It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• suboxone taper/detox-post experiences...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #46
    wout
    Inactive
    (male)

wout HB User
    Re: suboxone taper/detox-post experiences...

try a valium....it helps with the cravings. I did the detox program, and my PM dr told me if I had withdraws, then to take a valium. It really helps, and then you wont relapse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2006, 01:19 PM   #47
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

Well I dont condon it but its your life I wouldnt put my life in risk like that. Its not going to be easy getting clean and we did it to ourselves. Well I hope you get that sub I would hate to see in a week what your like being addicted to heroin and all. That will be even a bigger monster to kick than the sub. Kim

Last edited by kim4074; 10-06-2006 at 01:19 PM.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #48
    sammaeldaemon
    (male)

sammaeldaemon HB User

honestly? i'd rather withdrawal from heroin at this point........ all these stupid idiot doctors lied to us when they gave us this golden promise of a miracle drug called suboxone. suboxone is a cruel twisted joke the world plays on us to teach us a lesson and make us suffer and i hope the person who created it DIES.......... and on that note, i got more suboxone today.

Old 10-07-2006, 02:08 PM   #49
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

Guess what you will need meth or sub to detox off of heroin too. THat is nearly impossible to stop once you start and most people have to spend the rest of their lives on a maintance program to stay off of it. I just want you to know what your getting into before it goes to far. You cant go to your Dr and get more sub I dont understand maybe he can put you on a lower taper. There has to be something that can be done this is insane. Best wishes and as least you got some sub use what you have as a taper slowly. Kim

Old 10-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #50
    sammaeldaemon
    (male)

sammaeldaemon HB User

i have in my possession some suboxone right now. the only thing is i'm scared about taking it because i have sent myself into acute withdrawal before from not waiting long enough after doing heroin. my nose is running, my stomach is churning, fatigue...... not really achey bones and muscles...... but a lot of other withdrawal symptoms and i was wondering if someone, maybe even a doctor or nurse, could advise me here.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #51
    zalliah
    (female)

zalliah HB User

I've been on Suboxone for over a year when I started the Dr told me there would be no with drawl which was the only reason I went on it. Now I've been trying to get off of it for months. I have a 19 month old son and can't afford to be sick I have to take care of him. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I sould do. I'm already down to 1/4 of a 2mg tab. Every time I stop I get sick shakes sweats poops the whole nine. What can I do. I never thought it would be like this I was clean for 5 years before I relapsed for a month then went on the sub. Now I don't know what to do. Please ant advice...........

Old 10-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #52
    zalliah
    (female)

zalliah HB User

I've been on Suboxone for over a year when I started the Dr told me there would be no with drawl which was the only reason I went on it. Now I've been trying to get off of it for months. I have a 19 month old son and can't afford to be sick I have to take care of him. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I sould do. I'm already down to 1/4 of a 2mg tab. Every time I stop I get sick shakes sweats poops the whole nine. What can I do. I never thought it would be like this I was clean for 5 years before I relapsed for a month then went on the sub. Now I don't know what to do. Please ant advice...........

Old 10-09-2006, 10:27 AM   #53
    zalliah
    (female)

zalliah HB User

You should be fine if you start now. Becarful I'm on Sub now and can't get off it. It has the same detox at all the others

Old 10-09-2006, 03:28 PM   #54
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but are you on the sub for pain pills or heroin? This sub sounds like a nightmare to get off of and I feel bad for you all I really do. Almost better to go ct and suffer the w/d's for a week or two. I wish I knew more to help you out. Someone will be along soon I hope. There has to be research out there in cyberland. Best wishes Kim

Old 10-10-2006, 06:39 AM   #55
    zalliah
    (female)

zalliah HB User

I'm on the sub for herion I was clean 5 years got my life together had a baby after he died I got pregnant again with in 4 months after he was born I got very very depressed then I got high again it lasted for a little over a month but long enough to get hooked again I went to detox they put me on methadone I didn't want to be on that so I looked for a differen't way found out about sub no one ever told me it would be the same way. I don't think my Dr even new what the long tern effects he's never had anyone stick with it. Now it's been a year and I want to be off of it. I don't have a week or two to be sick my son needs me to take care of him. Have you or anyone else ever heard of Subutex is it better I talked to my Dr yesterday about it and he's going to look in to it. Thanks for getting back to me I need all the encouragement I can get right now. Also has anyone tried colonidine for sub detox.

Last edited by zalliah; 10-10-2006 at 12:50 PM. Reason: wanted to add something

Old 10-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #56
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

I did post some research I found on sub w/d I wish you all the luck and good job staying clean for the little one that is what is important. If the sub helps you stay clean that is great but I know what its like not wanting to take any more pills. Best wishes to you and keep up the good work. Kim

Old 10-11-2006, 07:28 AM   #57
    zalliah
    (female)

zalliah HB User

Well I'm starting the detox from Sub. My Dr said stay at 1/4 a 2mg tab for the next week along with colonidine then no Sub just the col. I don't know about this he didn't even know that there was long term effects of sub or he did and never told me and I had to ask him about the col. will this help or am I just fooling my self. No matter what I have to get through this I can't stay on syub for ever nor do I want to. It's coasting me an arm and a leg and I traded on addition for the other. I hate all of this and I know I only have my self to blame ahhhhhh. I'm so frustrated with all of this and my self. 5 years clean and I flused it down the drain. If anyone has any advise I could really use it.......

Old 10-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #58
    zalliah
    (female)

zalliah HB User

Does anyone read this anymore or write in it????????? Or am I the only sick person left in the world.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:50 PM   #59
    kim4074
    Inactive
    (female)

kim4074 HB User

Oh please dont feel as if we dont care. I care I just wish I knew more about sub and how you feel and what your going through and I dont. I will give you support and words of encouragement. I really dont think Dr's know much about sub which is a shame the hell they are putting people through. Just like putting people on Ultram (tramadol) thinking its non addictive and telling people its non addictive and they are on here posting about the w/d's and they almost sound worse than the vicoden w/d's which is kinda what your going through you know not wanting to go through all the w/d's and other things with the methadone and now your going through it with the sub. This is very unfortunate. I guess we have to be more advocates with our health care then our drs are. I never second guess my Dr when he rx's me something which is how I got hooked on the vicoden and I have always been so afraid of trying any drugs cause I know I have an addicting personality. He he would have told me everything about its addicting facts would I have ever gotten it filled. Just like you, you could have weighed the sub and the meth if your Dr would have known more and done their research as they are the ones with the Doctorate degree not us they should know everything about what they give out and spend alot of time researching things too. But now we know that we have to do our part too. Alot of people switch one addiction for another but not in a positive way. Your switch is a positive one you dont wake up looking for your next fix, or getting $ for it, running the streets dealing with shady people and possibly ending up dead or in jail. Your able to the a good mother and raise and care for your child so this is positive although you dont see it like that right now yes its an addiction but there are alot of positives and go slow if you cant handle it go back and tell your dr you cant I see people running to get heroin or anything else to stop the sub w/d's so just do it slow and taper slow and you will be just fine. Best wishes to you and I hope someone with more knowledge comes through. Have you tried doing a search for suboxone withdrawls and see what comes up for you. I would try it you might just find what your looking for. hint!! Good luck and fight the good fight. Alot of us relapse and it sucks and the guilt and the shame and the self hate take over but we will get through it and your not alone!!!! Kim

Old 10-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #60
    zalliah
    (female)

zalliah HB User

I'm greatful for your words it's hard when you feel like you have no one to talk to. I've gotten this far so now I just need to go the rest of the way. Dr's are idoits this much I have figured out but the hard part for me is that I did this to myself to relapse after 5 years is a hard thing to get over. All those things you said about being out in the streets getting high jail and everything else was me I was that addict. I chose to get my life straight and start over and after my son died and my second one was born I just lost it. Now all I want to do is keep him safe and be a good mom. I'm sur I could stay on the sub forever and still be a great mom. I lose some of my self in it. He needs all of me so here I go. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all your words.

Closed Thread