It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Does anyone hear from Rosie anymore??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-10-2005, 06:12 PM   #1
    ddanna

ddanna HB User
    Does anyone hear from Rosie anymore??

Hi there!

I was a member here some time ago, writing about my hydrocodone addiction & pain. I had surgery and was praying for everything to get better for me BUT it hasn't. I do still have some pain issues but I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that it may just be due to or aggravated by my continual hydro intake.

I need to do something about my problem. That's where Rosie comes in...........is she around, maybe going by another name? She knows of a detox place and I wanted to get some information from her. Well, if you see this post Rosie, please write back and I'll let ya know what I need, ok?

I only scanned some names here...I remember Lisa, Lynn & Alice (HOW ARE YOU GUYS?); but most of the members now must be new to me since I haven't been here in months.

Anyway, if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Or, I will just keep bumping til hopefully Rosie comes along! I'll post more of my problem and ask for assistance soon...gotta go fix the family some dinner!

Thanks, Ddanna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 04:08 AM   #2
    lisaaahubb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lisaaahubb HB User
    Re: Does anyone hear from Rosie anymore??

Hi ddanna....i was wondering the same things...where is root, rosie, deerme, Willow, kindaunwell....i am wondering how their lives are going, too.
    How are YOU??
    I am hanging in there.
    Good to see a post from the "old gang"
    Call them out.......last i heard from Rosie she was doing really well....
    Have a good Tuesday, i am enduring, yet another, snow storm this afternoon! this crap is like every other day now...ugggggghhhhh, i am ready for spring!
    Hang in there...
    luv,
    LISA

Old 01-11-2005, 11:02 AM   #3
    rosietee
    Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

Whooaaaa--was that a God-shot checking my Addiction and Recovery update e-mail for the first time in a long long time and seeing this??? I miss you guys and have been thinking about you. Been through ups and downs, including a computer glitch thing that kept me off when I wanted to be on. I have to go get ready for a doctor's appointment, but ddana, I can definitely share with you about the trials and tribulations of surgery and recovery and how detox was in NB Oh by the way I am lucky to be alive--walked out to get the mail on 12/7, had a seizure and fell, and turns out got a skull fracture.

I seriously, seriously had been wanting to hop back on because you guys were the best support, and just hadn't made the "jump" (also was kind of lurking in the epilepsy forum a little bit). I have not even lurked on this board in a long time--it is too hard not to just read everything and then write a long long message. So I don't even know what is up with anyone except in this thread right here. I really love you guys and know I am ready to help you guys too. Lots of stories, and grateful, grateful.

But I am clean. Hasn't been as long as some might think, but thank God I don't have to wake up and stuff a handful of norco's down my throat just to keep from being ill.

luv, rosie--I will check in later.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:10 AM   #4
    Best Friend
    Veteran

Best Friend HB User

YES!!! Rosie!!!! Welcome back! We'll talk soonest! HUGS from the twins.
    TwinAlice & TwinLynn

Old 01-11-2005, 02:12 PM   #5
    Philster2003
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Philster2003 HB User

It really is good to hear from you again Rosie!!!! Been a long time. I'm so happy you are doing well.

a pal from the past

phil

Old 01-11-2005, 02:27 PM   #6
    ddanna

ddanna HB User

Rosie,

I'm so happy that you checked in when I'm looking for you! Guess someone really wants me to get that info from ya, huh?! And oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you with your fall. Will you be able to post all the details soon? Like why did that happen, where were your kids, who helped you, what's going on now? I think I remember you saying that you had a seizure in the past also, right? How absolutely scary! Well, I want to hear about it and hope you are well now.

Regarding my problem.....I never got off the pills after my surgery like I was hoping for. Taking just as many as before so I'm realizing it is truly an addiction/habit. I'm just as disgusted with myself, if not more! I did have some problems clear up after my hysterectomy but I do still have the bladder disorder and I'm thinking the hydro may be irritating this further....I remember a girl that had the same condition tell me that after she got off the pills, the cystitis wasn't as awful as when she was taking so many.

