let thm sucker lik me 2 years l8er oiut almost cold turkey wth only help from family am on here under my wife name u can call me quinn but hang n there grab ur bible start reading the book of john thn pslams remeber god only gives us whgt we truly can handle ,trust me there iz success after an addition i no

Last edited by mzdangerous; 07-16-2005 at 06:17 AM. Reason: some advice tht may help

Old 07-17-2005, 10:01 AM   #49
    thom3
    (female)

thom3 HB User
    Angry Re: Hydrocodone Addiction - Need some help...

I am in a very same, but different, situation. To make a long story short - 39 yr old mother married to a great guy for 11 yrs and 3 incredible children 10, 8 and 2. Beautiful house, etc. I just was diagnosed with ADD and started adderall - thought it would "save" me from my life long "pshco" feelings. I started hydros about 3 months ago. DT's from hell. Fell and started them again. Was taking 8 a day of 10/500 or whatever I could afford - so expensive online!! Starting mixing with Soma and Benadryl or Tylenol allergy. I have not taken any in a week. I feel over my DT's. So why do I still feel so HORRIBLE mentally? I am a wreck.

Also - I have a hard time justifying quitting - other than the money. If it makes me a better wife and mother and person (and I swear it does) why should I quit? I want to start again so badly it hurts. I know they are delivering some tomorrow - what can stop me? Why should it stop me? If it is the best I ever feel or have ever felt in my life....why should I quit?

By reading and seeing all these people trying to beat this "horrible" addiction - there must be a reason. Somebody please help me - I don't want to do this but I feel I will because I am such a better person with it.

My adderall is doing NOTHING and he upped my zoloft - doing nothing. I feel constantly agitated and annoyed and nervous. I know as soon as I take 2 V's I will be great. Why should I quit?

Old 07-17-2005, 10:05 AM   #50
    thom3
    (female)

thom3 HB User

I only took vikes for about 3 months and was up to about 6-8 a day. will my wd's still be going on after a week? not sick or in pain anymore, just agitated and want to be alone and not be around my beautiful family. i am starting to think something is wrong with me? will i start feeling better?

Old 07-17-2005, 05:33 PM   #51
    Sarandipity
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sarandipity HB User

Thom3,
    Welcome to the world of hell if you continue taking vikes.... I, like you pushed everyone out of my life so that I could be alone to "enjoy" the vikes. After hitting bottom by not being happy on vikes and not being happy off.. I sought help. Honestly after hearing and reading every bad experience on this board... nothing can convince or will convince you to stop until you have hit your own personal bottom. The good news is that there is help for you if you want it... I have been not only hydro free- but helping others for the past few months. I havent taken my recovery lightly from the beginning- I mixed hydro with other pills like soma and ambien and it could have ended up really bad if I would not have have someone who was in recovery to show me the way, and what I needed to do to get well. I have two small children and they tell me all the time how different I am and that is how beautiful recovery can be... I know it will be scary for you to stop and not have the hydros to numb your feeling with- but having all your wits about you and helping others is a not only a way to survive but a way to live happy and heathly beyond your wildest dreams. You will just have to walk through some pain to get there. The other side is peaceful and promises a good hearted feeling you will not believe!
    Love always, recovery rocks!

-Sara

Old 12-26-2005, 05:58 AM   #52
    jeffhurtinaz
    (male)

jeffhurtinaz HB User

i'm back - and it's been over a year - and I'm in the same situation.....
    does anyone have experience with tramadol while going through w/d'S?
    i have found that (2) 50mg tabs per day seems to take away all W/D's

i have much more to type - please forgive me , i've been at work for almost 12 hours.... will check back in soon.

Closed Thread