It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• 10 days off Suboxone Update

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
    nexcare
    (male)

nexcare HB User
    10 days off Suboxone Update

Hey all!

Havenít been here for a while. But wanted to update, and THANK YOU ALL!

First of all, it's been 10 days since my last crumb of Suboxone. The first five days were a drag, but NOTHING like the horrors of C/T. Mild cold/flu like symptoms.

The worst for me was body aches (first three days), fatigue (first 3 days) and sleeplessness (first 5 or 6 days).

Sleep has been getting better each night, and I am up to about 6 hours a night--with dreams! I haven't dreamed in months! Some are bad, some are ok, but my therapist said if I am dreaming, I am restoring my body's natural chemicals, and hormones, so even nightmares are good!

It was NOT unbearable--Advil, and lots of vitamins, all the B's, C, Zinc, Magnesium, Calcium, Melatonin, water & hot soaks in a tub (I'm really lucky, my landlords are so cool, and let me use their hot tub. They are also keeping me sane, and "talking me down" from my panic attacks, and just really supportive in general)--all helped a lot.

Whoda thunk Advil actually works for pain?!

Works a drag, but what else is new? I have to travel a lot, and my panic & anxiety is mostly over being away from my friends and family so early in my recovery.

Thank God I have you guys!!!

Any way, tapering off Suboxone was relatively easy-- no horror story here.

I was on a total of 22 days, and did a fast taper to-literally- crumbs for the last three days.

I wanted to thank all of you and wish you all the best in your progress. You gave me hope when there didn't seem to be any, and supported me throughout THE (hopefully) roughest patch of road I've ever been on.

I wanted to let you all know there is someone out there wishing you well, and that there is a light at the end of that tunnel--it's closer than you think.

One of the reasons I have not been here is that I have been busy doing 'normal' things (whatever "normal" means!) I am going out with friends, cooking, going to the movies, cleaned my apartment--it's been at least 6 months since I did that, shoveled 3 feet of snow yesterday--man, was that nasty, been working out almost daily, taking photographs, reading, rebuilding relationships with friends whom I withdrew from, planing a trip with friends to Berlin, Prague, and Budapest for this summer and have a lot to look forward to--I got my bank statement for December and noticed that I spent almost $1,400.00 on Norco in December alone! So I figure the money I save on that can fund my romp through Eastern Europe in the summer!

Doing stuff I couldn't or wouldn't do during my love affair with Norco. Well, I kicked that nasty dog to the curb, and life isnít so bad after all.

I just couldn't see through the rubble for a while!

You are, each and every one of you, angels! I am so grateful I found you, or you found me, or we found each other, or you know what I mean...

God bless,
    T

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 01:05 PM   #2
    djchriscap
    (male)

djchriscap HB User
    Re: 10 days off Suboxone Update

Hey Nex,
    Wasssuuuppp. Congrats. 12 Days for me. I killed the Sub in 5 days, while you were away. ARE YOU still CRAPPY though??????? I am still Up and Down. As you might have read already. Fri, Sat & Sun, I felt a little w/d and alot of anxiety. Been poppin Klonipin's but startin to kick them. I hope this crap ends soon for me. So how was the trip I tried to post you a message, but you were gone. Hope you start feeling good.

DJ

Old 01-24-2005, 02:19 PM   #3
    PryncessBee
    (female)

PryncessBee HB User

Nexcare,
    WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! You have really been my life support since you are in the same place i am- slightly ahead of me. I just took my last 1mg pill this morning and i am making the jump!!! I don't feel like dragging it on by continuing to cut each small piece in half- hope that's not a mistake. I have been on suboxone for 25 days and started feeling some flu like symptoms about two days ago- so i hope it does not get much worse. Thanks for your support, and if anyone has any advice, please share. I hope to be posting during the next couple of days depending on how bad the w/d get- please keep me in your prayers...
    Pryncess

Old 01-25-2005, 05:55 PM   #4
    Mike_NY
    (male)

Mike_NY HB User

Hello Nex.

I'm so glad to read this.. very inspiring! Congrats to you! I'm so excited by your post I can't even tell you.

I'm glad you brought up sleep. Last night was really the first night I drifted off pretty soon after laying down in the 10 days since I got off the norco. I don't THINK I have had a dream yet and looking forward to one if as you say it means the ole synapses are doing their thing again.

I can relate to the cleaning the apartment business and the cooking.My apartment is still a disaster area but I'm picking up the pieces little by little every day and seeing improvement. I call it cleaning up the wreckage of my addiction.

I had recieved a set of pot and pans for Christmas this year and they stayed in the box while I just ate garbage take out while popping pills. Now I have been cooking meals every night. Drinking lots of herbal tea as well.

Didn't mean to turn this reply into me me me but I just got excited as I related to your comments. I just planned a trip as well for 3 weeks from now. Can't wait to snorkel norco free!

Stay strong. I hope to read future updates on your progress.

Mike

Last edited by Mike_NY; 01-25-2005 at 06:04 PM.

Closed Thread