It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• How long does it take?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-01-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
    KatherinePerez5
    (female)

KatherinePerez5 HB User
    Question How long does it take?

How long does it take to clear ecstasy out of your system? Does anybody know if there's a way to help it clear out faster? Any input would be great. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2005, 11:29 PM   #2
    CarGuy232
    Inactive
    (male)

CarGuy232 HB User
    Re: How long does it take?

Generally speaking, it takes about the same time as methamphetamine, which is anywhere from 2-5 days. Hope that helped.

~Jason

Old 05-02-2005, 09:00 AM   #3
    Nervous Nellie

Nervous Nellie HB User
    Re: How long does it take?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KatherinePerez5
    How long does it take to clear ecstasy out of your system? Does anybody know if there's a way to help it clear out faster? Any input would be great. Thanks!
    Hi Katherine,

As far as the active drug "E" in your system, yes it can be flushed out in about a week, however, depending on how long you've been on it and how much you've taken, it can take at least a year for the seratonin levels in your brain to go back to normal.

Withdrawl from Ecstasy (MDMA) can cause severe depression, anxiety and fatigue for quite some time. Because it alters your brain's seratonin levels (the "feel good" chemicals), it takes a while for your own body to produce them again on it's own.

Don't be discouraged if you feel crappy after stopping "E". Your brain will eventually start producing it's own chemicals again naturally. When you pop a lot of "E", your brain no longer has to produce it's own seratonin levels, and when you stop...your brain essentially has to learn to produce what you were feeding it artificially.

Nellie

Closed Thread