HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Addiction & Recovery (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/addiction-recovery/)
-   -   For all the sick and suffering - using or not... (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/addiction-recovery/279902-all-sick-suffering-using-not.html)

TomsWife 05-01-2005 08:34 AM

For all the sick and suffering - using or not...

Morning,
Still trying to get my computer working properly. AARGGGGG ! I was in the kitchen a little while ago making breakfast and my husband, out of the blue, told me he loved me (always says that) and that he is proud of me (last time he said that was because I got a raise at my job). He's proud of me not drinking. Proud of ME ! I have a long, long way to go. I still consider myself sick and suffering. Just not as bad as when I was drinking and drugging.
I am going to say a special prayer toninght for all those that are on this board still sick and suffering, using or not. I appreciate all of you here. I get a lot out of reading these posts.

Marilyn
-- Today is day 15. Past the 2 week mark. If I can do it, why dont you do it with me?

[B]Not haveing a drink or drug wont kill me. Having a drink or drug WILL.......[/B]

Sandyspen 05-01-2005 10:11 AM

Re: For all the sick and suffering - using or not...

Ahhhhhhh Marilyn,

Your post brought tears to my eyes! I would give my right arm if my hubby was clean for 15 days!!!!!

You go girl!!!!!!!!!

Sandy

Gr8fulGoldfish 05-01-2005 10:18 AM

Good afternoon Marilyn,
That is certainly a nice way to start a day. You always make me smile and feel better, I am glad your husband was able to do it for you!!!

[QUOTE=TomsWife] Still trying to get my computer working properly. [/QUOTE]

If you want to describe whats happening, I will try to help.

G8G

jessy28 05-01-2005 05:41 PM

Good for you. But once again, you know he does not get it, and he was trying to be suportive. Good attitude to have. At least you know that just because you take away the drink and the drugs you are messed up. You have to know that to get better. I had my baby!!!!! He is awesome. I have never experienced anything in my life more special than having this baby. Go figure. I can't even put it into words. He is beautiful. I cry thinking about it. He was born at 8lbs 10 oz and healthy. He came out screaming and ******* all over everyone. Ha. Yep, that is my child. Every fear I had about being a parent went away the minute I saw him and held him for the first time. He is great and my husband has been a great father. I am sooo in love with everything right now. I got to come home early from the hospital. I was not supposed to be home untill tomorrow but everything looked good and I have been feeling good since the C section so they let me come on home. I don't like hospitals so I am glad they let me come home. I was happy before and content but this is a whole new level. This is why I got sober and I thank who ever it is I pray to every day for my blessings of meaning and happiness.

NoMore4Me 05-01-2005 05:45 PM

Tomswife.

Thanks for praying for all of us, I will do the same for you and the rest of the people here,
15 days, your winning the fight, I'm happy for you.
We're in this together which makes it so nice

God Bless You Marilyn

mrgrateful 05-02-2005 06:43 AM

Thank you............that's very nice to hear