It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Hydrocodone arrest

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-29-2005, 07:15 AM   #31
    lovey1
    (female)

lovey1 HB User
    Re: Hydrocodone arrest

Hi Becky,
    I've been following your story and I have to say that I am APPALLED that your doctor would call in 240 hydros to an admitted drug addict, and then leave you in charge of your taper!!!! If you could control yourself with 240 tabs then you wouldn't be in this mess in the first place would you? I'm so glad you had the courage to give them back! Give yourself a great big pat on the back for doing so, I'm sure I couldn't have given them back myself.
    Also, I would make a point of telling your lawyer exactly what you just said on here. That shows how far you've come in just a short time. Don't go back to a taper. I've never tried it myself, but from what I've read on here, they are very hard to do.
    I know it doesn't feel like it, but you are making great progress, and, YES, you WILL feel like your normal self again! It takes time and work, but it will come. Please don't give in and try a taper. You will still have to go through the horrible withdrawals again, no matter what you do.
    Good luck to you, Becky. I'm rooting for you!
    Mary Beth

PS. I would maybe think about steering clear of your doctor for now. She obviously does not understand addiction and may not have your best interests at heart. What she did could almost be considered Malpractice. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is outraged by this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2005, 07:51 AM   #32
    valleygurl
    Inactive
    (female)

valleygurl HB User

Becky, I am glad to see you are back! I am sorry that you arent feeling too well. It will get better, It has to!!!! So how long were you at Hazeldon? What did they do for you? Didnt you have to go c/t without the pills while you were there? So how long have you been pill free? I am sorry to over load you with all these questions while you arent feeling to well, I am just very curious as to how it all works and what they did for you. Just answer when you feel up to it. Just know that we are all here for you.

I also want you to know that I,too, have a severely handicapped child that the doctors have labeled as terminal. I, too know oh so well how the "pills" help to mask and numb the pain we endure every day from just all the stress and "the not knowing", ya know what i mean?
    I would absolutely love to hear about your daughter. I bet she is absolutely beautiful! My son is 8 1/2 and he is just the apple of my eye, not to mention his fathers as well! All the other children just dote over him. He is our spoiled little angel!

I will be waiting to hear from you! Just remember, if you need any type of support or comfort, just come here.

((((HUGS TO YOU)))) ValleyGurl

Old 05-02-2005, 06:07 AM   #33
    becky157
    (female)

becky157 HB User

Hello again-
    Need some help guys- if possible before 3:15 today when I have a doctor's appt. My lawyer has now informed me that it would actually look better for me in court if I could find a physician who would give me Lortab under his supervision. My parents have money, and this is one of the best lawyers in town, so what should I do?? I'll be totally honest, I would love to take them under a doctor's care. Who wouldn't I guess. Never did take the amount some of you guys have, usually 8 a day. Therefore, I never did have the physical withdrawls, but I actually believe the mental part is harder. Like "this little pill will make me function and feel so much better" thing. That to me is the hardest to kick. Anyway, Advice anyone??
    Thanks so much-
    Becky

Old 05-02-2005, 06:18 AM   #34
    DCV
    Veteran
    (male)

DCV HB User

Becky, I've gone the taper route, and its so hard to control unless someone actually dispenses your daily dose to you. If you have control of the whole bottle, you will fail. And you'll be in the same predicament you were in before. I guess you can give it a try and see. But having gone the taper route myself, I just don't beleive in it. I do beleive in a maintenance program though. I'm also rather dubious that a lawyer would give you that kind of advice. That is a decision that should be left to a medical professional. What difference would it make to a judge if you were on a taper or a maintenance medication as long as you are making a serious effort to quit?

Old 05-02-2005, 06:53 AM   #35
    becky157
    (female)

becky157 HB User

Dear DCV:
    I am not sure what you mean by a maintenance program??
    Thanks,
    Becky

Old 05-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #36
    DCV
    Veteran
    (male)

DCV HB User

Methadone or suboxone. These are typically referred to as maintenance drugs that are taken to ease the "cravings" for opiates but don't make you high.

Old 05-02-2005, 02:06 PM   #37
    toomany
    (female)

toomany HB User

Hi Becky,

Have you started your out patient treatment program yet? I would call one of the counselors there to get some help with this. Getting back on pills doesn't sound like a reasonable solution to me.

I know you are feeling bad without the pills but if you hang in there your life will turn around. Don't give up.

Take care,
    Patty

Old 05-02-2005, 06:01 PM   #38
    becky157
    (female)

becky157 HB User

Went to the doctor and got 60 Lortab- this is to begin a taper. I know you might not believe this, but only took 2 and just having them in the drawer
    almost gives me the strength not to take them. I will make these last as long as possible and maybe even try to not take any. The psychological effect for me is huge. As I stated before, never had physical withdrawl. Actually don't even know if they are doing anything for me, but my mind says they are. Really don't experience the high anymore. I know, I have probably failed myself. Does any of the above make any sense? Once again, my depression over my child's illness is overwhelming-
    Thanking you all again,
    Becky

Old 05-04-2005, 06:00 AM   #39
    DCV
    Veteran
    (male)

DCV HB User

Well, I'm dubious about your ability to taper on your own. But its been done before, but the odds are stacked against you, I hope you can do it. Sooner or later, your going to have to deal with the reality of your life. I'm sorry if I come across as heartless, I choose to think of myself as a realist. Those 60 Lortabs will likely be gone before refill time. I'd sure like to see you go to NA, get on sub and start trying to deal with life without the mind numbing effects of pain pills.

Sending you the power.

Closed Thread