It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• trying to learn what I might expect when I withdrawl

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #1
    wannabhealthy
    (female)

wannabhealthy HB User
    trying to learn what I might expect when I withdrawl

It looks like I am going to have to see a doctor after all. I am hoping to stop a 3-4 oxy IR (5mg) a day habit and am down to the end of my supply. I suppose this dosage may seem pretty low, but my system is clearly dependant now. Currently suffering from anticipatory anxiety. And I have been using xanax to sleep, increasingly. I haven't reached out medically for assistance with the addiction as of yet for the dependancy and probably won't until Monday. I am attempting to learn whatever I can about what to expect in withdrawl until then. Grateful for any input on withdrawl symptoms. I am brand new at this and did read the rules a couple of times, hope I am following them and didn't miss anything, in fact I am going to reread them now. Thanks again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 05:07 AM   #2
    lisaaahubb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lisaaahubb HB User
    Re: trying to learn what I might expect when I withdrawl

When i dabbled in oxy, i knew that c/t would be too rough, so i jumped down to vicodins, then down to darvocet then to nothing....
    You are on a small amount though....are you crushing or chewing???? That DOES make it harder. Of course i never swallowed them or took them as directed so it is hard to go by me.
    Withdrawal is rough but opiate w/d won't kill you, it only FEELS like your gonna die. The cravings are super-rough when one goes cold turkey, that is why i always liked tapering. But then there are some that consider that torture. Do some searching back on some of our old posts, and ask questions. Post, post post....newbies are welcomed here with open arms, we have quite the family here, you are gonna thank God you found this site. There is one poster here now, Proward, that is getting off of the oxy now...read his posts. I forget how much he was taking though, i am sure he will post if he sees this....
    O.k....hope you are finding the info you need and don't be afaid to ask questions...
    luv,
    LISA

Old 01-08-2005, 08:19 PM   #3
    wannabhealthy
    (female)

wannabhealthy HB User
    Re: trying to learn what I might expect when I withdrawl

Thanks for your input! It is just nice to see I am not alone. I am very edgey, keep feeling like I am gonna panic big time! Sometimes feel like I am gonna vomit. I have been taking the oxy IR capsules, 5 mg per capsule, (it isn't the oxycontin slow release), although I did dapple in that for awhile. My boyfriend turned me onto them for my menstral cramps and they worked like a beaut, naturally. And then of course I began to like the feeling and effects. He would give them to me when ever I wanted them, pretty much as many as I wanted and I actually told him I new I was addicted and had to taper and that I should stay away from it but the opportunity recurred, of course and he is always willing to supply. Needless to say I have had to also get away from him. And then, like an idiot, I tried to quit smoking cold turkey for New Years. I have really freaked my nervous system out this past week or so. Now it is back to smoking until I can get to the doctor for some assistance this coming week. Addiction is horrible, add it to holiday stress, 2 family deaths in 2 months, and realizing your relationship has to go, not a real comfortable place in time. Good way to figure out that drugs are not the answer that is for sure! I feel so toxic, yuck. And just want to get it out of my system. Anyway, thanks again for your response.

Closed Thread