Rosie, I remember you telling us some things about your detox but I really need DETAILS now! And then after hearing how it was for that week (it was a week, right?) I will call the place to confirm prices/ins, days, etc. Just give me some clues; I think that would be alright for us to do, don't you think? I only could go for a week tho, I think that will help getting off initially and then of course I will probably need to find meetings around my house or else I wouldn't go. I do not have a drop of discipline!!

Anyway, thanks so much for checking in when you did. Let us know how things are going....did you relapse and then detox again or something? I was confused about the comment you made where you said you haven't been clean for as long as some might think?? Maybe I missed some posts when I wasn't coming here. Talk to you soon!

And HI Lisa!!!!!! Glad to see you. I feel bad for those of you in the snow.... only because I do not like that cold weather. I'm a summer girl and that's why I won't leave Calif. But of course we've been having soooo much rain here and record breaking snow that it doesn't feel much like Calif. weather!! Have you spoke with Michelle or Banker lately? I was wondering if they were still around also. Well, I need to go pick up the kids from school so I'll be talking with you later, okay? Take care!

Dana

Old 01-12-2005, 12:39 PM   #7
    rosietee
    Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

Wow--you guys made me feel sooooo good. Oh, Phil, you were my one voice at the beginning answering what I thought were my cries in the wilderness that gave me the most hope when I felt so alone and like a total freak. I hope you are doing well. And you twins I need to find out how you are doing and Lisa and everyone else too. I still have not caught up on the board, just hopped on into this thread yesterday and today from the e-mail updates. (I just happened to look at the Addiction board update only yesterday and still have hundreds of unread e-mails.)

I actually just wanted to pop in to say I don't feel so hot today (scratchy throat and no sleep), so I'll do a longer post hopefully tomorrow. Still recovering from concussion and all, so I'm supposed to rest, too. Went to doctor yesterday, and no menengitis, bloodwork fine except for dilantin level way way too high and will taper down, hopefully shedding some of these dilantin-induced pounds and helping my short-term memory thing. (Think Dory in Nemo and Drew Barrymore in the 50 First Dates) Anyway! My mom is flying in tonight so that our family can "function" (dh's words).

Ddana, yes I did just over one week, only once. Learned a ton!! Wise word from my sponsor--if your insurance covers only a portion, ask if they will accept just the part covered by insurance. They did that for me. Mine only covered a one-week detox, not rehab. I guess part of the brilliant rationale was that it was only my first time in detox. (***?!) I did have to pay for an extra day, cuz I was a mess. I will definitely fill you in on all the details of the detox. All you have to do is call the CDU and the nurses will be very very helpful . . . maybe bordering on hard sell? They will take care of finding out what your insurance will cover. NB is pretty uppercrust, and you get to go the "Gucci" meetings. Food is pretty good (lots and lots of it, whenever you want) and you can get a tan on the patio. Also had accupuncture and yoga. But my digestive symptoms are terrible on w/d, so having to beg for every immodium when I am used to downing 4 at a time was awful awful. And w/d won't hit you until a couple days after they reduce the sub, so that's why I went home miserable. But good motivation to not end up back there for me. Had a nightmare that they were sending me back there and I said no, no, I promise I will quit, just give me my immodium!!

Also will fill you guys in on the whole seizure thing. This is probably the best place for me to socialize, as I can read what I already wrote and what everyone else said. My memory is absolutely for crap. You know when you put the remote control down and can't remember where you put it? Well I am like that all, I mean all the time, all day long. I am always walking circles around the house looking for every little thing. It's exhausting.

I miss you guys!!! Look forward to coming back into the swing of things--it is meant to be, as I have been given major time out from any rat race by the powers that be.

Luv,Rosie

Old 01-12-2005, 12:41 PM   #8
    rosietee
    Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User
    Red face Re: Does anyone hear from Rosie anymore??

Oh dear, just looked at my long post saying I would do a longer post later. Promise won't be tooo much longer. Talk to ya later.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:07 PM   #9
    Best Friend
    Veteran

Best Friend HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rosietee
    Oh dear, just looked at my long post saying I would do a longer post later. Promise won't be tooo much longer. Talk to ya later.

