It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• suboxone taper/detox-post experiences...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-29-2004, 08:10 AM   #31
    Twinlynn
    Inactive

Twinlynn HB User
    Smile Re: suboxone taper/detox-post experiences...

Ggrl65,

Seeing your name back on the board right now brought more smiles to my face than the two grande lattes--four expresso shots each--that Alice just dropped off as a surprise, outside my door!! (With my foot refusing to heal, keeping me from doing anything or going anywhere beyond my 4 walls, surprises like these main-line caffeine injections--vroom--vroom--are just the greatest jump-starts to "get my motor running"!!!) LOL!

Many thanks to you and Sammi for your reinforcing imput on Sub. I can see the dilemma you are in, trying to strike just the right balance in tapering from the drug. And, as you say, there are so many things to factor in.

And I know just what you mean about the "dimming of the soul"--the "self"--that arises from being on any drugs. I've so often found myself just staring blankly at all my color brush/pens...all begging me to pull 'em out...grab my blank notecards....and make some of my old personal greeting cards. But....the Muse on my shoulder is chattering way too quietly in the background. And the pens are just staying put. I KNOW that the pills have killed much of any creativity I had. In the beginning, they seemed to ADD to it...but that soon changed. And, now, I am wondering if--and hoping that-- the Sub may ignite these old interests again!

Of course, NOTHING is as much fun as family disputes! I remember often feeling, after a particularly screwball scene in my family's old home kitchen, that Woody Allen was about to jump out and yell "CUT! It's a WRAP!!!" And everyone...my parents, my sisters, my aunts and uncles were going to rise in unison, push away from the table....and catch their car services home!! LOLOL! (My Mom, for fun, once secretly sound-taped a Saturday lunchtime in our family dining room.....and the results were PURE Woody Allen!!!)

But I am really sorry that your family problem has escalated into something more serious. "Stuck" relationships within families can be so very wearying...and repetitive. It's like certain themes continue to persist decade after decade. Those red flags are always "up"! And....it can't be making your taper any easier. You are being so smart to just do what you can and not set goals for yourself that are just too tough at this time.

Take care, godessgrl, and just know that we're all here to make sure your "motor's ALWAYS running!!!"

xxx Lynn xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2004, 11:16 AM   #32
    Best Friend
    Veteran

Best Friend HB User
    Re: suboxone taper/detox-post experiences...

THANKS goddess, Sammi and all of you!! Will try and write more later. What incredible people you are. You give me hope.
    TwinAlice

Old 09-29-2004, 04:01 PM   #33
    dschne

dschne HB User

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you all know that beside the tapering now I have looked into a detox place here locally that deal with opiates and poss of them detoxing me off that final ending if you can understand that.I have a appt to see the counseler/doctor monday to possibly set this timing up for a week after I have surgery then will start the detox.I will keep everybody updated on how this plays out and works for me I am just so worried about those horrid w/d,s and think that if I am medically detoxed for a week or whatever it will be easier.I know its the easier way out but its the way I think is best for me, my wife will also be a part of the process.I havent been feeling so great past few days and I am sure it if from the Benzo w/d,s and lowering my Sub dose.But am determined no matter what it will all be gone in the next month or so.
    Thanks for listening and hope everybody here is well today.
    Dan

Old 09-29-2004, 04:40 PM   #34
    fisherpard

fisherpard HB User

Dan,

That is great news!! I think the rehab treatment center will help very much and you will have a greater chance of getting clean and staying that way. They also will be able to help with the w/d's and help you re-train your old way of thinking. This is by far the best over a home detox. Keep us posted and I will keep you in my prayers.

fisherman

Old 09-29-2004, 06:12 PM   #35
    dschne

dschne HB User

Thank you so much Fisherpad I already feel better just knowing we have the appt monday.I guess knowing the end is not to far away really makes me feel better and I think this is the answer to my prayers for guidence on what to do.thanks again for you thaughts and prayers.You also are in my prayers that your pain will become managble and you will feel better.
    Dan

Old 09-30-2004, 05:23 AM   #36
    goddessgrl65
    Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

