It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Controlling my life; Cocaine, Marijuana and Alcohol

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-18-2005, 06:06 PM   #1
    WhiteDJ
    (male)

WhiteDJ HB User
    Controlling my life; Cocaine, Marijuana and Alcohol

I am very scared to talk about my addiction with cocaine, marijuana, and alcohol to other people, much less can't even talk to my own doctor about it.

I have been doing cocaine for about 2 years now, and I am strongly addicted to it. I have tried multiple times to quit, but withdrawal becomes too strong and overwhelms me. I am so addicted I have sometimes turned to stealing money from people to get it. That has also almost cost me, since I have been close to getting caught on multiple occasions. A recent scare has increased my determination to cut back or quit (most likely cut back drastically) on cocaine. A few days ago I was rushed to the hospital after snorting 2 extremely fat lines. After snorting the 2 lines, I resumed my daily activites. About 6 minutes later when the numb feeling came into effect and the effects of the drug hit me, I blacked out and fall to the floor like a brick slamming my head against the tiled floor hard. The doctor reported to me the cause of my blackout. It was due to a lack of oxygen getting to my brain, as a result that cocaine blocks the vessels that carry oxygen to the brain.

Marijuana...I have been smoking marijuana for about 3 years now (sometimes laced with cocaine). I have decided to quit cold turkey as I have been arrested multiple times. Plain and simple.

Alcohol...let me straight out with this. Like cocaine, I wish to cut back and just be an occasional drinker. For 1 main reason is the case for this...and this reason was the death of a girl that I had fell in love with. For only a week this love lasted, as she was driving home and was struck by a drunk driver.

So now you see why I want to cut back and quit some of this. These 3 drugs have controlled my life for the past 3 years, and I have gotten me in trouble with the law and have crushed my life by taking someone I love.

The road ahead of me is long, but as the American Solders creed states..."I will never surrender.".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
    jbot

jbot HB User
    Re: Controlling my life; Cocaine, Marijuana and Alcohol

Hi DJ I have never tried any of the drugs that you talked about except alchol when I was a teen. I was not addicted to it but drank my share. I don`t know if you can just cut back on any drugs other then to taper and then stop altogether. The 3 things that you are using can`t be good for your health esp your liver and you need that to live. I wish i could tell you something but I haven`t been in your position but will give you the only advice I can. Maybe you should start by going to your dr and confessing and just tell him like you told us the truth. Ask him if he can help get you into a drug rehab program. You said you had someone you love killed by a drunk driver. If you don`t do something to control your drugs and alchol problem you could be the one doing the killing. Could you live with that for the rest of your life? As for stealing for drugs i hope and pray someone don`t shoot you while you are stealing. I`m afraid you need to have a talk with yourself and maybe even answer yourself out loud so you can hear your answer Well I wish you the best of luck please get help and ask God to help you through this.You sound like someone that is really a good person but just got caught up in something that is more then you can handle alone. Peace be with you and post any time....Jb

Old 02-19-2005, 04:49 PM   #3
    angel_of_faith
    (female)

angel_of_faith HB User

Hey DJ~
    I can understand what you are going through with the marajuana(sp?) I've been smoking for 4 years and its so hard to stop. I was addicted to alcohol but my eyes were opened when I seen what my aunt went through when she was in the hospital...it's not a pretty thing to see and it still haunts me seeing her fight for her life of ventalators....she passed away in July and I have maybe been drunk one time and it's not appealing to me anymore. As for cocaine, I have personally never used it but I was into crystal meth and I thought really hard to myself on if i get way bad addicted to this drug this is how my life is going to be...and with drugs you never know who handles them and that's so scary. I know how hard things are to quit and i am doing one thing at a time and got rid of alcohol and crystal meth. If you really don't think you can do it on your own then I really encourage you to get help and go to a rehab...there is professionals that will help you every step of the way....i agree with the other poster that you sounds like a really nice person but got caught up in the wrong things...a good friend of mine is serving time in prison for selling as well as doing cocaine.....He told me that it was never worth it now that he is seeing the light. Please don't let something major happen to you before you realize it's too late. Good luck to you and if you ever need someone to talk to then please post I am good about checking everyday....if not then my prayers and thoughts are with you

Old 02-19-2005, 05:08 PM   #4
    aerdna
    (female)

aerdna HB User

I am sorry that I cant give you any advice on this. My comment for you is that I wish and pray for you the best of luck with your struggle. I am sure there are people who know and love you, I know this because, I dont know you...

BUT I LOVE YOU!

Old 02-20-2005, 09:47 AM   #5
    WhiteDJ
    (male)

WhiteDJ HB User

A small update...

It has been 12 hours since my last fix. However, the effects of withdrawal are starting to set in...I twitch randomly, I am getting sick and I sometimes shake uncontrollably.

I am working hard to fight these effects and not let them win the battle.

I also thank everyone for thier support. I am an Atheist, but if there is indeed a god...may be bless each and everyone of you.

