It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Anyone Ever Addicted To Nasal Sprays??? How Long Does Rebound Congestion Last????!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2004, 09:15 AM   #16
    jennlynn
    (female)

jennlynn HB User
    Re: Anyone Ever Addicted To Nasal Sprays??? How Long Does Rebound Congestion Last????!!!!

AngelBaby03 I was just wondering how long it has been since used the spray. It has been about 8 days for me and I still get congested. I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks and I really dont want to be congested and miserable the entire time. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2004, 05:54 AM   #17
    Angelbaby03
    (female)

Angelbaby03 HB User
    Re: Anyone Ever Addicted To Nasal Sprays??? How Long Does Rebound Congestion Last????!!!!

Hey! thanks for your post! Well, its has been just around two weeks that i have been completely off them. I went on vacation for a week in Wildwood, NJ. It was nice. The nice salt air REALLY helped. As soon As i got home, i noticed a difference for the worst. But, mainly it just switches sides from nostril to nostril. It goes away when I am standing,m and then When I go to bed it gets a litle worse. Every time i lay down it seems to clog up on me more. But, I am still strugglling with this battle!!!!! Claritin D works wonders for me, BUT i stopped taking it in fear of getting adicted to psudphedrine!!!! That would not be good! the worst part is over for you, dont worry, i was worried about it to, you will feel fine on vacation if you have already gone a week. where are you going?

~Ash

Old 09-06-2004, 06:38 PM   #18
    jennlynn
    (female)

jennlynn HB User

Hi! We are going to Virginia Beach, so hopefully I'll be able to breathe better down there. Tomorrow makes 2 weeks that I've not used spray and I don't think I am getting better. I made an appt. with an ENT for Thursday so hopefully he can give me something to give me some relief. I'm thinking that I may have developed a sinus infection. Not to be too gross, but I can look up my nose and I see little white spots. Like you, I get so much worse at night. I've been going on about 2-3 hours sleep a night. I'm still taking sudafed, but it doesn't seem to be helping like it did at first. I took one Claritin D and it helped, but I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. Well I hope you do feel better soon. Let me know how its going.

Old 09-06-2004, 06:59 PM   #19
    Fullfire
    Inactive
    (female)

Fullfire HB User

Iam I just can't stand the sense od being stuffed up it makes me feel liek iam suffocating. I go through 2 or 3 bottles of nasal spray a month

Old 09-08-2004, 01:02 PM   #20
    KIDINSANITY
    (female)

KIDINSANITY HB User

Hi, as one who has had a lifetime of sinus problems and surgeries to correct them, I also swear by nasal irrigation. Two years ago, I would have said "no way!" but after having to do it after my surgeries, it really does work. It does, however, work better if you use a "Neti pot." I don't think you get all the benefits by snorting water out of your hand. The neti pot gets all the gunk out and helps the swelling go down in the sinus cavities.

Good luck!
    Sue

Closed Thread