Twinlynn-
    You are hilarious!I was laughing..out loud..You/Alice..are awesome..yep..got my starbucks-yummy-right here..I betcha get a good "wingo"..from that badboy of a coffee...I can't stop laughing picturing you drinking that coffee-and cleaning your flat madly..And your family..woody allen would have a field day..we've done the same..audio/video-accounts of the fam..at its woody best.
    But-over the years-the heart/soul got lost-i got a real problem w/ the loss.
    So-like woody-therapy/for 15 years-and im losing her..WAAAA!!!!
    Ill work it out..Its gonna be alright!
    But i appreciate the humor-feel better already..
    Im excited for you/alice..to check out the sub-
    Dan-
    Hi....I was really considering the same thing..detox..for the sub..but-i think they would make me detox from the ativan too...im afraid of taking on both substances at once-its dangerous-and painful.
    my sister-was in detox for h/kolonipin..for 3 weeks-and she still wasn't well when she came out-she said it was hellish-the worst.
    Ill have to look into it-but im pretty sure-its detox for all substances.
    But since you are doing both..its a great choice..What about surgery?
    Will you be medicated after that?Are you ok?I didn't know you were going into the hospital.
    But you sound ready-thats what its about!I have you in my prayers-i wish you all the good things in life...
    ggrl65

Old 09-30-2004, 12:52 PM   #37
    dschne

dschne HB User

Goddess thanks so much for your encouraging words.As far as my surgery I have carpal tunnel and cupitol tunnel in my elbows already had right hand/arm done now its the left only took about 4-6 pain pills I think and then motrin and the sub so I was ok.I really dont know what to feel coming off the xanax never really noticed when ever I havent taken it except cant sleep very well but I am thinking that is the major thing making me so emotional last couple weeks, I really cant figure out what it is.But I keep fighting through the day everyday Its my little girls 7th bithday this weekend so I have to be good no matter what I want it to be special for her.Cant wait till monday to hear what they the DETOX place has to say to me.Will let you all know after that.
    Dan

Old 10-02-2004, 07:18 AM   #38
    goddessgrl65
    Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

Dan-
    I hope you are feeling better today-yesterday was my sons 20th b'day..
    I have been feeling very emotional lately too-up/down all the time.
    I read somewhere-the naloxone mixed w/ the benzos can create depression symptoms..
    I don't know exactly what is happening to me-but i know its not good.
    I am not craving drugs-but im craving serenity..
    I appreciate not being an active addict-but i know im dependant on sub/ativan.
    How recovered is that,really???
    Im honest w/ myself to the point of i can't accept this as real recovery.
    Im in a holding pattern..
    I hope you have a beautiful day w/ your daughter..Happy B'day to her.
    I cherish my memories of my son-growing up..we had so much fun.
    I was not addicted to opiates until he was about 14..
    I still maintained our home/my job/etc..but i feel ashamed for going there.
    Well- i wish you guys a great weekend-lots o fun!
    GGrl65

Old 10-04-2006, 12:53 AM   #39
    sammaeldaemon
    (male)

sammaeldaemon HB User

I was on suboxone for three days in a rehab for oxycontin and i went through withdrawal for 2.5 weeks....

then i was on suboxone for a severe heroin addiction and i was on it for almost a year and ended up with my doctor not prescribing it for me anymore so i went from SIXTEEN milligrams a day to nothing and was sickeningly ill for a month or more....

then i got addicted to heroin... again, and i got on suboxone about 3 months ago. i was taking 24mg a day then i could only afford 8mg a day which was a harsh adjustment. just recently i picked up 8 8mg pills i had at the pharmacy and started taking 8mg a day for 2-3 days and then 4mg a day for about 6 days. after that i dropped to about 2-3mg a day for 2 days and finally about 1-1.5mg for 2 days which ended on monday. now i am starting a new job tomorrow and i have no idea what to do except drink heavily. i have screwed up my whole life and i finally want to try doing things a different way and i can't afford to lose this job.... i am extremely irritable, i just got stomach cramps and have been sweating a little with some runny nose and pretty persistent headaches. i know that my withdrawal will be NOTHING compared to when i went from 16mg to nothing but i want to know what to expect and if anyone has tried a similar taper because i am really hoping to feel better after a week's time. tuesday was my first day without suboxone and i woke up sick but felt better after about 30 minutes which is how it started last time... now it's 3:30am and i've been up since 1:30am feeling like crap. please help.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #40
    SuBx
    (male)