Don't stress, Rosie! Write whenever you can. Sounds like you've had quite a time of it. Your compassion and humor has been greatly missed. It has been exactly one year since The Terrible Twins found this site....and you've been a good friend to us. We're into our 2nd month on Subutex and doing well. We actually got out to a couple of 'social' events recently....something we had not done since the pills took hold. It felt reassuring to feel some of those 'old and real' feelings. Hugs to you...let your mother take over and boss everyone around while you get better! Hugs,
    Alice & Lynn

Old 01-13-2005, 07:37 AM   #10
    agentalias
    (female)

agentalias HB User

Rosietee!!!!

It great that you re-surfaced! You know its me, your fellow sister in So Cal. Its over's twin sister-agentalias. So glad that you are doing great except for your other woes now. I had a two week long stop and go seizures from side effect of medication when I was younger. It ain't a walk in the park. IT was awful! I could imagine how you feel.

I hope you check back more often. I don't post or check in as much as I use to either. Just super busy now since being opiate free.

Take care.

Old 01-13-2005, 08:25 AM   #11
    Twinlynn
    Inactive

Twinlynn HB User
    Talking Re: Does anyone hear from Rosie anymore??

Rosie, ddana, Agent - A big mmmmmwah! to welcome you all back into the fold! Sooo happy to see y'all here again. xxxl ynn

PS Rosie - Don't get me started on my memory. Life has become one long circuit of searching. Bouncing off the walls trying to locate, keys, glasses, opened bottles of soda, Prozac, hats, scarves, my dog's heart pills, etc, etc. There've been times you could hear me wailing as I lurched from room to room....... In fact, if I don't send this post out right now...I'll forget that I wrote it!! LOL!

Last edited by Twinlynn; 01-13-2005 at 08:27 AM.

Old 01-13-2005, 10:12 PM   #12
    rosietee
    Senior Veteran

rosietee HB User

Hey, agentalias and Lynn, so good to hear from you. I know you guys are busy, but I miss you so much! Agentalias I am so so proud of you. You are really an inspiration and I would love to talk more. Twins, I really, really want to know everything about the sub and how you are doing. I know it is a huge step, relearning how to do everything without the other pills. I didn't realize that sub can cause memory loss?? or is the w/d? I know a woman who is on sub after being on lots and lots of oxys, and she does shake a little, but she is doing really really great and is a successful professional. Ddana, let me know how it goes if you decide to contact NB. There are a couple others in OC that people I know know about, so if it doesn't work out insurance-wise or whatever, let me know. I can give you as many details as you want. Has anyone heard from Banker or Michelle or Kinda? I know, I know, I will catch up on my reading on this board. Seriously though, when I start I can't stop and I have to be prepared to read for a couple hours. That is why I just stopped reading the e-mail updates.

Well, I am fading, but I just wanted to let anyone who is interested about my lovely seizure (since ddana asked). It was 5:00 and I had been working upstairs all day. The babysitter had just taken the kids for a walk and I was going to try to talk dh into driving her home because I felt like something was up--hard to describe. I went out to get the mail and the neighbors told me the kids were going to be right back. I chatted for a minute and the next thing I remember was waking up on the couch with neighbors and paramedics rushing around.

Turns out that in the interim I had a seizure, conked my head on the driveway, and was passed out for 10 minutes. Thank God one of my neighbors has nurse training and immediately applied pressure to my head wound. I woke up (I don't remember any of this) and insisted that I had to go inside. The neighbors had called the paramedics, and thank goodness one of them had dh's work number. 2 neighbors tried to sit on me to keep me from getting up, and I lifted them up apparently. There were about 5 or 6 young kids out there, so thank goodness a 10-year-old boy took them all to his house. The neighbors were trailing behind me trying to keep pressure on my head wound and I went inside, locked the door, and went in and locked the baby gate. The reason that is amusing is that when the paramedics came, my neighbor couldn't figure out the baby gate and had to hurdle it to let the paramedics in. When I got inside, I laid down on the couch, and I woke up when the paramedics were putting the oxygen in my nose. It was the weirdest thing--no one was looking at me when I woke up--they were looking at their dials and things and the neighbors were trying to help clear a path for the stretcher. The paramedics were just kind of shouting my name and when I woke up they asked if I knew I had a seizure and fell, and I said no. It was weird--I was thinking, are they talking to me? They asked if I had a previous one, and I said yes, and was able to tell them the exact date that had happened (almost exactly 6 years prior to the day). But I couldn't say what day it was for this one.

