It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Just stopped taking Vicodin, my confession

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-07-2005, 07:17 PM   #1
    ucistu
    (male)

ucistu HB User
    Just stopped taking Vicodin, my confession

So here goes my confession. I've been using vicodin now for longer for a year and finally quit. Boy was it tough but my habit was huge. I was using about 40 - 50 vicodin 10mg pills a day. It has cost tons of money and it's very sad for me to admit this. I stopped last Sat and the withdrawls were something evil. It's been 5 days now and I still can't sleep or eat anything. I bought a natural clensing book and that has helped to start the process of repairing my body. I know the process is long to get over this but any special words of encouragement would help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2005, 09:04 PM   #2
    ucistu
    (male)

ucistu HB User
    Re: Just stopped taking Vicodin, my confession

Thanks! About how long does it take to feel completly fine? Because I was popping 4 pills every few hours my tolerance was obviously built up. I'm just lucky I didn't die from taking so much tylenol. Thanks again.

Old 04-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #3
    beachdreamin'
    (female)

beachdreamin' HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Just stopped taking Vicodin, my confession

Good for you to stop, I'm sure it is very hard not only physically but mentally too. Have you told anyone else like friends or family? Also, don't feel bad if you can't just bounce back from this right away..and don't feel bad to seek some professional help if you need it. Keep going cause you've probably already made it through the hardest part!!!!

Old 04-07-2005, 10:25 PM   #4
    Catholic_dad
    (male)

Catholic_dad HB User

Congratualtions, I was only taking four to five pills a day, but for over two years and wow I still feel pretty bad, I tried hard to taper but I just could not keep the amount down. I just quit a the beginning of the week. Good for you. I am not sure but from everything that I have read to feel back to speed completely it takes about a month. Although I hear you should feel a lot better after about a week to a week and a half.
    Keep it going.

Andrew

Last edited by Catholic_dad; 04-07-2005 at 10:27 PM.

Old 04-08-2005, 09:08 PM   #5
    ucistu
    (male)

ucistu HB User

Well, tomorrow is one week clean from the huge addiction I had from the hydro. At the momment I feel like I have a huge black cloud over my head. The depression follows me everywhere. I usually never get depressed but now because of quitting CT and all the hydro I've been using my body has a while to adjust. Anyone out there that had such a huge addiction daily did it last alot longer than a month?

My habit has cost so much that I'm broke. I have a great job and hopefully I'll recover financially too. I went from perfect credit last year to avoiding my phone calls because I haven't paid my credit card bills. I just wanted to let that out, I visit this site daily to help with my addiction, this is a great place to come to!

Old 04-09-2005, 04:33 AM   #6
    sweetlife
    (female)

sweetlife HB User

OMG 40-50 pills a day & you quit CT. That was a huge task, I am sure. Give it some time! Sleep I think is the last thing to return. It took me a good 3 weeks. You said you are still not eating. Please drink, get gatorade or even pedialyte, you need to get the electrolytes back into your system. Drink, Drink, Drink!
    Stay strong, don't cave! It has been 5 days, Pat yourself on the back. If you need to stay in bed do it. But try & go for as walk, even if you just walk around you house.
    Really be proud of yourself! I am

Hugs
    DV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DV

Old 04-09-2005, 04:42 AM   #7
    sweetlife
    (female)

sweetlife HB User

That was my worst symptom depressin/anxiety. It took me a good 6 weeks. But everyone is different. So what happend for me might not happen to you! Just stay focused, on this HUGH addiction you put behind you, don't look back look straigh ahead.
    Think about the positive things in your life...Your alive, You have a great job, you are able to get out of bed each day, I am sure you have wonderful family/friends, and most of all you are NOT held captive by pills anymore.

Each day WILL get easire. Go back & search my posts you will see I felt horrible, like I would never get out of this funk. But I did. Everyone on these boards is truly a godsend. I am sending positive thoughts your way. Go for a walk today!

DV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DV

Old 04-09-2005, 06:08 AM   #8
    goddessgrl65
    Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User

Congrads to you-
    That is a hefty habit-you are doing really well-immerse yourself in that natural healing book-and i know w/in a week you are going to be feeling so much better physically.
    The emotional stuff-can be difficult to manage-meditation and accupunture are proven to be helpful-and other support-Smart recovery-therapy-counceling-can really make a differance.
    Lots of water/healthy food-rest...makes the transition easier.
    And you can always vent here-and reach out..
    Great support here..
    peace to you..
    ggrl

Old 04-09-2005, 12:44 PM   #9
    ucistu
    (male)

ucistu HB User
    Smile Re: Just stopped taking Vicodin, my confession

Thanks goddess and dolce for those kind words. It really helped alot.

The sleeping is so bad. At least I'm now over the restless legs thing and the night sweats. That was a real ugly thing. I did go to the health store and bought the best natural detox and meal replacement stuff. The brand is metagenics and it's called advaclear. It has the vitamins and some natural energy boosters like vit B. Also, bought some sam-e which I think works as well. I believed it has helped alot.