SuBx HB User

HELP, Hopefuly that will get someones attention, and you will take the time to read this. I did a search for suboxone withdrawl and found this amazing site! this is my first time on and i read some of the post and had to join. I have been in the dark lately about detoxing from my suboxone. I have been to pschycologists, psychiatrist and many different doctors. I was recently addicted to oxycodone for 9 mounths. I used about 90mg a day. (i guess self medicating for your emotional problems doesn't help) I dont want to ramble too much its just i have never been able to do this before lol and i am hopeing to find someone who can help me get off this stuff. I have been on it for about 60 days and i am down to only 2 mg a day. I started at 32mg. After reading the stories of coming off of this stuff i was shocked. my Dr. told me just like everyone else to take it as a maintance drug and eventually i would tapper off. After doing some research of my own it is pretty scary some of the stuff i have found out. I dont even know if i am listing this at the right spot but god willing someone will W/b. I thought i was losing my mind but its called PAWS. thats a good and bad thing i guess lol I am not crazy! yes but the road to recovery is going to be a little longer i can explain more about my situation and can also help alot if there is anyone who is struggling with an opiate addiction or sub/bubrup. Ironic how all these dr.'s have yet been able to give me any insight on why i am having these wierd mental experiences. I should probably stop writing now because i dont know if this is even going to show up on your mes board lol please write back and God Bless. the 2 hours i have spent on this forum and reading other peoples experiences has given me more clarity than the 2 months i have been trying to figure out why this isn't like normal opiate withdrawl. ThAnK YoU -SuBx

Old 10-05-2006, 09:49 AM   #41
    sammaeldaemon
    (male)

sammaeldaemon HB User

this is my 3rd day without suboxone and here it starts. i can feel it.... all over.... it took me 2 hours to get out of bed this morning and i have to be at work tomorrow morning. this can NOT happen right now. it's 12:00pm noon and i'm already popping xanax and drinking beer to deal with the pain. i can't afford the time or money it takes to make another suboxone appointment but by dumb luck a friend of mine who i used to do favours for just got a prescription for suboxone yesterday so if ANYTHING out there is on my side he will fill it today and i can work on a slower taper. i don't care what i have to pay him, anything is better than 400 dollars between appointments and pills. i'm freezing cold and it's 70 degrees outside.... this is not fun. withdrawal makes me wish i was dead, and up until 3 days ago i felt alive for the first time in years..... although it doesn't seem like anyone is really reading this.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:08 PM   #42
    SuBx
    (male)

SuBx HB User

Hey man listen i feel your pain. i can giuve you some advice. And i hope you take it very serious. the w/d from sub are not normal if you try and counter them with xanax and beer it could be fatal. and mixing benzos and sub is dangerous just keep a very lose dose of either one in at all time. I havent got an answer yet either but like i said i want to help too. the w/ds are only going to get worse and listen very carefully the amount of stuff you would have to take to counter the w/ds would kill you (xanax and beer) i pray that your buddy gets that sub. if he does only take the smallest amount possible for you to feel better you are going to want to take like 2-3 8mg pills DONT. the drug has a full life of 37.5 hours so you are just beginning w/ds now let me tell you about PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawl Syndrome) with if you dont get anymore sub in you it will unfortunatly kick in. it is all mental the physical w/ds are not that bad = to normal SICK w/ds but the sub has such a large effect on your brain it it takers TIME for the brain to recover from this paws none of our dr.s warned us about this. i lost my job when this was happening and that was jumping off a 4mg dose. the job is going to be the least of your probs come 72 hours from now. It feels like you have lost your mind or i bad trip? if that makes any sense. I didnt take this stuff serious untill i found out first hand. Dont do anything stupid when this is happening. I honestly dont think the job thing is going to work i was in the same situation and quit after months it was the least of my worries i thought i lost my mind. Research about Imodium it is suppose to help plase dont take the drink and take the xanax because how you feel is enough to OD on them and you may feel like it doesnt matter then because of the job and how you feel but if your buddy gets his take NO more than one pill it will work give it 1 hour and dont move or speak while it dissolves i'll pray for you and check back please w/b so i can help.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:24 PM   #43
    sammaeldaemon
    (male)

sammaeldaemon HB User

well let me put it this way.... it's only been 3 days since i last took a suboxone and i just got offered heroin and replied with the question "how much does it cost?" that's how bad i'm getting..... i now have two people that will possibly be getting me suboxone and i'm desperately counting on both of them.... i hate this... i'm in a sweater and long pants and it's not even cold where i live.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #44
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

Oh I hope you get the sub whatever you do dont touch the heroin I have seen what that does and most of the time its never just a one time deal you will be hooked for the rest of your life. Thats not fun before you know it you will be selling all your stuff, not showering, not eating just looking for a fix trust me a good friend of mine just got hooked after just one line and now he is shooting it and its bad!!!!!!! No matter how your feeling right now you will get through it and heroin will not be the answer cause you will feel alot worse on that. Good luck! Kim

Old 10-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #45
    sammaeldaemon
    (male)

sammaeldaemon HB User

well let's see......... for one thing i've been through heroin and oxycontin addiction more times than fingers on my hand..... and regrettably... i got heroin and oxycontin tonite..... i feel great and am no longer worried about work tomorrow. tomorrow afternoon a friend of mine picks up an entire prescription of suboxone and i plan to taper. i'll now wait for disapproval from you all.

Closed Thread