It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Quit Zoloft... Bad Problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-28-2005, 04:36 PM   #1
    bew3994
    (male)

bew3994 HB User
    Unhappy Quit Zoloft... Bad Problems

I just quite Zoloft about 1 week ago after 5 yrs. I am experiencing bad dizziness at times and a bit of mood swings that are quite interesting to say the least. Has anyone gone through the withdrawls and if so, how long till you began not feeling the symptoms? I am a bit scared and hope to hear back from someone....

Thanks

Brandon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2005, 04:42 PM   #2
    Toribelle

Toribelle HB User
    Re: Quit Zoloft... Bad Problems

I didn't take Zoloft but I took it's cousin - Paxil. I had those symptoms for a long time. I hate to say I was still taking about 1/4 of a pill every other day or so after six months.

Because I weaned and didn't stop cold turkey - you may not find that they last so long. That "brain zap" thing that's hard to describe was the thing that lingered - nothing else.

It's not easy to stop Anti Depressant medication because so many cause these withdrawal symptoms - but remember that in this case your body was dependant on them - you weren't mentally addicted to them.

Hope this helps - make sure you tell your doctor you took yourself off - it's never a good idea to stop those kinds of meds on your own!

Tori

Old 02-28-2005, 06:09 PM   #3
    SheSparkles
    Inactive
    (female)

SheSparkles HB User

[QUOTE=bew3994]I just quite Zoloft about 1 week ago after 5 yrs. I am experiencing bad dizziness at times and a bit of mood swings that are quite interesting to say the least. Has anyone gone through the withdrawls and if so, how long till you began not feeling the symptoms? I am a bit scared and hope to hear back from someone....

Brandon,
    Not a good idea to chop off these things.........much better to go off slowly. Any AD needs a slowing down time. Just as you can't go on them at the maintenence dose..you must ramp up. I would start up again and wean off slowly. You will feel better and it's safer
    Sparkles

Old 03-01-2005, 05:39 AM   #4
    lbp35
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lbp35 HB User

I agree with all above...wean yourself off! I quit cold turkey from bad advice (from a pharmacist) if you can believe it) and I was miserable. Very dizzy, emotional and more depressed. I called my doc who said never, ever quit cold turkey it makes depression very bad. Maybe call your doc if the dizziness continues. Good luck!

Closed Thread