It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• almost clean 2 years and still having problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2005, 10:33 AM   #1
    Trivial Rush

Trivial Rush HB User
    almost clean 2 years and still having problems

hi everyone so ive been clean for awhile now but i still have all these problems. My memory is horrible and my eyesight isn't that good either. I cannotr focus or concentrate that well and iam either really tired or paranoid and anxious. I was addicted to vicodin for 2 years and cocaine for 3 years. The last 2 years i used it was mostly vicodin, coke, and alcohol, i know overdosed a few times. So here is my question are these symptoms going to go away with time or will they just get worse. oh i also have trouble walking, when i walk it feels like the ground is moving up and down. I know this might sound weird but thats the best way i can explain it. Any suggestions I've had an MRI and a pet scan done and both came out normal but i feel like ****. oh and by the way iam always yawning during the day even if I've had plenty of sleep. Could this be some sort of amphetimene poisoing or something

Last edited by Trivial Rush; 05-04-2005 at 10:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2005, 10:49 AM   #2
    mrgrateful
    (male)

mrgrateful HB User
    Re: almost clean 2 years and still having problems

Geeze sounds *** up to me. I don't know what to say.......perhaps meditation, prayer, diet & exercise, I'll pray for you to heal yourself.......JT

Old 05-04-2005, 01:27 PM   #3
    Nervous Nellie

Nervous Nellie HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trivial Rush
    hi everyone so ive been clean for awhile now but i still have all these problems. My memory is horrible and my eyesight isn't that good either. I cannotr focus or concentrate that well and iam either really tired or paranoid and anxious. I was addicted to vicodin for 2 years and cocaine for 3 years. The last 2 years i used it was mostly vicodin, coke, and alcohol, i know overdosed a few times. So here is my question are these symptoms going to go away with time or will they just get worse. oh i also have trouble walking, when i walk it feels like the ground is moving up and down. I know this might sound weird but thats the best way i can explain it. Any suggestions I've had an MRI and a pet scan done and both came out normal but i feel like ****. oh and by the way iam always yawning during the day even if I've had plenty of sleep. Could this be some sort of amphetimene poisoing or something
    Hi Trivial,

First off, congratulations for your 2 years of being clean. That is amazing and very heartening.

My son was addicted to Ecstasy and was told by the doctors that it would take AT LEAST a year for his seratonin levels in his brain to come anywhere close to "normal".

The human brain and nervous system have amazing resiliency, but it does take quite a long time to "normalize" after the artificial input of chemicals that are mind altering, to say the least.

The younger you are, the quicker you will heal. Healing also depends on your current lifestyle in terms of physical activity, mental stress, diet and nutrition.

At the same time, the problems you are experiencing right now could have been masked by the drugs and perhaps you need to see a doctor who will give you a complete neurological work-up.

Have you asked your doctors about this?

Nellie

Old 05-04-2005, 04:16 PM   #4
    Trivial Rush

Trivial Rush HB User

i already had neuropsychological testing done and the results showed that i do have memory problems there isn't much i can do I exercise a lot and iam graduating from college so its not like i can't do anything. Iam surprised that iam doing well in school but i have problems talking and other things that i mentioned earlier. Plus iam really stressed out my boyfriend left me 5 months ago and we were together for 3 years and were suppossed to get married and everything. He was with me while i was doing drugs and when i stopped he was really supportive at first but then i started complaining a lot and didn't feel like myself and i used to call him and cry all the time. It wasn't very pleasant for either one of us, and i guess he couldn't wait any longer for me to get better so he just bounced. Iam really upset and suicidal some days. I hope my life gets better otherwise i might do something stupid.

Old 05-04-2005, 09:31 PM   #5
    Catholic_dad
    (male)

Catholic_dad HB User

Quote:
    The reason that the ground feels like it is moving up and down is because you have an inner ear problem that probably was started from the alcohol abuse. If you still drink you may want to consider stopping as that will only make it worse. I know exactly the sensation that you are feeling with the ground going up and down. You feeling as though you are walking on a trampeline. It's awful. The ground sensation will go away if you exercise. Things to stay completely away from are cigarettes if you can. No caffeine of any kind. Stay away from chocolate. See if your doctor can prescribe some allegra-d that should clear up that sensation. Also drink a ton of water and take some super multi vitamins, there is evidence that they heal a damaged inner ear that result from drug abuse. Take a look on a good search engine under "inner ear dysfunction" I hope this helps.

Andrew

Old 05-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #6
    Catholic_dad
    (male)

Catholic_dad HB User

Quote:
    i already had neuropsychological testing done and the results showed that i do have memory problems there isn't much i can do I exercise a lot and iam graduating from college so its not like i can't do anything. Iam surprised that iam doing well in school but i have problems talking and other things that i mentioned earlier. Plus iam really stressed out my boyfriend left me 5 months ago and we were together for 3 years and were suppossed to get married and everything. He was with me while i was doing drugs and when i stopped he was really supportive at first but then i started complaining a lot and didn't feel like myself and i used to call him and cry all the time. It wasn't very pleasant for either one of us, and i guess he couldn't wait any longer for me to get better so he just bounced. Iam really upset and suicidal some days. I hope my life gets better otherwise i might do something stupid.
    Trivial don't do anything "stupid." I cannot emphasize enough that your symptoms sound like an inner ear dysfunction. They were all probably started from drug and alcohol abuse or at the very least severely exacerbated by your drug use. The reason I say that is because of the sensation of the ground going up and down that you describe. The anxiety and memory are typical with inner ear damage. I know we are not suppose to post authors or books on here but I am going to risk it. Look on ****** for Dr. Levinson's book called "phobia free" He talks all about this and how anxiety and the symptoms you describe are the result of inner ear damage. This can be mostly corrected and healed through some basic therapy.

Andrew

Old 05-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #7
    Catholic_dad
    (male)

Catholic_dad HB User

Quote:

Old 05-05-2005, 08:59 AM   #8
    Nervous Nellie

Nervous Nellie HB User

Quote:
    Trivial,

I can understand your depression over the break up with your boyfriend, but I think it's better it happened now and not after you were married. True love, in my opinion, doesn't depend on the health of the person, but rather on who the person is.

I don't think you'd be able to rely on this person down the road, if he abandoned you during such a time of desperate need.

Time does heal all wounds, and you will meet a man that is worthy of you.

Congrats on graduating from college. You have a wonderful life ahead if you feel that you deserve it and won't let your self-worth be determined by others. When you are truly yourself, that is the time that you will meet the right partner for you.

Hugs,
    Nellie

Old 05-05-2005, 03:27 PM   #9
    Trivial Rush

Trivial Rush HB User

thank you Andrew for your input iam just curious did you go through the same thing is that how you know i have an inner ear problem. And would something like that come up on an MRI. Oh and by the way i stopped drinking, smoking, and the caffiene along with the drugs but i don't know about the chocolate. Why should i stop eating chocolate is it because it has caffeine in it? Is this permanent? I exercise a lot but i can't do the things i used to do, like rollerblade iam scared i might fall because its like iam walking like you said on a trampaline

Last edited by Trivial Rush; 05-05-2005 at 03:31 PM.

Old 05-05-2005, 03:29 PM   #10
    Trivial Rush

Trivial Rush HB User

Oh also how will the allegra D help me? What is it suppossed to do?

Closed Thread