It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• 11 days clean, One more step

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-19-2005, 05:29 AM   #16
    Proward
    (male)

Proward HB User
    Re: 11 days clean, One more step

Here I am. I did my last OC on Sunday evening at around 7:00pm. I did aboout 80mgs all together during the day on Sunday and did the last half of a 40mg (20mgs) at 7:00pm Sunday evening. Monday morning, I took 1 10/800 Hydro/Acap to help me get through the day. After working a 9 1/2 hour day, I did another 10/800 Hydro/Acap and a half of a smaller pain pill (not sure what kind. Small, bullet shaped white pill.). I drank 1 half of a beer with the 1 1/2 pills and I slept pretty darn good. It was the first night I went to bed without doing an OC in quite some time. I woke up at 3:00am and was pretty awake for about 45 minuites and then fell back to sleep until wakey up time at 5:00am. Just before wakeup, I woke briefly and my arms started to get that GD Restless Arm feeling that is oh so familiar to me. The restless arms almost killed me the first time I quit CT from the oxys back during the first week of January, 2005 after doing them pretty cosistently for the past 1 1/2 years. So, I am about 37 1/2 hours into no Oxys and about 12 hours since no Hydros. I wanted to try a taper instead of an absolute CT and I think it is working better for me. I dreamt last night for a long time, which is pretty unusual for me when I am doing Oxys all the time. I was tols that if you start dreamins when quitting an opiate addiction, you are close to being cleansed, cause the opiate blocks your normal sleep and prevents you from getting to the deepest phase of sleep where dreams happen. That is why although the pills give you that supposed energy, you feel tired and drained a lot of the time as well, especially between doses. Anyway, wish me luck. The cravings for more of that euphoric feeling will kick in, no doubt, as they have so many times before. I think a lot of us quit out of not having another choice. Our connection is dry and we can't find anymore at the present time. So, we quit, taper go cold turkey. Then, our fountain repleneshes, our body and minds forget the pain of the withdrawl and all we remember is the euphoric opiate feeling and we crave and do - again. Thus, the endless cycle of addiction. Even last night, on the drive home, although I want to quit so bad and had made up my mind to Not Do, I called 2 sources looking. Luckily, they were dry and I went home. Addiction is a strange bedfellow. It is a constant struggle and I want desperately to be able to say that I am still clean after 4, 5, 11 months. We do what we can do and we support each other here. Take care. P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2005, 11:31 AM   #17
    MrClean
    (male)

MrClean HB User

Keep going strong Proward

I'm on day 18 clean off the opiates and day 8 off of ciggs and I'm feeling really good. I still have the anxiety and I'll feel it it my legs every once in a while, but overall I'm a lot happier to be where I am then where I was 3 weeks ago.

If you're already dreaming, I'd say you're doing really good. I didn't start dreaming again until like 3 or 4 days ago. But keep going strong it will only get better. For me I started seeing a noticable improvement after 10 or 11 days but I guess everyone is different.

I'm starting to work out again, which is great. I haven't wanted to do that since I started taking these damn things a few years ago. Now all the sudden I have the energy and motivation. And surprisingly I'm not even craving the pills. I mean it would feel great, I'm sure. but I feel a lot better over all now that I haven't been taking them and wouldn't want to go back for anything.

Keep going strong every day is a big step forward. And after a couple weeks you'll start to feel normal again. It's amazing how aweful those little things make you feel, all while thinking that they are making you feel great!

Old 04-20-2005, 12:06 PM   #18
    GloryGurl
    (female)

GloryGurl HB User

MrClean, So there truely is a better life after the pills???? I sure hope so. I have a question for you, over the period while you were using, you said you werent working out or anything, so i was wondering if you had experienced alot of muscle soreness? I mean like if you decided to do light exercising during the time you were using if like the next day you were soooooo very sore? I have been experiencing this and wanted to know if it is contributed to the pill use in any way. Thanks so much in advance.

Glory

P.S. keep posting about how good you feel without the pills. It is so encouraging!

Old 04-28-2005, 10:44 AM   #19
    DanandKim
    (male)

DanandKim HB User

2BClean,
    Thank you...you have just made me smile Ann

Closed Thread