Old 02-20-2005, 11:49 AM   #6
    Mark4321
    (male)

Mark4321 HB User

hey the best thing ican say is i relate allright it has been awhile since i done crack coke and meth but i was doing it daily an eightball aday or more ran with alot of bikers ididnt quit i surendered and gave my my addiction to god he and only he removed the craveing and the urge to use I did it for myself and no other reason .I got councing & support for my addiction freedom is great .i have ahome a family anice bike and i try to help other addicts hang in there &god bless

Old 02-20-2005, 01:34 PM   #7
    WhiteDJ
    (male)

WhiteDJ HB User

I would also like to point out to those who suggested a drug detox program.

I will be joining a drug detox program shortly after I finish and get my GED.

It is called the United States Army.

Old 02-20-2005, 02:05 PM   #8
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhiteDJ
    I would also like to point out to those who suggested a drug detox program.

I will be joining a drug detox program shortly after I finish and get my GED.

It is called the United States Army.

That's wonderful...sometimes it takes a dream to motivate us enough to succeed....so here's to your success .....Goody

Old 02-20-2005, 02:40 PM   #9
    WhiteDJ
    (male)

WhiteDJ HB User

Thanks goody.

I am not just going into the Army for drug detox, I am also going in to get training in the field of communications (Satellite Communications Systems Operator/Maintainer) and to serve my country.

Old 02-20-2005, 03:57 PM   #10
    skargie420

skargie420 HB User
    Exclamation Re: Controlling my life; Cocaine, Marijuana and Alcohol

Ok i understand you totaly i was once addicted to cocain, marjuana , and occasionally light up a jack dipped in pcp. I had to stop I tried to do the whole cold turkey thing but, it wont work. I emmited myself, there i could be watched and controlled . It was the best thing I ever did, then After i was let out My family and I moved out of the area in which I was living in to rid myself of the memories and thoughts . I have been clean for a year and im still going. Trust me in my case it was the only way. Its hard , depressing, and it not hurts you it hurts every1else. When your on drugs you dont think straight. The drug takes over and thinks for you. Do it foryourself. Remember that bad times always pass, you wont suffer for ever . its only for a short time. Be strong!

Last edited by skargie420; 02-20-2005 at 03:58 PM.

Old 02-20-2005, 04:17 PM   #11
    WhiteDJ
    (male)

WhiteDJ HB User

Glad to hear that skargie.

However, I was locked up in Holy Family mental institute (my mom got the cops after me) and that was the point in my life where I couldn't go 5 minutes without a fix of cocaine. It was torture and I was stabbed (more like injected) with an uncountable number of needles in the butt to calm me down.

I beleive going into the Army will help me completely turn my life around, since I will have other soldiers to talk with who might or might not have had the same problem.

Old 02-23-2005, 09:36 AM   #12
    angel_of_faith
    (female)

angel_of_faith HB User

WhiteDJ~
    That is great you are going into the army...that is really awesome that you are wanting to do something...especially something that alot of people could never do..haha...I am sure being in the army will occupy a lot of your time. I just wanted to post real quick and congratulate you and good luck with all of this and I hope the best for you. When do you go into boot camp?

Old 02-23-2005, 02:09 PM   #13
    Mark4321
    (male)

Mark4321 HB User
    Talking Re: Controlling my life; Cocaine, Marijuana and Alcohol

I`m ex outlaw biker .IVE live a hard fast life .i did all the dope i could get my hands on and yours too.it has been 10 years ago and it was hard to quit.Iwas tired of the dope owning me. Iwas not free.sold my harley so Icouldnt get into any other outlaw club I,quit cold turkey .its hard but ididnt use to like peaple or myself .so it was hard to ask for help.iended up clean but not nice or pleasent iIdidnt change much got back in clubs s ihated everything one day i Iwent on a run for speacial children and met some christian hardcore bikers ,iwas ready to use agin two years later Icalled them Iwanted some good peaple in my life.Ididnt wake up and give my life to christ but sept. 1st i did. I have changed completely over nite no drugs no piecring no cussing and agreat peace has entered my life Inow ride forthe C.M.A.it is amotorcycle minisrty .we minister to hardcore bikers .jesus did for me what i coulnt do for my self Icofessed my sins asked jesus into my life even though I felt i didnt deserve it it happened and he clean me up so Icould tell others.no GOD to know GOD and PEACE Ican love today and Idont run .he is there for all his children peace out.

Last edited by Mark4321; 02-23-2005 at 02:11 PM.

Old 02-24-2005, 09:27 AM   #14
    angel_of_faith
    (female)

angel_of_faith HB User
    Talking Re: Controlling my life; Cocaine, Marijuana and Alcohol

Those are the success stories I like to hear Mark4321. That is so awesome that you did that. It takes a big person to confess to their sins. It's not an easy thing but you accomplished that and that makes my heart so glad. Good luck to you and your new beginnings

Old 02-24-2005, 10:48 AM   #15
    xpress80
    (male)

xpress80 HB User

Very inspirational stuff. Unlike many people are aware, there are addicts like whitedj who are scared and do not make themselves heard on the forums. This post should act as a source of inspiration for them. I really hope it does.

Closed Thread