Because I have no appetite I've been drinking ensure and gatorade. I figure my body is getting a great break from the daily ritual of fast food, and pills pills pills. MY poor liver, that organ can take alot.

To finally come clean so I won't buy this vicodin anymore I told my family last night. Very supportive and in fact it went very well. It was hard to say I had a 40 - 50 pill a day habit. But it went very well. To support my habit I would of course use my CC or debit card, so the plan is to join accounts and my family will monitor my spending on where I shop. It's silly at age 29 to have that happen but it's the best route for me to stay clean.

Nonetheless, thanks again for those words now with the depression and anxiety hovering over me it helps to hear that it will be over at some point. Thank you thank you and thank you!!

Old 04-09-2005, 02:20 PM   #10
    sweetlife
    (female)

sweetlife HB User

I am so glad you confided in your family. I am SO happy that they were supportive, because that is what you need support. No it's not silly, it's wonderful to have that family support. See how loved you are!

I know what you mean about the night sweats, they are the worst. Especially when you are freezing but sweating at the same time.That drove me crazy.

Yes...The anxiety/depression will go away, I thought it never would. It drove me crazy. I said I never felt like this while taking pills. But Please give it time. It will come. I thought to myself I gave my brain all these pills & boosted those endorpinns. Now your brain is saying wait whats going on? Now it has to make these endorpins on it's own. I don't know I hope I made some sense to you.

The sleeping will return in time too. You should be SO proud of yourself. I was only taking between 6-8 pills a day. You gave up a 40-50 a day. WOW that's impressive.
    Think about it .....Making it thru this you really can do just about anything you put your mind to.

Vey happy for you! Just hang in there, Brighter days are coming for you! I promise

DV

DV

Old 04-09-2005, 04:19 PM   #11
    ucistu
    (male)

ucistu HB User

I just got back from using the treadmill for 15 min. I sweated like a pig but it was a good thing. Everyone has said to exercise and you'll feel better, and it worked. I have always hated to exercise, and having a fast metabolism and never weighing past 145 lbs, I've never seen the reason to work out. Until now, that has really worked. I'm starting the daily workout routine so that should speed up this process of feeling horrible, and will end more quickly.

Old 04-09-2005, 04:52 PM   #12
    seekingnormal05

seekingnormal05 HB User

Just wanted to say that I am very proud of what you are doing. I know I don't know you but when reading your posts I am so very impressed. Your
    posts seem to be so nonsensical (sp?), like you have just decided this
    is what you must do. Keep going. You are doing great. Remember that
    the negative feelings will pass and you will be stronger than you have
    been in a long, long time.

Old 04-10-2005, 09:35 AM   #13
    ucistu
    (male)

ucistu HB User

Today Sunday day 8, woke up and finally feeling like I got a good nights sleep. I felt refressed. I think it was probably due to the exercise yesterday too. I have my appetite this am and have been eating. I also got my sex drive back, so I can see how my body is restoring itself and eventually getting back to normal.

Everyones posts have been positive and I enjoy logging on to read everyones response and encouragement. Hearing everything does get better, and now actually starting to experiencing it, works the best for me. I'm going to exercise again today with the 15 min stairstepper, although I'm not looking forward to the gym, but I have to, and will go! Talk to you all soon!

Old 04-17-2005, 11:10 AM   #14
    ucistu
    (male)

ucistu HB User
    Smile Re: Just stopped taking Vicodin, my confession

Day 15 clean from my 50 a day cicodin habit and things are getting better. At points in the day I get depressed so I eat or exercise and it works. I have to sweat this stuff out. I'm still slean and I read this boards frequently. Everyone here has been so helpful to keep me sober. Because I didn't eat for a few days and only drank juice and water I figured that was my body cleanse so I ran with that and completley changed my diet. I've been eating so healthy that it feels really good. I'm not over weight but my insides feel like they are. At 29 I've been filling with my body of fast food and pills. Well, at day 15 clean and with a healthy diet and exercise it has been working. Although, I can't cut out coffee in the am yet, I feel my body changing. Someone at work the other day said I had a glow about myself. It's the little things that help. Looking forward to next week. thanks everyone!

Old 04-17-2005, 04:40 PM   #15
    PILZZRME
    (male)

PILZZRME HB User

Ucistu
    Exercise is our best weapon. I know you wont feel like it - but it will help you physically and psychologically enormously. Endorphins, serotonin and all neurotransmitters increase in production during exercise - so go for it.
    Have you never noticed - not during this time of course - but when you were well - that if you felt "down" and forced yourself to go for a walk you felt so much better? Well - just multiply that by a factor of 10 or more for gym work. Take care of your diet - yep - try to cut the caffeine (well - perhaps just one cup of java to get you going in the morning!! LOL) and avoid sugar like the plague.
    Well done - you sound great - you are winning this war - and so quickly too by c/t - no hanging about tapering or substituting opiates for you. Cut straight to the chase. hope to hear how you are tomorrow? You are totally inspirational.

Closed Thread