Anyway, went to the ER, got 7 staples in my head, got a CAT scan and got discharged with a script for Dilantin and instructions for a scalp laceration. Not being able to drive starting the first week of December with a 2 and 3 year old that want to see Santa Claus and being a chronic last-minute shopper was just delightful.

So 10 days later I was able to get the staples out and then get an MRI. It must have been 3 weeks later when my neurologist got the MRI report that she showed me a picture of my scalp fracture!!! OMG! She seemed a little peeved that the ER doctor had missed it, as it showed on the CAT scan. (Are we bored yet? sorry) So meanwhile, before I knew about the fracture, I had started doing yoga and things, and didn't think much of it. A couple pains I attributed to my hair pulling at the wound. So after finding out about the fracture, I had been dancing with my girls to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I called the neurologist's office and said, well I have pressure in my head today and, by the way, can I do yoga? when they called back they said no jumping, no side to side or up and down movement, etc., and I said uh oh, I was just doing that this morning. (We do real dancing at our house, like grand jete's and clicking our heels together.) Turns out that was why I had the pressure. She said well you can't do this that and the other thing when you have a concussion, and I said well no one ever used the word concussion with me! So I have been having a little bit of a tougher time of it since then, with headaches and neck pain and stuff. No fun revisiting the pills, but I think the seizure meds help addiction-wise.

But I now know how really really lucky I was, because the fracture happened at an angle, instead of going straight in. Yikes.

Also, the neurologist saw something in my brain that might have caused it. Possibly could have been from my forceps delivery or another injury or small seizure when I was young. I just got the MRI from 6 years ago and she is going to compare them. When I asked if my eating disorder or drug use could have caused the problem in my brain, she said it was more likely the other way around! I told her about the prior seizure--I was taking Wellbutrin and had run out of xanax (at the time, I was taking only a small amount and very irregularly) and on top of that had a prior eating disorder (supposed to increase seizure risk w/ Wellbutrin). I had used that rationale to discontinue the seizure meds back then. I also told her about my tramadol use this time around. She did not feel that these caused the seizures. In fact, she thought I probably did not have seizures before that because of taking the benzos! Still when I woke up, I just kept apologizing to dh, because I felt like I had something to do with it. But no way do I want to end up stuck on benzos again either, BTW. I have had a couple fainting spells, the first when I was 10, so who knows. They were always in kind of funny situations,but I'll spare you the details for now. But I have always been on the soapbox about the evils of xanax and Wellbutrin--oh well. I am curious about the relationship between eating disorders and seizure risk. I think everyone has probably has heard the Zyban commercials (same stuff as is in Wellbutrin) where they say do not take if you have had a seizure or have ever had an eating disorder. I had resolved my eating disorder 10 years before the first seizure! And just recently I read for the first time somewhere that tramadol should never be given to someone who has ever had an eating disorder.

Maybe a week before I had read a post I think on this board about a woman who had a seizure from tramadol after she had just gotten in the car with her kids, but someone saw her and ran over and helped her. I was freaked. I wonder if the risk continues after you discontinue it?? (A guy in detox did have a seizure after discontinuing suboxone, so I am wondering . . .)

Well I have had it for tonight. Being irritated at my mother is exhausting. She is like a mirror reflecting all my ADD'ness back to me, but she doesn't need any help, of course, so she doesn't realize it or get treatment for it. She is actually a genius, but . . . nevermind. I am supposed to let go of my resentments, but can I use a head injury as an excuse?? Will be back later.

Doing some really deep meditating and thinking during my resting and will share with you guys what I am learing about my recovery (from addiction).

luv,
    rosie

Old 01-14-2005, 08:16 AM   #13
    Best Friend
    Veteran

Best Friend HB User

WHATTA STORY, Rosie. Oh my oh my oh my! I've got lots to comment, but have got to go offline now, so will pick up later. I am SOOOOO happy that you made it thru all the pitfalls (wrong diagnoses, etal!). As we say in NYC - OYE! Hugs -- and it is GREAT to see you back.
    Alice

Closed Thread