It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Naltrexone...when can I begin it?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-10-2005, 11:20 AM   #1
    heyheyjude
    (female)

heyheyjude HB User
    Naltrexone...when can I begin it?

Hi, all....first time here, so thanks in advance for any info. I'm at the end of the throes of self-detoxying from Oxycontin (last one on Tues., today being Sunday), and I had some Vicodin on Thursday. Since then, I've had nothing but Valium to assist with the cramping, etc. Thank God my physician aggreed to prescribe Naltrexone for me and I'll pick up the 'script for it tomorrow. However, I've been reading a lot of info. online and am now discovering that it's also being used for alcohol abuse/addiction. My question is: does anyone know how soon I can begin taking the Naltrexone SAFELY so that no opiods are still in my system, which would lead to an immediate state of withdrawal if I begin the treatment tomorrow?
    Also, IF I'm permitted and as I've been reading some of the post's here, I'll gladly share the info. and necessity (for me, at least) of this non-addictive treatment. I need to hurry and get it into me, as I'm craving a Percocet right now and know where there are some; I'm NOT going after them, just fyi. I broke my shoulder in 6 places a few months ago and it's actually hurting more now than ever, I'm sure due to the fact that I have little to no painkillers in my body. I'm just too much of a baby to want to go into a severe withdrawal, yet my longing is growing....sigh.
    Lastly, lots of understanding here for the oh-so-familiar post's I've read; good luck everyone and do NOT give up. Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread